Richard Jackson really is superfluous

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Just tuned in to the QVC Garden featuring Richard Jackson.
So far I've seen the guests perfectly able to present their products without the assistance of RJ. Simon Jackson isn't my cuppa tea, but he's also not showing any sign of being unable to cope with presenting without RJ to sustain him.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but this reinforces my view that RJ really is a glorified guest, and should only be presenting his branded products rather than be present for whole shows - he's adding nothing of value in my opinion.

Oh Gawd, how boring is Saturday morning with Richard Jackson? Does he know the dirt that they have to keep having him on (no gardening pun intended)? Talk about charisma bypass, and usually very overpriced plants, gardening extras, etc. most of which could be bought considerably cheaper elsewhere.

RJ is to well ensconced in QVC for anything to change sadly.

Oh Gawd, how boring is Saturday morning with Richard Jackson? Does he know the dirt that they have to keep having him on (no gardening pun intended)? Talk about charisma bypass, and usually very overpriced plants, gardening extras, etc. most of which could be bought considerably cheaper elsewhere.

Today he was not present for the whole show, if he was even on for any of it before I tuned in, and the show flowed as well or even better without him.

Just tuned in to the QVC Garden featuring Richard Jackson.
So far I've seen the guests perfectly able to present their products without the assistance of RJ. Simon Jackson isn't my cuppa tea, but he's also not showing any sign of being unable to cope with presenting without RJ to sustain him.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but this reinforces my view that RJ really is a glorified guest, and should only be presenting his branded products rather than be present for whole shows - he's adding nothing of value in my opinion.

I have said this many times, he is of no use standing around like a gnome and I cannot see the need for two presenters and a guest on gardening program :thinking:
When he is on and another guest is also on, he has nothing to do, other than stand around...what a great waste of money.
Maybe QVC can use the money wasted and use that on cheaper P&P on garden products.
He is on the QVC presenters list, so if he is, let him present the gardening program , there is no need for another presenter as well!!

Can't agree, but I know I'm probably the only one lol. I always watch the gardening but it's not the same without Richard. If he's not going to be on I suggest having someone more interesting than Simon Biagi who really is a bit boring. Didn't even watch all the show today, which isn't like me - I went and planted out some marigolds instead :flower:

CC

Can't agree, but I know I'm probably the only one lol. I always watch the gardening but it's not the same without Richard. If he's not going to be on I suggest having someone more interesting than Simon Biagi who really is a bit boring. Didn't even watch all the show today, which isn't like me - I went and planted out some marigolds instead :flower:

CC

It would be a shame if we all agreed :nod:

My point is that he's either a guest or a presenter, not both - at present he really falls between two stools. I agree with you about Simon Biagi is one of my least favourite presenters - once he starts bellowing as if we're all hard of hearing, the off button tends to get clicked sharpish. I only kept it on this morning because I was fascinated to see what a RJ-less garden show was like.

I quite liked Matthew Binks - but when was the last time we saw him? Or Charlie Dimmock who was on QVC for a short-lived period. But if all the other shows can cope with either 1 presenter, so should the gardening shows. Multiple guests of course, where appropriate, is fine (the Lunchtime show is not, imo, appropriate).

Planting marigolds is what you should be doing this time of year if you've got the weather rather than holed up watching a gardening show anyway...

Funnily enough been planting pot marigolds myself to day, as for Charlie Dimmock cant see her being on again given how RJ has been slagging off the product she is advertising on tv at the moment she would sort him out no problem given her shows with Alan Titchmarsh and the big builder guy.

I don't trust anything this creepy littl man says because the first and only plants I Purchased died when they were planted

I've have no time at all for this man. In my view, he's the most disingenuous presenter on tv. Having naively been caught out by his claims in the past, I will never believe a single word he says.

I have found RJ's products no better than the local gardens centres, the bonus with the garden centre is they are alot less money and no P&P :)

Whenever I've watched him (no more than 10 minutes at a time) its Groundhog Day ! whatever the plant/flower/bulb/bush he utters the same spiel which is invariably accompanied by an outside coloured photograph - and then he's at Wimbledon, head going from left to right and back again between another guest and the presenter, with him butting in when he can. Its painful ! AND THOSE ****** CHECK SHIRTS AND 'DAD' JEANS, even more painful !

Latest posts

Back