qvc postage cost

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As we on this forum know, a big reason for the extortionate P&P costs is to minimise refunds. By charging £27 plus £5.95 for an item as they do, instead of £30 plus £2.95, we still pay £32.95 but they will save 10% if we return it as they only refund the £27. I know all of us on here worked this out on day one but others probably haven't and Q take advantage of that.

As we on this forum know, a big reason for the extortionate P&P costs is to minimise refunds. By charging £27 plus £5.95 for an item as they do, instead of £30 plus £2.95, we still pay £32.95 but they will save 10% if we return it as they only refund the £27. I know all of us on here worked this out on day one but others probably haven't and Q take advantage of that.
Unless of course you return under the distance selling regs within 14 days..

Oh my lord, I never thought of it like that (I'm one of the 'others') - true that you can get the postage back if you return it in time, but really a very good point!

Unless of course you return under the distance selling regs within 14 days..

Actually, I forget that, I must admit. I have hardly returned anything to Q because I've not really bought much sized, for example. I read about the DSR thing (or whatever it's called now) on here and would definitely have used it if I met the criteria.

Oh my lord, I never thought of it like that (I'm one of the 'others') - true that you can get the postage back if you return it in time, but really a very good point!

Yes, when you realise, you are usually that bit more cautious. I am sure a lot of QVC addicts don't consider the P&P at all, mainly because in the shows the presenters only talk about the item price - the most irritating thing for me is when they say "You can get this home for under £20" when the item is £19.99 plus £4.95 P&P. As far as I'm concerned, that's a blatant lie and they should get pulled up on it.

the most irritating thing for me is when they say "You can get this home for under £20" when the item is £19.99 plus £4.95 P&P. As far as I'm concerned, that's a blatant lie and they should get pulled up on it.

Or when they say that and conveniently "forget" to mention that it's only the first easy pay!

Sometimes they'll say "get this home for just £9.99" and the p&p will be £4.95 (or higher) that's a massive 50% of what the first easy pay is.

Latest posts

Back