QVC's Weekend.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
With due respect to those who might like it, am I the only one who is dreading the weekend programming ahead? I've barely gotten into my summer wardrobe and I certainly don't want to be thinking about *takes a deep breath* Christmas! And then, to round it out nicely, there's another technology TSV. At least I don't need to waste money on sleeping pills. I don't even like the advertisement for it - "get it all done now for when the time comes..." Sounds like a commercial for pre-paid funeral plans. I'd rather just enjoy today and think about Christmas when it's a bit closer, to make it happy time and not a six month long nightmare.

I like christmas in july - but rarely buy anything.I tend to find its the same old stock rolled out year after year (nothing new there,then QVC,eh?!)

As for all the technology TSV's - well its enough to make anyone slit their wrists,isn't it?!!!!

(sorry technology fans!)

Someone on here wrote recently that it seems as though technology has taken over from gardening tsv's - and I think thats true.Was it lst weekend that both sat and sun were tech tsv's? Will it ever end??!!

What are the odds of them selling:

A Lissi Doll with coordinating collection of babygros
Mr Christmas' painted baubles
magic coloured pens and a pad of black paper
set of pens made from tree trunks
a whizzy helicopter-type toy that they let fly up into the studio gantry.
Kanban Christmas card toppers, red and green cards, gold mirri board. The presneters will wear red pullies embellished with glittery holly leaves
pink fairy lights embellished with pink feathers, to festoon around your princess' bed

I actually have all my christmas shopping done in L'Occitane's sale at the beginning of the month.

Refuse to watch the decorations etc so will avoid QVC this weekend, mine that is not hard these days.

I refuse to watch. It's sunny out there and beautiful. There's not a cat in hell's chance I'm watching anything trying to flog me Christmas tat in JULY. For me Christmas on QVC starts when they start to sell things in October that you can still send back until the end of Jan.

It also looks like we are going to have a "get gorgeous" (for Autumn???) weekend on the
7th and 8th of August. On Satuday it's Laura Geller (nice) Suarti (not interested), pilates, premier tanzanite and a bit of dimoneeek. On Sunday it's Lulu Guinness (over-priced tat), Nina Leonard, Story Book nits (don't know the range), footwear and Bob Mackie.
A polyesterfest!!
I hope that we all have better things to do!

:flower:

I actually have all my christmas shopping done in L'Occitane's sale at the beginning of the month.

Refuse to watch the decorations etc so will avoid QVC this weekend, mine that is not hard these days.

Wow Donna, you are a good girl.. At least you won't have to worry nearer Christmas.. I bought from the L'Occitane sale too, but for myself, lol.. Oh dear..

With due respect to those who might like it, am I the only one who is dreading the weekend programming ahead? I've barely gotten into my summer wardrobe and I certainly don't want to be thinking about *takes a deep breath* Christmas!

Couldn't agree more! As my birthday's on Sunday I won't be watching anyway - but I'm a summer baby, you know Pimms on the lawn, not mulled-wine by a roaring fire... oosh

i won't be watching but i am one of those who shop early saves you rushing around like a mad person and just makes the dreaded festive season more enjoyable

I refuse to watch. It's sunny out there and beautiful. There's not a cat in hell's chance I'm watching anything trying to flog me Christmas tat in JULY. For me Christmas on QVC starts when they start to sell things in October that you can still send back until the end of Jan.

same here Lou Lou, appreciate people with big families need to start budgeting and buying early, but I think anything Christmas specific on QVC, in the shops, on TV etc should be banned until November!

I shop early but that is due to finding Christmas so stressful and also to avoid all the seasonal tat that floods the shops ( and of course dear old QVC) from Oct onwards. Also means I have time to get thoughtful gifts (hopefully!) and it is kinder to my budget. As for "Christmas in July" I shall be recuperating from a big outdoor concert the day before so doubt I will be watching.

I wouldn't mind all the tech TSV's but 8 out of 10 times it will be either a laptop/netbook or a camera.

It's almost as boring as IW's Snores Of The Day

As for Christmas, just buy a £5 box of charity cards and don't fret. Don't fall for the hype of overdoing it!

1. I like the Christmas shopping rush from mid-Nov (but I only have a small family)
2. I'm going to Florida in mid Nov and will do most of my pressie shopping over there

Latest posts

Back