QVC US Beauty Award Winners 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Thought it would be interesting to see who won compared to the usual UK version.

2013 Customer Choice Award Winners

Best Shampoo:
WEN by Chaz Dean Cleansing Conditioner

Best Conditioner:
Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Conditioner

Best Hair Treatment:
WEN by Chaz Dean Re-Moist Hydrating Mask

Best Volumizing Styling Product:
Nick Chavez Soft Flocker

Best Smoothing Styling Product:
WEN by Chaz Dean Glossing Serum

Best Hairspray:
Nick Chavez Thirst Quencher Hairspray

Best Hair Tool:
T3 Featherweight 2 Hair Dryer

Best Skin-Care Cleanser:
philosophy purity made simple

Best Exfoliator:
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate

Best Peel:
philosophy microdelivery vitamin c peel

Best Face Moisturizer:
philosophy hope in a jar

Best Eye Cream:
tarte C-Brighter Maracuja Anti-Aging Eye Treatment

Best Neck Treatment/Cream:
bareMinerals® Skincare Extra Firming Neck Cream

Best Antiaging Treatment:
Dr. Denese HydroShield Face Serum

Best Retinol:
Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM Serum

Best Night Treatment:
philosophy hope in a jar night

Best Body Cleanser:
philosophy 3-in-1 shampoo, bath & shower gel

Best Lotion:
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Body Butter

Best Hand Cream:
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

Best Beauty Device:
Clarisonic Sonic Cleansing System

Best Body Beauty Device:
Emjoi Micro-Pedi

Best Self-Tanner:
St. Tropez Self-Tan Mousse

Best Face Bronzer:
Laura Geller Bronze-N-Brighten

Best Primer:
Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer

Best Foundation:
IT Cosmetics Anti-Aging Celebration Foundation

Best Concealer:
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye

Best Finishing Product:
Mally Poreless Face Defender

Best Blush:
Laura Geller Baked Blush-N-Brighten

Best Lip Product:
Mally High Shine Liquid Lipstick Pen

Best Eye Shadow:
Mally Ever Color Shadow Sticks

Best Eyeliner:
Mally Waterproof Eyeliner

Best Mascara:
Mally Volumizing Mascara

Best Brow:
IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil

Best Beauty Oil:
Josie Maran Argan Oil

Best Nail-Care Brand:
Perfect Formula

Best Fragrance:
philosophy amazing grace spray fragrance

I guess there "Awards" were a farce like the ones over here , Only certain brands being entered into each category. Don't know why the bother tbh.

Nick Chavez was a hoot, we caught a glimpse of that vertical hair moment with Ali Young in the QVC birthday montage. He'd compete with Yankee Hair Boy for flowing locks!

Another Akimbo stockpile confession: I have one and a half bottles of Chavez Cello-Gloss - marvellous stuff which I ration and only use for special occasions!

I like Philosophy fragrance but I cant see how it would win best fragrance , the fragrance lasts less than an hr on me , the competition must have been very weak.

Philosophy fragrance is over rated I can only smell it for 5 minutes,any I have has been used to spray round the room to get rid of it.
Lynn :witchbroom:

I am bewildered at the Philosophy Hope in a Jar as it does nothing for dry skin such as mine and my skin is tight again in under an hour. I always wonder on what criteria QVC base the list on which customers can vote? The same is true of the UK list - what decided that? Sales only? If so, then some good products are getting missed out on.

In the UK it's Alison Young and the beauty buyers who shortlist the products for customers to vote for I'm sure it was mentioned on air one year. Now what criteria they use to narrow down the list from all the eligible products is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be so cynical as to suggests they get back-handers but I'd prefer a wider list in each category so there's more input from the voters than the buyers. Most years I don't vote because the products I'd vote for aren't nominated.

I know I read on the QVC US community board before complaints about the list they had to chose from. So I will say the best selling brands get a free pass onto the list.

I used to read Allure the US beauty magazine(it got too expensive with too many ad pages so stopped buying), they had their beauty awards every year and the same brands won. They were the ones buying the biggest advertising space usually. Now some of the winners of course were as good as they said. They did two in each category highend and drugstore. Which was good.

How Great Lash always won was a mystery to most beauty forum members as it was regarded as crap. Very few liked it at all.

These "beauty awards" are just an exercising in filling air time and pages in a magazine.

I don't hold any stock by them at all, because even the most gullible of us can see that its what the beauty companies (and there are only about 3 or 4 - Proctor & Gamble being a biggy - who are responsible for making all the brands) can offer the beauty editors in the way of freebies that dictate which product gets air or press coverage.

Naturally American products will take the lions share because QVC are an American company.

Latest posts

Back