Silly me!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I was just browsing Ebay looking for a cheapo set of assorted gift bags and tags, as I was unable to find any really cheap deals in town today..ranging between 70p for the teeny tiny ones to about £3 for the huge ones, I figured out it could work out quite expensive. Didn't find anything suitable online either and had pretty much resigned myself to battling with acres of cheap wrapping paper and sellotape..anyway a joblot of lipsticks caught my eye, especially when I noticed among them a shade I really love and haven't been able to get hold for yonks. There was numerous bids and the high bid was £20. I had a quick think and thought ...Ok some people spend £20+ on just one lipstick...sod it, I'll put in a bid, I popped in a bid for £21 and I hey presto I was the highest bidder - after a quick look at the description, I noticed that it said that these were only a representative sample so I thought oh crap I might not even get the shade I want, bugger - wish I hadn't done that. Anyway to make matters worse I noticed that the auction had a mere 2 minutes left on it ( when does that ever happen?) Then all of a sudden a message flashed up...you are no longer highest bidder (phew) would you like to increase your bid to £22? No I flaming don't, well that's what I thought I'd pressed. Evidently I had said yes ..so now 100, yes 100 lipsticks will be arriving on my doorstep by Wednesday, setting me back £27 as I failed to notice he wanted a fiver in p&p d'oh! Hey,I might need even more blinking gift bags now. Only me eh?!

They're here! And you've guessed it - Not a single solitary stick of the shade I was hoping to get, even though the picture showed the bundle containing at least six of them, there was also another shade in the bundle I liked the look of - Not there! On the bright side there's quite a few of a bright orange shade that my mate would love, and I haven't got her anything for xmas yet, so that's sorted, and the black one turned out to be a lovely deep shade of mulberry. I shall wear some of the shades, but i'm pretty disappointed and have learned my lesson the hard way!

I would check out the sold prices for individual ones, or duos/trios & if genuine, consider selling them on! (Check out the full list of 'completed' sales though too, not just the 'sold' ones to see if they do usually sell ok!)
As many people are put off by large job lots as are attracted to them & they often don't go for a particularly high price, compared to individual items, so could be well worth selling them!

:nod:

Latest posts

Back