National Television Awards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He thinks he's due for a comeback. This is where he and I differ - I think he's due for a go-away.

He seems to use his hours as an audition in case Mr Big from the big telly shows are watching, ready to sign him up and take him away from tellyselly and make his dream come true :mysmilie_19:

The ship sailed long ago..........In fact, it didn't dock :mysmilie_17:

I'm going to start a "Bring Back Our Bet" campaign - I haven't heard him mention her (he? she? it?) for ages. Is it a case of secure confinement, or has she (shock! horror! gasp!) left for pastures new? Bet, if you're out there, speak to us!
Yes they call him that because he's no ones cup of tea :mysmilie_15:

I'm going to start a "Bring Back Our Bet" campaign - I haven't heard him mention her (he? she? it?) for ages. Is it a case of secure confinement, or has she (shock! horror! gasp!) left for pastures new? Bet, if you're out there, speak to us!

Maybe our Bet (Barry? Bryan? Bert?) has woke up and smelt the desperation.........of an aging camp "comedy" act circa 1980 whos time has not only past, but never arrived in the first place, sad but true.

I just hope to god he didn't foister his weirdo camp creepiness on the kids in the BBC corridors...

In all seriousness though, I'm sure Mr Peter was on the right side of the law but there seemed to a lot of perverts in Television Centre. It must have been an utter nightmare in there in the 70/80's.

I just hope to god he didn't foister his weirdo camp creepiness on the kids in the BBC corridors...

In all seriousness though, I'm sure Mr Peter was on the right side of the law but there seemed to a lot of perverts in Television Centre. It must have been an utter nightmare in there in the 70/80's.

Yes that's true, makes you wonder doesn't it.

He's obviously going for the suave, sophisticated look (pity he isn't either, but there). He'll be doing a Fred Astaire across the room next. After watching him with Craig the other evening he seems to fancy himself as a dancer as well - is there no beginning to this man's talents?

I'm surprised he hasn't told us his name was being considered for James Bond. He tells so many porkies...

I heard him mention her a couple of weeks ago. It was after he took a sudden holiday for assaulting a cameraman. Can't remember the product but he did say "Our Bet loves this". And we all think he/she doesn't exist! How could we think such things?

To be fair, all large organisations tend to have a few dodgy characters within them by default (my secondary school had at least one, identity unknown), and the BBC operated very professionally with zero tolerance for bad behaviour when it came to programme making; if there was any trouble it almost always happened elsewhere. Plus of course "touchy-feely" behaviour was regarded less seriously by many people years ago, and certain law firms have exploited this to their own advantage with "No win, no fee" cases.

I've just been watching a repeat of him and Moira and he said this as he was gazing longingly at a piece of material

'I know someone at home who would love this, our Bet, she phoned me this afternoon, I've just been talking to her.......'

Her being is usually raised when he needs it to sell a particular item

Latest posts

Back