ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Quacker Factory Dream Jeannes Capris with Rhinestones

QVC Price: £36.00
One Time Only Price :£19.96
P&P: £3.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=106282&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

These Dream Jeannes capris with rhinestones from Quacker Factory feature ruching details with clear diamante stones in a heart shape on the pocket, and six large faux rhinestones stones at the base of the trousers. Add subtle sparkle to your everyday look with these rhinestone capris from Quacker Factory.

Fitted, capri leg style
Fully elasticated waistband
96% cotton, 4% elastane
Hand wash cold

Garment measurements:
Waist: XS: 67.3cm (26.5"), S: 72.4cm (28.5"), M: 77.4cm (30.5"), L: 85cm (33.5"), XL: 92.7cm (36.5"), 2XL: 104.1cm (41"), 3XL: 114.3cm (45")
Hip: XS: 95.2cm (37.5"), S: 100.3cm (39.5"), M: 105.4cm (41.5"), L: 113cm (44.5"), XL: 120.6cm (47.5"), 2XL: 134.6cm (53"), 3XL: 144.7cm (57")
Inseam (all sizes): 48.2cm (19")

All measurements are approximate

In pursuit of widening my intellectual horizons, I did an internet search to find out what manner of beast a FAUX rhinestone might be. Because as far as i knew, rhinestones were always faux/imitation/fake stones. There were really stones from the Rhine, but these have been replaced by fake ones for 300 years. Maybe QVC could stop being quite so pretentious and drop the faux and just call those lumpy things on the unflattering trousers rhinestones pure and simple.

Miss Grumpy (authentically grumpy for over three centuries)

And hands up those brave enough to have any pocket on jeans (back bum or hips) exposed ? For me having any sort of decoration on a back pocket is a waste of time because the last time I had the courage to have an 'unfettered' bum was in the late 60's. Since then I have developed a tummy which needs to be kept under wraps, so nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing has been tucked into a waistband from then on, as a result all pockets disappear forever under cover.

The style of the jeans is bad enough let alone with added rhinestones. We used to call these pedal pushers and I wore them when I was about 14.

That would be about right PickLily, your Mum would be in her 20s/30s around the 1950s / 60's when these first came out - along with poppa beads, big white handbags, pointy bras, black elastic belts and rock'n'roll skirts ! The days of Dickie Valentine, Dennis Lotis, Lita Roza, Pearl Carr & Teddy Johnstone, and who remembers Café Continental on the tele on a Saturday night ?

Don't worry, there'll come a time when Take That will be mentioned, and no-one will have heard of them either !:grin:

Well I already own a pair of these and I have ordered another. You may all take the mickey but when you are short like me, this length is ideal. Normal crops are too long. I wore mine the other day and my friend complimented me on how nice they looked. I find them very comfortable and they hold you in well. If you look at the reviews most people agree with me. I appreciate that they are not everyone's cup of tea but there are a lot of people that like them. Just spare a thought for short people who have trouble with the length of trousers.

We all like different length trousers whatever our height. Some of us may be tall, but have short legs and a long body, and vice versa. I'm 5'7 and hate the bootleg length and style which are really popular. Most trousers/jeans are 30" but I prefer to wear straight legged ankle skimmers around 28" with ballet flats - always have. I have never been a boot owning girl, while others live in them.

I bought some longer capri's from Bon Marche earlier this year, great for summer and far cheaper than Q !

I have no sympathy for shorties. At least you can cut some of the length off, I cannot conjur up extra length!

I have no sympathy for shorties. At least you can cut some of the length off, I cannot conjur up extra length!

Bit harsh. There are dressmaking hazards in both directions, but if you are needle-minded you could add, say, a contrast border to add the length required.

If only it were that simple! Unfortunately for Petites, trimming a bit off the bottom doesn't resolve the problem.

So true at any height.

Petite sizes are made to be proportionally shorter - that means from shoulder to bust, bust to waist, waist to hips, hips to knees etc. It's therefore much harder than you would imagine to make the adjustments and retain the original look and feel of the garment. If you don't mind the shorter overall length, for dresses, a short-bodied taller person has a better chance of getting away with a petite size than most petite people would have with the standard lengths (only the longer-bodied petites would have any luck, and would still struggle with the trousers). Also, most trousers are cut to have a particular shape and fall from a given point in the trouser-length - especially boot cut, although it's also true of some other shapes, as I've found with wider-leg trousers which I've had shortened. If I could wear high heels all the time, I wouldn't shorten trousers as the drape seems to go wrong when you shorten them.

Now you're probably thinking I'm a petite myself, but actually I'm not. I'm 5'8" but short-waisted. I'm usually caught between two stools - the petites are better for me shoulder to waist, but once I get beyond the waist I then have the opposite problem and a standard length trouser is too short, but a long trouser is too long.

Let's face it, the only way to really get clothes that you know are going to fit you is to make your own, or get someone to make them for you to your own measurements.

I now regret the resentment and embarrassment I sometimes felt as a child wearing the clothes my gran made for me. She made all my mum's clothes for her growing up (bar the school uniform) - all through WW2 as well when cloth was harder to come by. My clothes always fit me, and I got to choose the fabric and have something unique. We're always in such a hurry to fit in as kids and not stand out, but actually, I never had to consider if someone might be wearing the same as me. I'm totally unhandy with a needle and thread despite my gran's best efforts, so I always have to compromise with shop-bought clothes where the proportions on either the top half or the bottom half are not quite right.

Latest posts

Back