Merry Christmas to all

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2015. May all the great TSVs find the way to us. :-D

I am on my own at Christmas, does not bother me at all.

Nah, we QVC groupies hunt in packs, you're lumbered with us !

Well I got round to Mum's (stubborn at 91) to see if she was coming to my sisters for Christmas lunch. I discovered she'd cancelled her morning carer over Christmas so I made her some breakfast and did a few chores. She declared she didn't feel well enough to go out, so I got her some lunch then set off for dear sis. I had a nice meal at my sisters despite my brother in law knocking back the Guinness with his turkey and parsnips and then burping loudly every 10 mins (I didn't detect any f@rts though, be grateful for small mercies).

They rarely have the heating on - they must have anti-freeze in their veins as they never wear woollies. By 6pm I was uncomfortably cold and made my farewells laden with some lovely gifts, some mince pies for me and left-over turkey for Eric (cat !).

Got my brother's side of the family coming to me tomorrow. Still not wrapped all their presents or cleaned/tidied the house. Got a fridge full of food from Marks so they won't starve. This time tomorrow it will all be over and I can relax. Come daylight on Saturday I'll have to venture out into the back garden to poop-scoop the deposits left by my visitors' 4 dogs.

Bah humbug

Nah, we QVC groupies hunt in packs, you're lumbered with us !

Well I got round to Mum's (stubborn at 91) to see if she was coming to my sisters for Christmas lunch. I discovered she'd cancelled her morning carer over Christmas so I made her some breakfast and did a few chores. She declared she didn't feel well enough to go out, so I got her some lunch then set off for dear sis. I had a nice meal at my sisters despite my brother in law knocking back the Guinness with his turkey and parsnips and then burping loudly every 10 mins (I didn't detect any f@rts though, be grateful for small mercies).

They rarely have the heating on - they must have anti-freeze in their veins as they never wear woollies. By 6pm I was uncomfortably cold and made my farewells laden with some lovely gifts, some mince pies for me and left-over turkey for Eric (cat !).

Got my brother's side of the family coming to me tomorrow. Still not wrapped all their presents or cleaned/tidied the house. Got a fridge full of food from Marks so they won't starve. This time tomorrow it will all be over and I can relax. Come daylight on Saturday I'll have to venture out into the back garden to poop-scoop the deposits left by my visitors' 4 dogs.

Bah humbug

LOL, never mind the champagne break out the anti freeze.

@erics mum. Thanks for the description of a normal Christmas Day. I have witnessed variations of this over the last few years. Most entertaining after the event

I am late to the party here, but I wish a peaceful Christmas period to all, however you are spending it.

Welcome Lisa and Ellaaaaa,

Christmas is proving alright. Am making organic beef casserole in my mini 1l slow cooker. Organic beef, 2 x mushrooms, green beans, 1 small onion, 1 carrot, 1 vegetable stock cube and 1/2 crushed birds eye chilli. Will be ready at 6pm!

Very very late to the party! I hope everyone who celebrated had a lovely day, and all others enjoyed a break with family and loved ones.
May 2015 bring health, happiness and prosperity to all.

Latest posts

Back