Ultrasun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Capirossi

Guest Shopper
Hi all. I have seen the factor 20 sports formula quite cheap elsewhere, but am not sure if it's the same 'once a day formula'. I can see on the QVC item that it says 'High all-day protection' that I can't see on the bottles from other sites. Has anyone any experience of this formula? Thank you!

I don't think they are allowed to call it once a day formula, or they weren't last year anyway.

The Ultrasun formula hasn't changed so it will be the same one that they sell in QVC and you can pick up a bargain

On QVC they say a 150 ml bottle will last a fmily for a week on holiday this is rubbish you will need a bottle each person per week and the Ultrasun site also states this

I have tried the sports formula and didn't like it, it is very alcohol based as it stinks when you first put it on and I found it very drying on my skin and made it dry and itchy. If you have sensitive skin I would try and find one of the other formulas that are in a cream rather than a gel

Thanks for the info Happy! Have to say, am not liking the sound of it now! It's more for my hubby when he is on his motorbike track days. When he is hanging around the pits in between sessions his head and face is getting burnt all the time as the normal stuff gets sweated off. However, he is such a sensitive little flower :grin:(don't tell him I said that!!) I am now wondering if his skin will react....hmmm. I may bid for one on the bay (£8 at the mo, hoping to grab a bargain!) and see how it goes before paying anymore for it. Thanks again. :sun:

I have been using ultrasun for several years without a problem. I find the spf20 is great - one bottle lasts the two of us for the week. I find it is way better on the skin than the original once a day products (sorry can't remember the name). I haven't had prickly heat since using it and have not burnt once. It does smell slightly when you apply but that soon disappears. My husband uses it and he is one of those men who would never use suntan cream but this is quick and simple and the sports one doesn't get caught up in his hairy bits!! I would recommend it to anyone.

My OH will only use the sport formula as he hates anything sticky and won't use ordinary sun cream even the ultrasun ones. He likes the fact that its a liquid and sinks in easily and quickly. No more burnt necks for him since I got him this.

I have the Ultrasun SPF 30 for face, its brilliant, and I am now going to get the factor 20 sports formula for my body as I suffer from prickly heat.:happy::happy:

Hi all. I have seen the factor 20 sports formula quite cheap elsewhere, but am not sure if it's the same 'once a day formula'. I can see on the QVC item that it says 'High all-day protection' that I can't see on the bottles from other sites. Has anyone any experience of this formula? Thank you!

I have just got my Ultrasun from ifsogo.com and has a sticker on the bottles sayiing 1x once a day.also used for first time today is differnt texture to P2o, but not sticky like Boots once a day one.

Today I have the F30 on my face and the sports F20 on my arms. It does smell when you first put it on but the smell disappears almost instantly. Not at all sticky. It seems too runny when you first use it but rubs straight in even on hairy bits! More importantly it does the job.

I've just bought the 200ml Sports Formula (spf20) and 50ml of the Face Anti-Ageing Formula (spf30). I hate sticky or hard to rub in sun creams too. :cool:

We're off on holiday at the weekend for a fortnight so I'll report back and let you know how it performs on my pale Scottish skin! ( I usually start my holiday pale blue and by the end of the first week I have reached a nice, white colour! If I'm careful, I can get a bit of a tan by the end of the second week! :wink:)

I have just got my Ultrasun from ifsogo.com and has a sticker on the bottles sayiing 1x once a day.also used for first time today is differnt texture to P2o, but not sticky like Boots once a day one.

Thanks - I had never heard of ifsogo.com and have just ordered the face and lip balm set for £16.99 free p&p. I was going to order the 2 x face £30 + p&p and the lip balm trio £10.50 + p&p from qvc when I really only wanted one of each - so saved a fortune.:happy:

Hello all,

Just wanted to add that my mum and dad recently came back from Turkey and they bought a set off QVC to try - they used the factor 30 once and day and it was fantastic - they never burnt once and came back brown. They really didnt have to reapply at all during the day and didnt even need the aftersun.
I tried this myself in the garden on my face and tried the factor 20 gel one on my body and I never went red at all!! I am really impressed.

I just ordered myself a Factor 30 one for our holidays now from ifsogo - its already been dispatched.

Just received my order from ifsogo, got the SPF30 family formula, the SPF50 and the SPF20 glimmer.

The glimmer is lovely for the body, not glittery just a gentle shimmer!!

I find Ultrasun confusing. I did read somewhere that they were not allowed to put 'once a day' on the bottle but if you read the leaflet that comes with it, although it is water resistant it does say to reapply frequently too. It also mentions your skin's sun quota ie how long you can stay out in the sun before burning stating that this was once a day (only sunbathing once a day according to your max sun exposure is my understanding).

After reading the whole thing it really didn't come across as 'once a day' product at all as it never mentions it.

Would be interested in anyone else's interpretation of the leaflet as I did purchase the Anti-aging face duo but returned it because of the confusing information.

By the way TX Maxx had the SPF20 for £9.99 if anyone is interested.

:confused:

Confusing....not for me.

I find Ultrasun confusing. I did read somewhere that they were not allowed to put 'once a day' on the bottle but if you read the leaflet that comes with it, although it is water resistant it does say to reapply frequently too. It also mentions your skin's sun quota ie how long you can stay out in the sun before burning stating that this was once a day (only sunbathing once a day according to your max sun exposure is my understanding).

After reading the whole thing it really didn't come across as 'once a day' product at all as it never mentions it.

Would be interested in anyone else's interpretation of the leaflet as I did purchase the Anti-aging face duo but returned it because of the confusing information.

By the way TX Maxx had the SPF20 for £9.99 if anyone is interested.

:confused:

Hi,
I spoke to the Ultrasun rep at the Beauty Bash. She re-iterated that it was once a day, but being a Swiss company, Ultrasun are very conservative and there was a problem with stating "once-a day" - since resolved. It is "once-a-day "and it does work, if you follow instructions, apply enough etc... I have very pale skn, slow to tan, quick to burn and Ultrasun has made me much more relaxed in sunshine - I would never be without it now. Added bonus for me - no more prickly heat!
:rock::rock::rock:

Hi,
I spoke to the Ultrasun rep at the Beauty Bash. She re-iterated that it was once a day, but being a Swiss company, Ultrasun are very conservative and there was a problem with stating "once-a day" - since resolved. It is "once-a-day "and it does work, if you follow instructions, apply enough etc... I have very pale skn, slow to tan, quick to burn and Ultrasun has made me much more relaxed in sunshine - I would never be without it now. Added bonus for me - no more prickly heat!
:rock::rock::rock:

Funny you should mention prickly heat, because we took the TSV away with us on holiday in May and my hubby is dark skinned and usually goes a lovely brown BUT for the first time ever he had horrendous prickly heat and the only thing he'd done differently was put on Ultrasun! I didn't get that but when applying the SPF 20 it would kind of roll off again or go all bitty on the body, like there was something wrong with it. I complained when we got back and then sent it back for a refund. Strange.

Faulty?

Funny you should mention prickly heat, because we took the TSV away with us on holiday in May and my hubby is dark skinned and usually goes a lovely brown BUT for the first time ever he had horrendous prickly heat and the only thing he'd done differently was put on Ultrasun! I didn't get that but when applying the SPF 20 it would kind of roll off again or go all bitty on the body, like there was something wrong with it. I complained when we got back and then sent it back for a refund. Strange.

Hi :wave:,

That doesn't sound right - it could have been faulty. It has to be applied to clean, dry skin, so we put it on after our shower in the morning and by the time we have got ready, had coffee etc., we can go out in the sun and be protected all day. My husband used the SPF 20 Sport last year and it wasn't at all as you descibed- it just sunk in to the skin very easily. He is a nightmare about sun creams and the once a day gel is so easy - he could forget about it once it was on. It was particularly good for the top of his head where he is going a bit thin....he is a nightmare about wearing a cap also and the SPF 20 sport rubbed into his head and didn't clog up his hair like a cream would.

I use the SPF 28/30 and that suits me as it is a light lotion, not a gloopy cream but very moisturising.

:wave:

I agree. I use the Face 30 and either sports 20 or Factor 30 on my body. I put it on my face every day and body on sunny days immediately after my shower. I am very fair and have never burnt or had prickly heat since using Ultra Sun. I have used it from 20 degrees to 40 degrees with the same great result. I think the key is to apply it to clean dry skin. If you have a bit of sweat on your skin or apply it later in the day when ther may be pollution on your skin, it may not be so effective. Overall I wouldn't use any other sun screen product.

Funny you should mention prickly heat, because we took the TSV away with us on holiday in May and my hubby is dark skinned and usually goes a lovely brown BUT for the first time ever he had horrendous prickly heat and the only thing he'd done differently was put on Ultrasun!

I used to get prickly heat and after years of suffering I can completely avoid it by using a sensitive formula sunscreen AND having no other cream residues on my skin. That includes no shower gels with added moisturisers and no body lotions the night before without washing with something plain (ie. ordinary bar soap) in the morning.

Took much trial and error to work out moisturising shower gels were a problem so thought I'd pass it on in case I'm not alone.

Great minds.....

I used to get prickly heat and after years of suffering I can completely avoid it by using a sensitive formula sunscreen AND having no other cream residues on my skin. That includes no shower gels with added moisturisers and no body lotions the night before without washing with something plain (ie. ordinary bar soap) in the morning.

Took much trial and error to work out moisturising shower gels were a problem so thought I'd pass it on in case I'm not alone.

Hi :wave:,
I worked out the same thing and I always use a simple shower gel and make sure I rinse it off well. It works for me!
:wave:

Latest posts

Back