Ugly babies!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Right, being a facebooker...I've seen a spate of "trolls" "baby shaming" celebs for their "ugly" babies! Everybody's up in arms because a baby's a blessing right? All babies are beautiful right? If you've not got something nice to say..dont say it, right? On the first point - 100% agreed, the second point ...sorry, but no, they're not! and thirdly I don't normally agree with this, but when somebody's offspring is concerned, I do - It's better unsaid for all concerned, it's an unwritten rule! Put your babies pics out there for all and sundry to see and watch the genuinely lovely comments, the sycophantic comments and the downright unpleasant, derogatory comments pour in. Then before you know it, the trolls have been slated = Omg shaming a baby! Sorry folks but this gonna happen - The internet is like that - I'm not condoning this, but it's really not worthy of comment, everybody is an easy target for these people, babies included. Not worth getting upset about. I've seen a lot of people commenting... Celebs, If you don't want to hear derogatory comments..then don't post your pictures, don't agree with that...people are interested and want to see them. Thankfully most people will exercise the respect you'd have for somebody you know in person - but surely celebs know the internet and how it works..anonymous cowards hiding behind their keyboards...totally not worth rising to these rude people - Ignore them - The more outraged people get the more it will happen!

You can have 1,000s of lovely comments, but the one negative one is the one you take to heart.
Some people get a kick out of aiming horrible comments at others, securely hidden behind their keyboards.
To me, on social media you should ask yourself if you would say the same to the person's face in a face to face real life situation... if the answer is that you would say something hateful, look at yourself and ask yourself why you want to say hurtful things to someone who hasn't done anything to provoke you.
Not all babies are beautiful to all people's idea of beauty; but all babies are beautifully innocent, before their parents or other adult caregivers get a chance to spoil it.
I think people who continue to post on social media despite hateful comments are made of though stuff...but I would suggest that maybe parents take a moment to consider a child reading those comments about their baby selves when they are older.

I can't understand why people post photos of their children or give away personal security information on social media, if you use it as a way of communicating with those you know well & trust then keep your accounts private. My cousin has two daughters, both post stunning photos of their homes & children on Instagram; you wouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to piece together the glimpses of their front doors, house numbers & school uniforms & work out who & where. As far as responding to criticism from the nameless & faceless of how your new born looks, why bother? You love him or her, baby's faces change every day & life being life those who look gorgeous when little often lose their looks whereas the less attractive ones frequently blossom. Looking at the baby photos of our daughters we had one who could have been mistaken for a native American who had been in a fight & one who resembled a tomato, to my besotted eyes they were the most beautiful babies in the world.

I can't understand why people post photos of their children or give away personal security information on social media, if you use it as a way of communicating with those you know well & trust then keep your accounts private. My cousin has two daughters, both post stunning photos of their homes & children on Instagram; you wouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to piece together the glimpses of their front doors, house numbers & school uniforms & work out who & where. As far as responding to criticism from the nameless & faceless of how your new born looks, why bother? You love him or her, baby's faces change every day & life being life those who look gorgeous when little often lose their looks whereas the less attractive ones frequently blossom. Looking at the baby photos of our daughters we had one who could have been mistaken for a native American who had been in a fight & one who resembled a tomato, to my besotted eyes they were the most beautiful babies in the world.
Hear Hear! And I totally agree with MML about making hurtful comments that you wouldn't say to somebody's face. Trouble is, life on line, is not real life, and for whatever reason, whether it's to say what you actually think and feel without any real consequences, or just to cause shock or upset for the sake of it - Yet as soon as "trolling" involves innocent babies, the shock and horror goes into over drive and probably gives the perpetrator an even bigger thrill. I dunno? Social media has a lot to answer for!

I feel bad saying this, but some years ago, a work colleague left to have a baby, and on the day baby arrived, she posted a picture on FB. I looked and the first thing I thought was OMG that is one ugly baby. She was massive and literally filled up the entire plastic cot, her face looked a boxer who'd come off worse in an a fight and she was an angry red colour, topped off with what looked like a plastered down black wig, complete with centre parting! I paused, I looked at the comments other people had made, and along with the congratulations, literally everybody had used the word beautiful - but I just couldn't!!!!! I wanted to congratulate her, but somehow thought that the omission of the word beautiful would betray what I really thought! Eventually I settled upon "Congratulations Jo & Mark!", added a few heart emojis and a couple of kisses and felt quite accomplished! Had they been a celebrity couple, then I dread to think what horrible comments would've awaited them. I think you need to be a lot more thick skinned if you're in the public eye, which can't be easy because they're people with feelings like everybody else - As I'm typing this Jesy from little mix comes to mind, and the crap that she had to deal with! I think there's far too much emphasis these days upon looks, in some ways, the industry has come on in leaps and bounds, models are all different shapes and sizes, disabilities and "imperfections" are no longer taboo subjects we're told to "be you" and be "proud" - Yet social media has boiled all this progress down into a need to get affirmation of one's beauty with all it's images of pouting selfies, enhanced lips, filters and veneers - It's very sad - and no, babies aren't exempt either.
Anyway, a few weeks later Jo brought baby into work to meet us, and you really couldn't have seen such a dainty, pretty little thing..and of course I commented upon how pretty she was....like you do lol!

I make it a rule never to say anything behind someone’s back or on line that I wouldn’t say directly to someone’s face, I would relish the chance to tell QVC presenters that look, people aren’t stupid and don’t buy the lies, I’d love to tell Queen Julia please wear the right size and Chuntley that you can get better value elsewhere, oh and I draw the line at babies, I do think they’re all beautiful, how can anything so innocent not be, but in a world full of dirty b******s who’d love nothing more than to do them harm, why put your child’s face out there in the first place to be ogled at by strangers, now that I’ll never understand.

Anyway my amazing Forum bunnies, I mean buddies, have a lovely Easter and hope it’s a peaceful, healthy, happy and safe one. 🙏❤️ xx

I make it a rule never to say anything behind someone’s back or on line that I wouldn’t say directly to someone’s face, I would relish the chance to tell QVC presenters that look, people aren’t stupid and don’t buy the lies, I’d love to tell Queen Julia please wear the right size and Chuntley that you can get better value elsewhere, oh and I draw the line at babies, I do think they’re all beautiful, how can anything so innocent not be, but in a world full of dirty b******s who’d love nothing more than to do them harm, why put your child’s face out there in the first place to be ogled at by strangers, now that I’ll never understand.

Anyway my amazing Forum bunnies, I mean buddies, have a lovely Easter and hope it’s a peaceful, healthy, happy and safe one. 🙏❤️ xx
Absolutely & a good Easter weekend to everyone on here & those they love 🐣🐰🌼

I see photos of babies who aren’t going to win any beauty prizes at that minute in time, however I also know that in the coming weeks their appearance will change daily.

No matter how big a d head I find their parents an innocent baby doesn’t deserve a negative comment.

Lots of unpreposessing children grow into their best looks as they get older. Some go the other way... but at the end of the day we are more than how we look. A good personality, kindness, respect for others, a sense of fun all beat having the best looking features.
So many times my initial impressions of someone change on deeper acquaintance. Once I witness someone's inner ugliness, it's stamped on their outer wrapper for me. Someone who is more ordinary or even plain can become beautiful because of the character within.
We all age, and eventually get the face we've earned. Sure we can try to cheat with plastic surgery, but the truth will out.

Lots of unpreposessing children grow into their best looks as they get older. Some go the other way... but at the end of the day we are more than how we look. A good personality, kindness, respect for others, a sense of fun all beat having the best looking features.
So many times my initial impressions of someone change on deeper acquaintance. Once I witness someone's inner ugliness, it's stamped on their outer wrapper for me. Someone who is more ordinary or even plain can become beautiful because of the character within.
We all age, and eventually get the face we've earned. Sure we can try to cheat with plastic surgery, but the truth will out.
Wonderful words MML.

Even physical beauty can change. Often those with baby face beauty end up looking like a 60 year old baby (Paul Mcc, Goldie H, most modern actresses) whereas those who were not conventionally pretty can develop a unique look (Ringo, Lauren Becal, Katherine Hepburn etc) which ages very well.

Even physical beauty can change. Often those with baby face beauty end up looking like a 60 year old baby (Paul Mcc, Goldie H, most modern actresses) whereas those who were not conventionally pretty can develop a unique look (Ringo, Lauren Becal, Katherine Hepburn etc) which ages very well.
My sister & I talk about this quite a lot & put it down to bone structure. When the first two Avengers girls died last year we said how Honor Blackman looked stunning throughout her life whereas Diana Rigg didn't, even though she was very attractive when young. Little sis said she's really disappointed that Daniel Craig now looks like Sid James.

When my oldest brother married he was just 19 and I was 9. He and his wife rented a house but it was way out in the sticks and they didn`t have a car and relied on buses to get about. When his wife fell pregnant a couple of years later, they came to live with my parents near the end of the pregnancy and until the baby was born. Dad had a car and we were much nearer the maternity hospital.
I remember the day his daughter was born and it was before the time when Dads were allowed in the delivery room. He arrived back at my parents and my Mum asked him was he ok and how were the baby and my sister in law? He looked a bit down in the dumps and declared they were both fine but he was disappointed because the baby was ugly. My Mum gave him a verbal slapping and told him that babies often had to "grow into their faces " and to never call his daughter ugly again.
The day after I went with my parents to visit the new baby and I remember getting a crack off my Mum when I declared that yep our John was right and the baby really was ugly ! Out of the mouths of babes and all that .....
My sister in law had a forceps delivery and the baby was bruised and was born with very long arms and scrawny legs but as a child I didn`t realise any of that and obviously neither did my brother. Fast forward a few years and she developed into a beautiful child and she`s now 55 and a beautiful woman so I guess Mum was right all along and babies really do have to grow into their faces.

Last edited:
There is a well known man who looks much better now that he is older than when he was younger, but I just can't remember who he is.

Any suggestions?

Dale?......no! Charlie?.....no! Me-Hall?......no! Gosh, this is difficult, I don’t know Strato what’s the first letter? 🤷‍♀️

A friend, one of her grandsons was a very weird looking baby. I swear he looked like Winston Churchill, he also has thick lips. I just said nothing. He did over the years grow into his looks now at 11 quite ordinary looking.

Latest posts

Back