Pink Diaspore

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OrangeLady

Registered Shopper
I've seen a couple of shows for pink diaspore recently. Being sold as the new rarest stone, can't be replaced, only mined for 6 weeks and now depleted/ land owner won't sell any more.

Looks like a nice stone, and some sizeable carat weights (6 - 27cts in the show earlier today). All Arthur Ivy pieces.

There's a little bit of info about pink diaspore on the GIA website.
And a quick search wider afield doesn't bring up much for sale, and all at considered prices.

I'm wondering if it could be similar to paraiba tourmaline in terms of the value increasing over the years... ie is it worth jumping on the bandwagon now?
Or am I being suckered by the sales patter?

I've seen a couple of shows for pink diaspore recently. Being sold as the new rarest stone, can't be replaced, only mined for 6 weeks and now depleted/ land owner won't sell any more.

Looks like a nice stone, and some sizeable carat weights (6 - 27cts in the show earlier today). All Arthur Ivy pieces.

There's a little bit of info about pink diaspore on the GIA website.
And a quick search wider afield doesn't bring up much for sale, and all at considered prices.

I'm wondering if it could be similar to paraiba tourmaline in terms of the value increasing over the years... ie is it worth jumping on the bandwagon now?
Or am I being suckered by the sales patter?

You're being suckered by the sale patter.

Yes, its relatively new. Yes, there's not much out there and yes it's fairly rare.

However, DO NOT pay Gemporia's prices. For what Gem Collector was selling for one piece with their own in-house certificates of authenticity, I've seen TWO pieces, complete with GIA certificates of authenticity (the 'rolls-royce' of authenticity certificates), for less money on Etsy.

Gemporia's price are WAY over the top.

I did see the loose stones on GC and thought "WTF" when they showed the final price!

How do you choose a reputable seller on easy?

I did see the loose stones on GC and thought "WTF" when they showed the final price!

How do you choose a reputable seller on easy?

It's difficult to know who's reputable and who isn't - but when they're offering a GIA certificate with a stone, it's a sure sign that they're the real deal.

If a seller has been around for a while, with lots of positive feedback, that's always a good sign.

GIA certificates have a unique ID number that can be traced online - so there's no way of producing fake ones 😀
Exactly. And if the listing just says "GIA certificate", with no photos of it or note of the certificate record number, and an enquiry to the seller draws a blank, evasive reply or other brush off, steer clear.

I do hope you know you're pronouncing it wrong. According to Lindsey, it's DiasApore. Also known as Pink Csarite. :p

Latest posts

Back