Not missing my annual festival!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I've been going to Rewind 80's festival since 2014 - I've posted about it before 'cause I had a little drama with my friend some a few years back. Now I go with another couple of mates and we camp with the remainder of my old group...I absolutely love seeing them but that's where the sadness of missing out this year starts and stops..and I'm actually enjoying this weekend as I can see the weather's not great (which helps) and totally appreciating a comfy bed, washing facilities and not having to pay through the nose for snacks and refreshments...If you were to stay in the arena all day 2pm-10pm drinks will cost £5 for a 125ml plastic tumbler of wine, small plastic bottle of fruit cider - the same, single spirit and mixer is about £8.50 and pint of beer is £5.50. Soft drinks are £2.50 a can and a small bottle of water is £1.50. You can buy a plastic bottle of wine for £25 and by all accounts it's really bad quality wine. Food prices start at £4.50 which will get you a small polystyrene tray of plain chips...whooopeee! Obvs people try and smuggle their own stuff in..but security now is getting crazy and I reckon they'd strip search you if they thought they could get away with it! My ticket's been extended till next year but if I'm honest I'd not be surprised if festivals as we know them will ever be a thing again...well definitely not for a good few years. So for now it's a welcome break for me...don't get me wrong ..it does have a lot of moments of enjoyment too...but I'd rather have a few more comforts and not get royally ripped off. Glamping options are extortionate....by the time you've paid for all the extra "luxuries" you could could probably afford an all inclusive holiday abroad. I wouldn't mind going to one of those Butlins weekenders...yeah they're expensive too but I think I've got to an age where I need more civilised surroundings....even Butlins lol!

Latest posts

Back