Just Wondering Any News ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'something' does seem to be missing on the information front i think.

hope it all gets sorted for her asap, whatever's going on...

i agree, this 'sharing' with the world is great when your life is hunky dory, when it's not, completely different story & it's difficult to hide yourself away.

I have to agree with you Northernlights and Lexxy. I've watched Dawn on QVC since she first started fifteen years ago, and even back then she used to show photo's of her first husband Craig, and say how gorgeous he was. Then, something went wrong and they divorced. Dawn was in bits, and she lost a hell of a lot of weight. So I hope all's going to turn out okay for her.

She's always tried to make JJ come on set, and you could clearly tell that he was not at all comfortable when she did that.

If I were in that position, I would keep my private life, private. Then, people wouldn't be quite so interested.

All that aside, I have to feel sorry for her.

yes he has an SA passport, or did have. I remember Dawn saying once that JJ couldn't go to the CHA with her because of his SA passport. She is one strong lady, I would be on my knees by now...hope JJ is okay too.

Yesterday on one of the craft shows, they cut to a photo of the product and you could hear a really, really long and mournful sigh over the presenters rambling........

You could tell it was DB.

Sounded like someone drawing their last breath - really quite sad but I didn't know why at the time.

Have a flower DB :flower:

yes he has an SA passport, or did have. I remember Dawn saying once that JJ couldn't go to the CHA with her because of his SA passport. She is one strong lady, I would be on my knees by now...hope JJ is okay too.

When I mentioned this to hubby it's something he can't understand as South African golf pro's regularly play the US tour.

Passports being issued in the UK for the British seem to take little or no time, it's something we take for granted.
Seems like there's no constructive news as to if all is ok or not.
Perhaps it was a shame for Dawn and JJ it happened that they were in South Africa leaving him to sort it out on his own.
I do hope all is well and can be sorted for them as soon as it can be.

Nothing against Dawn, I do not know her, but is this not getting a little pathetic?
There are Army/Navy/Air Force wives/husbands who are without their partners for months, AND some of them are fighting. They have to cope with the fact that any day someone will knock on their door saying their partner has been injured/killed. Others, due to economic reasons, have to be apart for month on end to pay morgages ie if someone works away, and they cope.
And here is talk of a woman separated from her husband due to passport problems, which can be sorted, living in a country where he is not on his own and presumably has somewhere to stay.
Furthermore you do not leave it until the last moment to get another passport, especially if you are a foreign national ( I know, I am one) living in another country

Last edited:
Nothing against Dawn, I do not know her, but is this not getting a little pathetic?
There are Army/Navy/Air Force wives/husbands who are without their partners for months, AND some of them are fighting. They have to cope with the fact that any day someone will knock on their door saying their partner has been injured/killed. Others, due to economic reasons, have to be apart for month on end to pay morgages ie if someone works away, and they cope.
And here is talk of a woman separated from her husband due to passport problems, which can be sorted, living in a country where he is not on his own and presumably has somewhere to stay.
Furthermore you do not leave it until the last moment to get another passport, especially if you are a foreign national ( I know, I am one) living in another country

exactly there is more to it me thinks, :wait:

Exactly!! The voice of sense at last. However, if all this angst is only because he's been delayed then DB needs to get a grip and count her blessings....and all her money to take her mind off it. :mysmilie_486:

EXACTLY what I've been thinking! She's got plenty of friends and family, as we all know, to support her. Yes it's sad but it's not for ever!!!!

So sorry far be it, I never intended or will ignore all the sufferings thoughout the world.
I won't ask any pathetic QVC questions anymore.

:wave:

I'm sure Dawn's a very nice lady and all that , but I totally agree with the above:up:

So sorry far be it, I never intended or will ignore all the sufferings thoughout the world.

I don't think anyone's having a pop at you bags, but I think it's something I was thinking myself but was too much of a coward to say on here, as I thought I'd be the only one! Just because you feel empathty for her doesn't mean anyone's questioning your empathy for other things going on in the world.

i didn't take the 'pathetic' comment being directed at you either bags! :hi:

more aimed at the slightly OTT reaction from DB to this 'crisis' compared to other situations as mentioned, which i agree with. as already said, her reaction is pointing to something more going on than just waiting for a passport to be sorted...

i've got to admit to feeling a teensy bit sorry for the poor woman, all this played out in public! entirely of her own making though & no doubt it's added a bit of extra pressure to the situation, whatever it is!

The "pathetic" is situation directed I really did not mean it personally. I am sory if I upset you, that was not my intention. I just wanted to bring some realism into the situation

Latest posts

Back