Remember Russian Diopside ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I should also say that to me a Russian diopside looks like an emerald ought to. I know most emeralds aren't that colour and are still beautiful and expensive but I think I prefer the diopside.

It's a real shame they've pretty much given up selling gold now. They used to have some lovely 'gems' hours - that was what got me hooked on QVC in the first place.

Yes that is what hooked me too - lots and lots of lovely gems. Too many beauty shows for me I am afraid now.

I love green gems, and i really regret not buying some russian diopside when it was on the Q. In gold.

Nowadays they are just plating other metals, because of the prices at the mo.

Yes that is what hooked me too - lots and lots of lovely gems. Too many beauty shows for me I am afraid now.

Me too which is why I rarely watch or buy now. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the variety they used to have which was far far above anything available locally.

The golden days of Q selling quality gems in real gold settings and at a reasonable price are sadly long gone. I have a few gem pieces I bought in the early days and I`m only sorry I didn`t buy more.
I never looked at diopside, Russian or otherwise, because green is a colour I dislike. Now rubies, sapphires, citrine, amethsyst etc I could go for.
Nowadays my jewellery buying is limited to around one piece per year. I`m not really into costume stuff and I tend to buy silver as birthday or Christmas gifts for DIL`s or grand daughters but if I never ever bought another piece again, I`d still have more than enough to last me til my dying day.
We`ve recently returned from Turkey, stayed in a small town and not one of the big touristy places and Turkish jewellers will make you anything you wish for and you start from scratch, choose your own stones, your own design and whichever gold carat you want and the jewellery shop windows were awash with beautiful diamonds and gemstones. Many pieces costing tens of thousands of pounds. A bling paradise !

Me too which is why I rarely watch or buy now. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the variety they used to have which was far far above anything available locally.

Yes me too. I can't remember the last time I bought anything with gems in it from QVC.

The golden days of Q selling quality gems in real gold settings and at a reasonable price are sadly long gone. I have a few gem pieces I bought in the early days and I`m only sorry I didn`t buy more.
I never looked at diopside, Russian or otherwise, because green is a colour I dislike. Now rubies, sapphires, citrine, amethsyst etc I could go for.
Nowadays my jewellery buying is limited to around one piece per year. I`m not really into costume stuff and I tend to buy silver as birthday or Christmas gifts for DIL`s or grand daughters but if I never ever bought another piece again, I`d still have more than enough to last me til my dying day.
We`ve recently returned from Turkey, stayed in a small town and not one of the big touristy places and Turkish jewellers will make you anything you wish for and you start from scratch, choose your own stones, your own design and whichever gold carat you want and the jewellery shop windows were awash with beautiful diamonds and gemstones. Many pieces costing tens of thousands of pounds. A bling paradise !

I've bought a few pieces from Turkey too. Silver is great quality and a good price there. That's where I first saw sandstone in jewellery and loved it. I've got one handmade piece from Turkey. Love buying a piece on holiday as it nice to have that memory.

I buy nearly all of my jewellery on holiday simply because you can get unusual pieces. Unfortunately I usually go to Italy and NOTHING is reasonably priced there!

Anyone liking R diopside might like a stone called Olivine. It comes from the Canary islands and is better than Hebei peridot!

Latest posts

Back