TSV Strawberry plants

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
Did anyone that ordered the two tier TSV strawberry plants have any success with theirs? I lost 5 of them quite quickly, despite doing exactly what I was supposed to do and I've checked today and out of 14 I now have the grand total of 6 left!! Whooppeee doooo!! I did get my money back after complaining though, so if yours are duff too, contact QVC and claim your refund. I really must learn my lesson now and stop buying plants from them!!

You could get a few extra plants by pegging down some of the runners that they'll produce later in the summer.

Can't help with the QVC ones but I got two strawberry plants from Focus last year for a fiver. Kept them in pots at first (only got 1 or 2 strawberries) but then put them in our garden (approx 1 acre which had pigs and cattle on a couple of years ago) and now we have about 50 plants all producing lovely fruit. I picked the first punnet yesterday. We never got round to cutting the runners, they just rotted off. So hopefully we will have twice as many next year. (If the ruddy pheasants don't get them first) So the moral is just go to the local Focus (if they haven't closed) and avoid QVC

I bought 3 plants and put them into a grow bag as advised by my local plant supplier about 5 years ago. Each year I pot a couple of runners into small pots by the side then plant another grow bag up with them when they get big enough. I now have 6 grow bags in the bottom of my greenhouse and get loads of strawberries. No fuss and cheap - just for the price of a growbag.

Thanks, novice to strawbs, how do I peg down runners? Cheers. :blush:

When you see the runners 'crawling' out - it you want them in a separate pot - just take a pot of compost and use a bit of bent garden wire or similar and peg the 'rooty' bit onto the top. It will soon take root into the pot and start growing all on its own. When it is established you can just cut its umbilical cord!

Hopefully someone will come with a more technical explanation!

When you see the runners 'crawling' out - it you want them in a separate pot - just take a pot of compost and use a bit of bent garden wire or similar and peg the 'rooty' bit onto the top. It will soon take root into the pot and start growing all on its own. When it is established you can just cut its umbilical cord!

Hopefully someone will come with a more technical explanation!

Got ya, merci. :happy:

Latest posts

Back