P&P on Easiyo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I noticed a set of 16 sachets of Greek & Coconut offered at the same P&P as the 8 sachet set of Greek & Coconut. While I'm no genius in the maths department, I'd assume 16 sachets would be double the weight and therefore would cost more to send. Wrong!!!!

So... that boots out weight as the obvious explanation of how they calculate the P&P on the items they sell, doesn't it?
The fact that the even bulkier, although lighter, Yogurt maker attracts lower P&P (£4.95) rules out the size of the package as the reason.
So it comes back to the sleight of hand on the price, I suspect. On the one hand they advertise a price for the product which is lower than elsewhere, then stealthily (or not) come back to the retail price or more with the postage.

They make the P&P charges up as they go. For instance Three Yankee Candles cost the same to send as two Yankee Candles.

To be fair, Royal Mail has pretty wide pricing bands for the weight of a parcel. I'm not inclined to check an example to see if p&p is a fair reflection.....

A duo of little Richard Jacksons compost is the same price as a travel buddy Charlie bear £5.95, yep I don't get it either.

I've only bought Easiyo on QVC when it was free P&P and an offer price too. £5.95 for 8 is almost 75p per sachet postage which is ridiculous!

Lakeland always have some easiyo on offer it's always worth checking and stocking up when it's the ones you like. I'm hoping they have the lemon and ginger and rhubarb ones in soon.

It's like the pricing elsewhere. £X.99 or £X.95 - because they expect (and are probably right) that most will focus on the £ amount and not the bit after the decimal point. There is a certain amount of psychology in it - and it means they can charge the same as elsewhere, but truthfully claim that the actual price of the product is much lower.

I seem to remember a few years ago Ryanair got into problems with advertising prices you never actually got because of credit card fees (you could only get the advertised price if you used a very specific pre-paid credit card that wasn't easy to come by).

Surely if the P&P is something you cannot avoid, it is disingenuous to say the price is X when it is X + P&P. I wonder what would happen if they had to show both a QVC price and a QVC total price for each item? I'm guessing that more would pause and think before confirming purchase.

To be fair, Royal Mail has pretty wide pricing bands for the weight of a parcel. I'm not inclined to check an example to see if p&p is a fair reflection.....
I'm not sure that's even relevant any more - they seem to send the vast majority of items via Hermes nowadays.

And let's not widen the scope to Royal Mail postage charges....!!!:mysmilie_11::mysmilie_365:

Last edited:
The only Easiyo I've bought from the Q was a P&P free OTO.

Otherwise I get deals from H&B or Iceland. It's just too expensive, otherwise.
And I find it doesn't work out any cheaper than pre-made yog. It may be delicious, and cheaper ml for ml, but I just eat more, in larger portions, so the saving doesn't happen.

I live in Spain and used to order Easyo from Q. For 8 sachets I would pay around 7 pounds for p+p. Anything over went up to more than 22 pounds. The last lot I ordered never reached me,(free p+p for which I had to pay just over a pound.) I was refunded though. The other day I looked at an 8 pack and found they wanted 22 pounds p+p!! I now get mine from Holland & Barratt, they send any amount for 6 pounds. No brainer!

Latest posts

Back