Julia on Kathy Van Zeeland

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the green man

Registered Shopper
Thought i was hearing things on the 10-11pm hour yesterday.There was a bag called Daydream Daisy and it went something like this "daydream daisy they have just gone off to change bags (meaning the models) oh no it's the bag thats called daydream daisy"
It came across as very bitchy and unfair as the models don't have a chance to join in with her "witty banter" although i doubt thats what it is.

I found the whole show uncomfortable, just wanted something undemanding to watch. Not keen on the bags but JR 's witty banter seemed very double edged throughout the show and the guest seemed wary of saying much before Queenie had announced her verdict on everything. But I don't watch much QVC now because of this sort of thing.

After a break JR announced that we were watching QVC with Julia Roberts and KVZ bags then, in what came across rather like an after-thought, she mentioned the KVZ guest! What she said made me think that she really believes everything revolves around her.

I also noticed that the jeggings with zips and the toe-post sandals where there for a change!

After a break JR announced that we were watching QVC with Julia Roberts and KVZ bags then, in what came across rather like an after-thought, she mentioned the KVZ guest! What she said made me think that she really believes everything revolves around her.

I also noticed that the jeggings with zips and the toe-post sandals where there for a change!

You mean it doesn't?

After all, JR mentions in EVERY show she's doing at the moment that she's been with QVC UK from the start.

I truly believe that she thinks she's the "grande dame" of QVC. Though she's becoming more like a panto dame with each passing day... :tongue:

If she isn't careful she'll be the panto villain/wicked stepmother, boo,hiss. The truth is it has probably already happened, just watch out for her bringing nice red, juicy apples for all the young and pretty models and guests to eat.

She really is becoming unwatchable.

Who the hell does she think she is? The fact that she's been with QVC since the beginning doesn't give her the right to be rude and condescending to all those around her. She should be setting an example not acting like a spoilt madam!!!

I for one wouldn't be sorry if they got shot of her!

You mean it doesn't?

After all, JR mentions in EVERY show she's doing at the moment that she's been with QVC UK from the start.

I truly believe that she thinks she's the "grande dame" of QVC. Though she's becoming more like a panto dame with each passing day... :tongue:

She must be, she has a full page of the QVC Presenters' calendar all to her self whilst the others appear two on each month. :cheeky:

I know everyone is different, but it does sometimes amaze me how different I must be to others. I am in the menopause, so trust me when I say that I take offense very quickly these days ( my kids - and do not bother ringing NSPCC, they are all adults lol - are communicating with me from behind the setee with white flags whislt suffering DH sits there and just negotiates peace, he is a loss to the World Council!!!) but I just do not see JR like that. To me she is very professional, I have no view on her but I rather watch her then Craig

Last edited:
She obviously thinks she looks good in those zipped jeggings, some brave soul put her right please.

I know everyone is different, but it does sometimes amaze me how different I must be to others. I am in the menopause, so trust me when I say that I take offense very quickly these days ( my kids - and do not bother ringing NSPCC, they are all adults lol - are communicating with me from behind the setee with white flags whislt suffering DH sits there and just negotiates peqace, he is a loss to the World Council!!!) but I just do not see JR like that. To me she is very professional, I have no view on her but I rather watch her then Craig

Same here Star. Another day another Julia bashing thread.
I think sometimes she says things without thinking but on the whole she is profssional well spoken and knows about the products she is selling .
I find that some people just wait for her to appear so they can find fault with her weight, shoes, accent, and pick up on her every little comment. I end up hoping that she is not presenting because I know that another 'Julia is the Antichrist thread' will pop up.

I know everyone is different, but it does sometimes amaze me how different I must be to others. I am in the menopause, so trust me when I say that I take offense very quickly these days ( my kids - and do not bother ringing NSPCC, they are all adults lol - are communicating with me from behind the setee with white flags whislt suffering DH sits there and just negotiates peqace, he is a loss to the World Council!!!) but I just do not see JR like that. To me she is very professional, I have no view on her but I rather watch her then Craig

Minor things can be an irksome irritation, whilst large blooming great catastrophes can be
dealt with with calmness and acceptance.

Same here Star. Another day another Julia bashing thread.
I think sometimes she says things without thinking but on the whole she is profssional well spoken and knows about the products she is selling .
I find that some people just wait for her to appear so they can find fault with her weight, shoes, accent, and pick up on her every little comment. I end up hoping that she is not presenting because I know that another 'Julia is the Antichrist thread' will pop up.

Not at all. I think she is good at her job. But I have said before, quoting my daughter, she is a good presenter but you wouldn't want her as a friend.

You mean it doesn't?

:whew:
Poor old Julia cops it again!!

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

I love Julia and her slightly cutting asides :happy: Always remember when she had been to a reunion of 'The Price is Right' dolly birds and she commented on-air how badly some of them had aged! :talking: I don't think anything that is said on here would bother her - she's got a bullet-proof ego!

I know everyone is different, but it does sometimes amaze me how different I must be to others. I am in the menopause, so trust me when I say that I take offense very quickly these days ( my kids - and do not bother ringing NSPCC, they are all adults lol - are communicating with me from behind the setee with white flags whislt suffering DH sits there and just negotiates peace, he is a loss to the World Council!!!) but I just do not see JR like that. To me she is very professional, I have no view on her but I rather watch her then Craig

I feel the same as you Star, (though I'm not menopausal - yet!) maybe I'm just quite unobservant as I just don't notice the things about JR that others one here get so het up about.

I think she is very experienced and professional presenter, I find her more watchable than most of the others.

I couldn't care less about her family or her personal life, if she wants to talk about it fine, it doesn't bother me but neither does it affect my life one way or the other if she has a home in Spain or got her daughter a job on QVC etc etc. And I'm not planning to meet her never mind befriend her, as far as I'm concerned she's good at the job she's paid to do, end of.

Minor things can be an irksome irritation, whilst large blooming great catastrophes can be
dealt with with calmness and acceptance.

as one who seems to have been suffering hot flushes et al for the past twenty years can I just say I agree with your observation loveinamist..!!!

can I just repeat the oft-told menopause joke..?

Q Why does it take a menopausal woman 6 hours to cook a chicken?
A BECAUSE I FECKIN' WELL SAID IT DOES...!!!

' nuff said..!

I like Julia. Maybe the reason she was like that on the kathy van z show was because she doesn't like the product - I've seen her go a bit cold and critical on other shows where I've personally thought the product a bit crap and got the vibe that Julia felt the same - good for her, I say!

I like Julia. Maybe the reason she was like that on the kathy van z show was because she doesn't like the product - I've seen her go a bit cold and critical on other shows where I've personally thought the product a bit crap and got the vibe that Julia felt the same - good for her, I say!

That's not very professional though, is it?

JR used to be an actress, so you'd think she'd be able to fake an interest (if not enthusiasm) for a product range that she is being paid to sell. It's also not very nice for customers who may be interested but feel put off when the presenter isn't particularly bothered.

I liken it to walking into a shop and wanting some service, but the sales assistants are more interested in talking to each other than the customers. And don't hesitate to show their disdain.

Latest posts

Back