Kipling TSV 10/05/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only saving grace is no silly furry monkey on it
The lining looks very cheap and thin. They didn’t say too much about the lining when I was watching and they usually make a fuss about the lining. I have a suspicion that Kipling bags have had their day and are on the way out.

I'm with you Breeze. I've never bought a Kipling bag and this doesn't inspire me at all. I like a small bag but the colours are very Meh and for nearly £50 it doesn't tempt me. Kipling used to be in the "in" thing but I fear no more.

CC
Totally agree with you, Kipling are out the door and struggljng.

I bought a couple of Kipling bags years ago, including the Fairfax, only because the monkey was sporting my name. 😳 I went off the brand to be honest especially after the prices went up but the Air Ambulance benefited from my change of heart, although I kept the monkeys to use as keyrings.

I often feel a wave of sympathy for Marie-Francoise's husband. Can you imagine how many bags, purses and pouches she has? He definitely can't be one of those men who say "You've got a handbag already - why do you want another one"?

I brought out a Kipling bag I had not used for ages and it was a TSV must be from 6/7 years ago.It is a quilted effect fabric ,plenty of pockets, good hardwear, not a Fluffy money in sight.Compared with a recent purchase
( Kipling website sale) which I used on a recent holiday the earlier one is so much more substantial, even the lining is heavier.I am sure anything similar these days would be over £100.

The lining looks very cheap and thin. They didn’t say too much about the lining when I was watching and they usually make a fuss about the lining. I have a suspicion that Kipling bags have had their day. The lining looks very cheap and thin. They didn’t say too much about the lining when I was watching and they usually make a fuss about the lining. I have a suspicion that Kipling bags have had their day and are out their way out
When you cheap down on your core components and materials, it’s shows through on the finished product. You cannot expect people to pay a decent whack - even if it is just for the brand and name.

I like the concept of that bag for its usefulness for me woof walking. It saves me shoving bits in my pockets, but I think it is one to watch in my wish list. In the event it does come down well in price I may get it. It will be a while though because I am not minded to be ripped off.

You are right though I think Kipling have run their course- shame really because they did some nice things in their heyday!

People on the QVC UK group moaning about how small the bag is…. Lots going back by the sound of it. Kipling used to be such a great brand but to be honest the bags they produce now look like something you get in a market stall for under £10.

I do need a cross body style, but I want large! None of the oh, you can get a mobile and purse in it. No, I want my folding umbrella, tissues, mobile, purse and other bits and pieces. For some unknown reason Kipling can do large, and I mean large in shoulder bags, but cross body I consider to be just medium. Now I am currently using a Kipling cross body, good amount of pockets, but I am finding rather heavy.

It’s been a really boring collection lately from QVC I’m baffled really .. the TSV hasn’t really helped anything from what I can see. Or is it just me ? lol .. I record the shows and then watch and fast forward most of it unfortunately.
Used to watch with a cuppa in hand and enjoy in the day .. oh well not exactly a third world problem I know. Just a bit disappointed

I often feel a wave of sympathy for Marie-Francoise's husband. Can you imagine how many bags, purses and pouches she has? He definitely can't be one of those men who say "You've got a handbag already - why do you want another one"?
Is she one of those QVC types who owns everything? I suppose that having samples of all the bags and purses is an occupational hazard! Shame she doesn't work for Chanel!

I bought a large bag last year so I have a choice its quite big but has a one way zip that makes it awkward to open and close so I dont like using it. Cost quite a lot of money wish I had returned it tbh.

I use a Kipling Gabbie bag most days but the cross-body strap is starting to fray. If it gets too bad, that might mean a trip to ebay. And I also like a double-zip purse. The one I use is the uzario in a bright green I can see inside my bag, (£18 on amazon back in the day) but it's big and I could do with a smaller one. The zip pull inside broke off but the zip still closes ok.

I looked at it and thought that would be useful as a dog walking bag, for my phone, loo bags, keys and dog treats.

But it’s expensive for what it is and at max I would have paid no more than £25.00, so it’s not really a TSV for what is a boring fabric bag!
I thought exactly the same, but it's almost identical from the custom made dog bag I splashed out on that also has a flat water bottle in the side which was quite a bit less than this one.

It’s been a really boring collection lately from QVC I’m baffled really .. the TSV hasn’t really helped anything from what I can see. Or is it just me ? lol .. I record the shows and then watch and fast forward most of it unfortunately.
Used to watch with a cuppa in hand and enjoy in the day .. oh well not exactly a third world problem I know. Just a bit disappointed
I agree with you 100%. Gone are the days when I used to watch a whole show. I just now dip in and then check it out on the App and that’s it!

It has certainly lost its sparkle.

I thought exactly the same, but it's almost identical from the custom made dog bag I splashed out on that also has a flat water bottle in the side which was quite a bit less than this one.

I had spotted a Sophie Allport dog bag online - it’s quite reasonable at £19.50!!

Only thing that is holding me back is that it does not seem to be a cross body one.

I had spotted a Sophie Allport dog bag online - it’s quite reasonable at £19.50!!

Only thing that is holding me back is that it does not seem to be a cross body one.
This is the one I got, more than I would usually pay but it's well made and the water bottle doesn't leak, unlike most.

Latest posts

Back