Lulu G

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Reading the other CEO tread, with the comments about living London.
Sparked me to recall when Lulu G. was on the evening of her TSV.
She commented that she was in fact taking her daughter to Manchester as she was starting at Manchester uni the very next day.
Despite me living about twenty minutes away, I must say I was slightly shocked to hear she was coming up to Manchester.
Had wondered if she had the choice from all over the world paying any sum to send her daughter to study.
As we aren't up to uni places as yet, I've no idea what courses are on offer at Manchester.
Wonder if there's a handbag design course here up North :thinking:

Reading the other CEO tread, with the comments about living London.
Sparked me to recall when Lulu G. was on the evening of her TSV.
She commented that she was in fact taking her daughter to Manchester as she was starting at Manchester uni the very next day.
Despite me living about twenty minutes away, I must say I was slightly shocked to hear she was coming up to Manchester.
Had wondered if she had the choice from all over the world paying any sum to send her daughter to study.
As we aren't up to uni places as yet, I've no idea what courses are on offer at Manchester.
Wonder if there's a handbag design course here up North :thinking:

No idea but I live close to Manchester too. Hello! :hi:

I dunno - apparently Manchester Uni is supposed to be one of the best in the country! I applied to go there in the 90s but didn't get the results required, it is very heavily oversubscribed as it's popular...

Manchester ( Victoria) University is well respected.Manchester Metropolitan University was the former Manchester Polytecnic.Then there is Salford University and Bolton University ( former Bolton Institute)
A large number of students head this way!

Manchester ( Victoria) University is well respected.Manchester Metropolitan University was the former Manchester Polytecnic.Then there is Salford University and Bolton University ( former Bolton Institute)
A large number of students head this way!

Indeed so, for when Manchester Victoria rejected me I ended up at Bolton Institute. And very super duper pooper scoopers it was too!

Manchester University has been one of the top UK HE institutions for donkey's years, and to my knowledge the other institutions in and around Manchester are all pretty good. It was particularly popular with students in the late eighties/early nineties with the whole 'Madchester' thing. Although I just discovered that Lancaster University now tops the North West ahead of Manchester (depends which assessment criteria you're using I know, this was per capita student spend I think, but as a Lancaster graduate I'm biased :wink:)

Welcome to the North West whichever one of her daughters it is, Tara and Madeleine I believe (fantastic names IMHO - as we have both in our family! :wave:)

And of course Manchester University have the added bonus of Professor Brian Cox (physicist).:cool:

Latest posts

Back