Richard Jackson "Ultimate Suet Balls"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catzrcool

Registered Shopper
Well, what a price. I buy the exact same things from Home Bargains and the are £1.89 for a pack of 10. So for 50 I would be £9.45. You can buy them just in packs of 10, or a case of 100 for £18.90.

QVC's price for 50 is £15.95 + £5.95 postage.

Just too ridiculous for words. I have to say the birds do love them.

Don't know why the link is saying £14.90 as it is £18.90.

WILKO are superb for bird food. I am not a lover of mixed seeds far too much waste. My feathered friends will throw away any seeds they dont like leaving a mess for god knows who to come and eat. So I buy WILKO Sunflower Hearts. Clean, no husks, whole sunflower seeds not broken bits. Excellent VFM. WILKO's do Fat Balls that QVC sell for a ridiculous price with the nuts and whole sunflower seeds for a good price.

Not tried RJ's fatballs for the birds but I have to say all fatballs are not the same. I had some bargain ones that were hard as canon balls and the birds didn't go near them. I think even the rats left them alone!! Then I had some of the more soft, full of seed ones - might have been grumpy gardener and they were gone in half an hour. To be fair, once the starlings caught sight of them they could have been gone in 10 minutes, however the starlings didn't eat the hard ones, they went in the bin so false economy.

CC

Not tried RJ's fatballs for the birds but I have to say all fatballs are not the same. I had some bargain ones that were hard as canon balls and the birds didn't go near them. I think even the rats left them alone!! Then I had some of the more soft, full of seed ones - might have been grumpy gardener and they were gone in half an hour. To be fair, once the starlings caught sight of them they could have been gone in 10 minutes, however the starlings didn't eat the hard ones, they went in the bin so false economy.

CC
I have to agree the birds in our garden will only eat the deluxe version 😊

No I will just see how it goes. lol I could do it but I just cant be bothered. I could see if it makes a difference with my flowering shrubs in the border. Take pics first with miracle gro then start using RJ for a year and see if the shrubs and climber are far better. I doubt it will make a difference tbh. My plants are usually good performers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back