La Roberts in toe-posts rant.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm scrolling through the comments and every so often an ad for Fitflops pops up. :cheeky:

Coming back to Julia Roberts, I watched her on a Butler and Wilson show a couple of weeks ago, and she was great! Knowledgable, entertaining, seemed to have a good rapport with the guest presenter, and moved the show on at a good pace. I am now more puzzled by the fact she gets such a slagging on here.

In relation to the shoes, the presenters are often standing for much of a show, and that can be a foot killer (anyone who has worked in a shop will confirm!), if I was her, and found something comfortable, I'd wear them the whole blessed time, and not care what anyone thought.

I think JR gets a slagging on here because she constantly comes across so "diva-like and I'm Queen of TV shopping" the majority of the time. Yes, I acknowledge that she is a very informative presenter but sometimes her general attitude is really unlikeable.

If she would tone down "I'm so-in-love-with-myself and great-at-what-I-do" persona then perhaps we would warm to her again.

It's all well and good saying that she should wear what she likes and be comfortable coz she's standing etc, but she's not tucked away in an office somewhere, she's on live television. And her job is to sell us things that supposedly make us more beautiful and confident and glamorous and so frankly she needs to be all of those things to make us believe what she's saying. It's why it's also hard to swallow what AY is telling us a lot of time because she's not a good advertisement for her products.

It's not like the presenters need to be red carpet glamorous all of the time (although JR DID wear those awful shoes on the red carpet...cringe) but they need to look well kept, polished and not like they got dressed in the dark in an Oxfam shop....

Actually I use Google chrome, but I wasn't minding the ads - it was the fact that the ads were promoting the very item that most of the posters were critical about. I thought it was funny.:sun:

I don't like watching all the QVC presenters - I have never warmed to Jill Franks, and Catherine Huntley is a bit irritating at times - but I really don't get this Queen Bea vibe off Julia.

Actually I use Google chrome, but I wasn't minding the ads - it was the fact that the ads were promoting the very item that most of the posters were critical about. I thought it was funny.:sun:

I don't like watching all the QVC presenters - I have never warmed to Jill Franks, and Catherine Huntley is a bit irritating at times - but I really don't get this Queen Bea vibe off Julia.

Me either. However we seem to be in the minority here. I find JR professional, informative and easy to watch. A flick of her hair or an off the cuff remark seem to send a lot of people into a frenzy. If she wears a low cut, sleeveless top then I just wait for the easily offended to start a thread. As for the toe post and jeggins it's a wonder how some folk don't spontaniously combust when she is on wearing them.

I'm in the minority too. I don't get the queen bee or bitchy vibe from Julia either. And to put me even further in the minority corner I don't really dislike any of the presenters. If I'm interested in the "show" then I'll watch. There are some presenters I prefer and Julia is amongst them.

I do wish she would add a bit more variety into her wardrobe but half the time you can only see her from the waist up so it's neither here nor there.

Like all of us some days she looks better than others. I've just come back from spending four hours on my allotment and I look a mess but yesterday I went to a top London restaurant for lunch and I thought I looked fab, but of course half the restaurant could have thought my black suede slingbacks were naff ... who knows.

I've been watching QVC from the first day of broadcast but only came across this forum fairly recently and couldn't believe the venom being directed at her. She don't bother me in the slightest and if she did I wouldn't watch her, simple really.

I think Julia is quite a polished Shopping TV presenter and the jeggings/toe posts don't bother me.
What does bother me is the constant fishing for compliments,the sly bitchy remarks she makes and the general showing off for the camera.

However I would rather watch Julia all day than the dreadful Claire Sutton, with her awful contrvived child like presenting style and faux posh accent or Claudia Sylvester and her silliness!

julia even wears flip flops whilst sunbathing...

2dvpd1t.jpg

Latest posts

Back