Kings Realm premium meats same butcher new brand?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Sims

Registered Shopper
Caught QVC at teatime tonight and teh Buccleuch butcher is on. Wasn't he called something else like Exmoor style meats? Now he is Kings Realm.

Why the name changes?

Have you seen the prices!
Who buys food like this from QVC - Not me for sure. I would rather support my local butcher :happy:

Same butcher!!

I have just switched on and remember him from Buccleuh premium foods a few years ago. obviously a bloke who likes his food!! You are absolutely right - support the local butcher and it will be cheaper

I saw a bit of this show too.. Does that bloke 'own' these meat companies, they go bust and he just pops up with another name?
If thats true, why do qvc still do business with him? Its hardly a good advert for his business skills if these premium meat companies disappear after a while.. :thinking:

How can frozen meat be premium meat???
Totally agree with the local butchers thing, from your butcher you can get premium unfrozen meat, locally sourced and animal friendsly reared.

buccleugh foods seems to be a going concern, must have just been dropped by QVC who stole the idea and took fatso along with it. Exmoor style seems to exist only in QVC-land, they probably changed the name becuase its crap, lets face it.

Fatty boy actually made some terrible reference to "Kings Realm" being the territory of king arthur as if this bore some relevance to his sausages. fail.

so this afternoon we had the food, charisma by-pass charlie brook and a desperate fatty.

meat and two veg.

Yet again a guest presenter is back with another brand, totally contradicts what Lorraine who used to do SBC was told.

I saw a bit of this show too.. Does that bloke 'own' these meat companies, they go bust and he just pops up with another name?
If thats true, why do qvc still do business with him? Its hardly a good advert for his business skills if these premium meat companies disappear after a while.. :thinking:

I know someone who is a very good friend of Andrew and worked with him for many years. He says Andrew is a 'top bloke'. He has had a long career with very reputable meat suppliers. He used to work for Buccleugh but eventually chose to go his own way. With a partner he started Exmoor (just a name to express the general area of the farms concerned) and now QVC have founded Kings Realm. It is their 'own brand' but Andrew is very much involved with the brand. As others have said, neither of the other companies have gone bust. Andrew is an honest and decent bloke and really knows his stuff. All the meat he supplies is well sourced, the animals are well taken care of, and the meat is of high quality etc. My friend is very picky about the origin of the meat he eats and, having worked in the meat industry a good many years, knows a lot of unpleasant things that go on and he trusts Andrew's meat.

Yet again a guest presenter is back with another brand, totally contradicts what Lorraine who used to do SBC was told.

Yep..and what about the Gale Hayman lady, who used to do Pupa, and I'm sure it was her used to do Karin Herzog yonks ago. I liked Lorraine and I'd like to see her back on QVC.

I know someone who is a very good friend of Andrew and worked with him for many years. He says Andrew is a 'top bloke'. He has had a long career with very reputable meat suppliers. He used to work for Buccleugh but eventually chose to go his own way. With a partner he started Exmoor (just a name to express the general area of the farms concerned) and now QVC have founded Kings Realm. It is their 'own brand' but Andrew is very much involved with the brand. As others have said, neither of the other companies have gone bust. Andrew is an honest and decent bloke and really knows his stuff. All the meat he supplies is well sourced, the animals are well taken care of, and the meat is of high quality etc. My friend is very picky about the origin of the meat he eats and, having worked in the meat industry a good many years, knows a lot of unpleasant things that go on and he trusts Andrew's meat.

I was commenting on how it looked, that Andrew was popping up, every so often, fronting different meat companies.. Regardless of how nice a bloke he is, how lovely the meat is, etc, the impression I got was he was jumping ship a bit too often, so thought something was going on! :thinking:

Yep..and what about the Gale Hayman lady, who used to do Pupa, and I'm sure it was her used to do Karin Herzog yonks ago. I liked Lorraine and I'd like to see her back on QVC.

Yep, indeed!!! :clapping:

I was commenting on how it looked, that Andrew was popping up, every so often, fronting different meat companies.. Regardless of how nice a bloke he is, how lovely the meat is, etc, the impression I got was he was jumping ship a bit too often, so thought something was going on! :thinking:

I was trying to say that Andrew is not the sort to 'jump ship' in that way. I believe his decision to leave Buccleugh was something to do with the travelling involved in representing a Highlands company. The King's Realm thing is a good, solid company in association with QVC. I suppose I was saying that, no matter what it looked like, he was a sound bloke and was not doing that.

Last edited:
Can't believe the price of this stuff iam a chef and chicken is max £1.50 a breast daylight robbery and as for that naff sandwich steak you can buy half a full sirloin fir that would last you alot longer too biggest rip off iv ever seen I dint even normally look on these but I felt I should warn you people how much of a rip off it is

Latest posts

Back