RIP Julia's flip flops!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia's toe post sandals

No it wasn't on here but if you google Julia Roberts under one of the headers there are some sad people making harsh comments about her and commenting about the toe post sandals she used to wear. I must admit they did become almost like her signature shoes but for me they were all part of her charm.

I must say though I cannot criticise the snide bitches too harshly because I have an irrational antipathy for Gill Franks. I have only begun watching QVC more regularly again recently and was very pleasantly surprised to see lots of the great presenters still with them from years ago (Julia, Alison Young, Pippa, Clare, Anne Dawson and so sad to see Alison Keenan's plight but happy to see her recovering) but then Gill Franks has popped up this morning and is driving me nuts with her attention seeking cough. It sounds as if she has a cold, granted, but boy is she overdoing it. I remember her having an annoying unnecessary cough anyway or if not coughing unnecessarily she would take enormously deep noisy breaths. She is annoying enough to make me turn off the channel. I try to be a non judgemental person but she really gets me goat. Am I alone? :angry:

Well I'm devastated! We'll just have to hope that somehow this forum manages to sustain itself now that it's main topic is no more
sad-1.gif

There are still the jeggings, oops I meant skinny jeans, unless they have gone too.

Sorry ladies but she was sporting the said toe posts and leggings yesterday afternoon...she was just trying to get you all excited in thinking they'd gone for good.

No it wasn't on here but if you google Julia Roberts under one of the headers there are some sad people making harsh comments about her and commenting about the toe post sandals she used to wear. I must admit they did become almost like her signature shoes but for me they were all part of her charm.

I must say though I cannot criticise the snide bitches too harshly because I have an irrational antipathy for Gill Franks. I have only begun watching QVC more regularly again recently and was very pleasantly surprised to see lots of the great presenters still with them from years ago (Julia, Alison Young, Pippa, Clare, Anne Dawson and so sad to see Alison Keenan's plight but happy to see her recovering) but then Gill Franks has popped up this morning and is driving me nuts with her attention seeking cough. It sounds as if she has a cold, granted, but boy is she overdoing it. I remember her having an annoying unnecessary cough anyway or if not coughing unnecessarily she would take enormously deep noisy breaths. She is annoying enough to make me turn off the channel. I try to be a non judgemental person but she really gets me goat. Am I alone? :angry:

You really haven't been reading very much on here, have you.....?? :wink::grin:

I think you'll find that it was on here.

I have warmed to Julia of late. To be honest I don't care what they wear (within reason). One thing i will say about her is that i never feel she ruins a show for me to make me switch over. These days there are only a few shows I really want to see - Nails Inc, Bobbie Brown, and if Jill Franks or Charlie are presenting, off they go. I know it probably saves me money, but thats not the point. Jill Franks was on Mally this morning and one of the first things I heard her say was her gushing endorsement of the eyeliners. This was almost word for word the exact same speil I previously heard to say to Paul from Bobbi Brown. The only one she uses, never used to wear eyeliner until she found this one blah blah. The other presenters do not say they use everything. Julia is far more professional in my opinion.

Off to hide behind the couch!!

You need to be smart to tell fibs, or have a good memory. Neither applies to JF.

Jude xx

Sorry ladies but she was sporting the said toe posts and leggings yesterday afternoon...she was just trying to get you all excited in thinking they'd gone for good.

Phew, what a relief! I'll sleep easier tonight now that I know normal service has been resumed.

Well, they didn't stay at the back of the wardrobe for very long did they? Bet they caused a right stink in trying to get out..........:cheeky:

Latest posts

Back