Liz Earle (the person) and her daughter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PennyPitStop

Registered Shopper
This has popped up on my news feed, don't normally read The Sun do no idea why I've got this. Algorithms!? Worth a read. In the place where the link was it said LE originally sold the company for £140_million, doesn't mention that in the article. Hmmmm...

This has popped up on my news feed, don't normally read The Sun do no idea why I've got this. Algorithms!? Worth a read. In the place where the link was it said LE originally sold the company for £140_million, doesn't mention that in the article. Hmmmm...

Oh that’s so sad and as a fellow sufferer of one of her daughter’s illnesses - plus a few more besides - I can relate and it’s just so hard and horrid. Chronic pain is just hideous aside from all the other symptoms.. :(

And as I’ve suffered ill health from a young age, I’ve often heard my mum, and dad when he was here, say they wish they could take my place or do ANYthing to make me well 😢

Just goes to show all that for all the wealth she has, she can’t protect her or her loved ones from agony...
(Would make it easier to bear, though, I’m not going to lie!!)

The daughter is the spit of her mum! Except for the pink hair 😉
Both so pretty...
I think I used to be but chronic illness does ravage you somewhat after 2 decades...

When I looked it up, it said LE sold the business to Avon for an indisclosed sum in 2010, then they sold to Wallmart group for £140M in 2015?

Didn’t know Liz had 5 children, either - inc one at 47yo! Yikes! 😳

And she got divorced for the second time during lockdown? Poor lady...

There’s an article about the farm property she was selling for £6.5M in the Times - very nice!!

(If you register you do get some free articles per month!)

Thanks for the interesting albeit sad story link!

Sounds awful. There are lots of auto-immune diseases that were unheard of 30 or 40 odd years ago, like Lupus which I was diagnosed with at age 45 in 1993, my parents were baffled, and my Mum bless her said "how have you got that ???" Yes chronic pain and exhaustion is not something that can be seen or a sticking plaster can fix.

Liz is 58 eh ? hmmm touch of botox on the forehead and top lip if you ask me.

Sounds awful. There are lots of auto-immune diseases that were unheard of 30 or 40 odd years ago, like Lupus which I was diagnosed with at age 45 in 1993, my parents were baffled, and my Mum bless her said "how have you got that ???" Yes chronic pain and exhaustion is not something that can be seen or a sticking plaster can fix.

Liz is 58 eh ? hmmm touch of botox on the forehead and top lip if you ask me.
I guess it’s a good thing that overall - albeit too slowly - we’re getting better research and more informed about Auto-immunity and hopefully cures.

Think Lupus treatment has - in theory - come on a long way since you were diagnosed?

Funnily I was diagnosed - not with SLE - in 1993, although I was but a very young teen!

My good friend has just published a memoir/book about her life with lupus, she’s been very poorly with it for many years.
She’s a good writer who also has a blog.
It’s on kindle too if you’re interested!
Plug plug!

LUPUS, YOU ODD UNNATURAL THING: a tale of auto-immunity
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MYTDVH5/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

PS. I did think Liz Earle looked amazing for her age and very smooth!!

'There are lots of auto-immune diseases that were unheard of 30 or 40 odd years ago...'
We eat food that's been sprayed with pesticides & then wrapped in plastic & those who eat meat ingest large amounts of anti biotics that were fed to the animals, There are computers, phones, & their masts, everywhere. We wear manmade fabrics, live in houses full of electrical equipment & fitted with hermetically sealed windows. Humans have created a toxic world so I'm not surprised that our immune systems are being ravaged. Poor Lily, she's got a lot to deal with.

One of the things which I am noticing is that if you have any autoimmune diagnosis, you seem to me more likely to have other health issues come along with it or as a result of it.
I think they need to do a lot more research into the connection between modern lifestyles where we are using lots of chemicals on our homes and on ourselves the are probably innocuous if using only one, but become problematic when we use one after the other.

Latest posts

Back