Peter Kay Character

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21838

Guest Shopper
That man with the slight jeans overhang which make other men with significant jeans overhang feel a career in television is not beyond them after all, was back on QVC last night. If Peter Kay ever did a shopping telly comedy, this guy is made for him to play.

His wares remind me of the good old days before QVC got all up itself- late 1990s or so. Cheapish bits and bobs that would quite cheerfully adorn the back pages of The People’s Friend, quality car boot sales or Beeston Tuesday markets.

Last night it was some sort of stick on light ending in .99 you would fit to the likes of an inside of a tins cupboard. Apparently they have a movement sensor within them, so possibly the inside of a lightless outside toilet would also work.

I was waiting for some more of the sort of items he might be selling- illuminated back scratchers, battery operated bung pullers, plastic lit up rain hats, compasses for modern day shoes…Unfortunately it was just stick on lights on a loop from what I endured.

That man with the slight jeans overhang which make other men with significant jeans overhang feel a career in television is not beyond them after all, was back on QVC last night. If Peter Kay ever did a shopping telly comedy, this guy is made for him to play.

His wares remind me of the good old days before QVC got all up itself- late 1990s or so. Cheapish bits and bobs that would quite cheerfully adorn the back pages of The People’s Friend, quality car boot sales or Beeston Tuesday markets.

Last night it was some sort of stick on light ending in .99 you would fit to the likes of an inside of a tins cupboard. Apparently they have a movement sensor within them, so possibly the inside of a lightless outside toilet would also work.

I was waiting for some more of the sort of items he might be selling- illuminated back scratchers, battery operated bung pullers, plastic lit up rain hats, compasses for modern day shoes…Unfortunately it was just stick on lights on a loop from what I endured.
That’s a shame, I’ve been on the lookout for a compass for my shoes for a while now, it’s clearly a niche market. 🤔

It really is back to 1997 now. It’s the man with a camera shop near Hendon Central and those binoculars that look like they came with a giant Action Man figure in about 1972. It will be Dexter Stalingrad next with the Tandy Telex Machine..

Yes, my exact thoughts when I saw him last night.

He was selling torches so obviously I had a look.

I've been using a particular torch every day, but had no idea where I got it from until I saw his presentation, and it is one of his. I probably bought it about a year ago.

It is good, but his £4 torch is not quite as bright as the £600 torch on my torch forum :)

PS Bring back the Tandy Telex machine.

That’s a shame, I’ve been on the lookout for a compass for my shoes for a while now, it’s clearly a niche market. 🤔
This is the type of telly we defo need right now! If I wasn’t such a muppet - I fall over my feet all the time- I would LOVE a shoe compass .
If I manage to get the patent anyonefancy investing?
Come on who’s with me???!!
😂😂😂😂

I remember my mum and dad taking the p*** out of the ‘giant one foot slipper’ for oldies (advertised together with Shackleton high chairs) at the back of Sunday magazines.
Who’s laughing now?? We have a feet hot water bottle at our house and we fight over it. My kids are 11 and 22 🤣🤣🤣
Ps I still remember all the words of that Shackleton’s TV ad …
‘“They’d over a hundred chairs to choose from”
😂😂😂

WOW ! ha ! ha ! Peoples Friend - is that still published ????

I got some from Amazon a couple of years ago for the airing cupboard and wardrobes. Don't know how much they are on QVC but I got four for about £14 and FREE shipping.

Now we have a £49.98 tellingscope that you can see a black and white image of an uneven dumpling with. Oh sorry…The Moon..If you are really lucky, you can get to see Saturn’s Ring - or by the look of its supreme powers - the neighbour’s ring…wedding, of course…Keep the parade of tat rolling, boys and girls..

That Japanese woman with the mouth on speed dial with Ultra Hooks (it is treatable with steroids). Hang your iPad on one, she witters. Yeah, right..If you want a potentially dramatic departure of it from it..go right ahead..

Yes, it is. I have spotted in my local Co.op. My granny used to get it and read it.
Awww my lovely granny used to get it as well. It was part of my whole life knowing her along with coal fires, black bun and the Oor Wullie/Broons annual at Christmas. Donna, thank you for prompting me. Love you still Gran xx.

CC

Latest posts

Back