Smashbox - same old same old? And greetings from Australia!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
Hi all,

Not been on here for ages as I've now moved to Australia and have been spending the last two months getting set up in Sydney with a job, somewhere to live etc! But I'm getting on track now and wanted to pop in and say hello :wave:

Was just having a look on the QVC website as I'll still be ordering occasionally and getting stuff sent to my poor suffering sister in Ireland to forward to me - it'll really need to be a good deal though as I'll now be adding on TWO lots of expensive postage! Smashbox - one of my faves - has appeared in a department store here but only a very basic range so nothing to get excited about. I had a look on the webshite, there's nothing new since I checked last before I left in July! Does anyone else reckon that Smashbox's days in the UK are numbered? (again!). I used to check the section in Debenhams and it took them SO long to get anything new in, usually QVC would get there first but it seems like an age since they had anything new or exciting either.

Anything else I should know about? Have i missed anything interesting/scandalous? In a bizarre way i do miss QVC but I'll take the bright sunny days over it anyday. Might see if i can watch online for a bit haha!

Tx

Complaints on QVC community board in the US. Now somone replied Estee Lauder is rebranding Smashbox, so loads of products have been discontinued and others getting repackaged. Take a look at the Smashbox website to see, everyone hates the new site. The last TSV in the US they had 3 shows the whole day because of lack of stock of the standard Smashbox products. Believe it or not they are getting another Smashbox TSV next month again!!!

I am wondering if the TSV we are getting in November will be the August US TSV or the one they are getting in October. I noticed in the August TSV a blush palette which we have as an individual item already on sale for a while here.

I am wondering if we will actually get the new Smashbox BB which is exclusive to QVC?

¡ʇpǝɹ ıɥ

I was just thinking QVC may be running smashbox into the ground! Such a dull uninspiring range of products on the QVC site!

Jude xx

¡ʇpǝɹ ıɥ

I was just thinking QVC may be running smashbox into the ground! Such a dull uninspiring range of products on the QVC site!

Jude xx

That'll be not just on the Smashbox front then. :bandit:

:sleepy:

Smashbox products are way inferior to what they were a few years ago,a lot of their products are now made in China,thats why I do not buy anymore,can pick up same type of things in Superdrug,I do wish QVC would inform us on the website where products are made.
Lynn:wonder:

It tends to be the stuff made especially for TSVs which are made in China. The brand is so expensive here now compared to the US. Their eyeshadow palettes are the same price as Bobbi Brown. The Softbox palette so many complaints about the texture and quality of the eyeshadows. They(Estee Lauder), did the same to Stila, ran it into the ground and they sold on. Stila where a brilliant brand wonderful eyeshadows and blushes then EL bought and turned out collection after collection every few months and the eyeshadows you just touched with a brush and hit the pan!!!! I still have older Stila powder stuff and its still going strong. Even the stuff out now from Stila is nowhere near the quality of old.

I agree the quality of Smashbox products has really gone downhill lately. I don't buy any products now - some of the old ones I am using up are lovely. But I have a drawer full of new stuff which is rubbish and never gets used.

It is such a shame as the products were lovely before.

Anyone know if Nina has gone for good? Not so fussed on Allison (??) and her rehersed lines!

I was wondering about Nina too Nikkid. Not keen on Allison or whatever her name is.

Are Estee Lauder taking over the world? They seem to be buying up a lot of other, smaller cosmetic companies and then closing them down or cheapening the ingedients or manufacturing processes. They are turning into the Tesco of the cosmetic world!!

Hi RedT :wave:

Good to see you posting again. Hope you're nicely settled in Oz and not too home sick. You haven't missed much at all. Nothing worth watching , no bargains.

EL buy the small brands up, and then close down the brands they feel threaten the EL brand demographic. Its about getting rid of the competition. They are as bad as L'Oreal.

Hi again everyone and thanks for the good wishes!

I'm glad it's not just me then. I totally fell for Smashbox hook line and sinker when they first appeared on QVC. The products were SO good and the value of the TSV's used to be ridiculous! You'd get at least two full sized brushes in each kit and the makeup just went on and on and on. I haven't bought anything from them in a good while and what i do buy i'm usually disappointed in...or I'd go and swatch stuff in Debenhams first to see what the quality was like, before you could just buy and know it would be awesome quality. Such a shame, I do think El are ruining many brands and running them into the ground. Do they really want us to be left only with EL??

Tx

Latest posts

Back