My new kitchen - Birds of a Feather grey, or The Good Life brown?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched Secret Shoppers in the week and a young couple got their kitchen from Magnets down from £12,800 to £5,500 just through haggling and price matching, it goes to show how much they make! It certainly pays to do your homework and haggle.

I'm glad you have found what your looking for and by all means haggle the price because there is a huge mark up on kitchens , let us know how you get on cause we're a nosy lot as you know .

I love the look of the JohnLewisKitchensOfHungerford (not the department store). NosySnarly

Oh yes AD. Let us know. Sounds wonderful and you're so lucky to get the kitchen you always wanted. Always aim high, cause it'll have to
probably last you years and years so it'll be worth it in the long run. And haggle, in this climate, they can;t turn business away. Good
luck tomorrow. :clapping:

I posted a similar thread three years ago when I was planning my new kitchen, I can't find the link now, though:confused: My question was I had heard there was a design rule about work top colours and the floor colour but I couldn't remember it. The concensus was, there are no rules, go with what you like. After taking the plunge (there is too much choice) I went for dark, granite work surfaces, shaker style, high gloss units in cream (from Howdens) and a dark grey tile effect vinyl for the floor. I would have loved slate tiles but the floor was on a different level from the family room once I'd knocked through and it would have been too difficult to do. I could have done with more suggestions from the kitchen fitter and the tiler but they always looked to me to tell them what I wanted them to do. I really had no idea what my options were for where to put the tiles etc but they seemed reluctant to make suggestions. I wonder if they get trouble from people if they can't decide so just let the customer call the shots? Anyway, I hope you have fun choosing what you like and end up with a kitchen you love, ArtDeco :heart: Here are a few pictures of the before and after...

430.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

426.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

429.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

DSC01961.jpg

Huggles I remember your original thread wow what a transformation it looks stunning you must be very pleased with the end result it looks very nice .

Latest posts

Back