Under the sea ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I don't watch Gems anymore, nothing of interest and far too much Jade T. Switched on randomly for curiosity and there is Jake, several minutes into the show I have no idea what he is selling or if I would want to buy if inclined to do so. The only thing that catches my attention is Jake's dreadful suit/appearance. I know that sounds superficial but really .. please Jake do get a makeover ...

Not great. Goes with his style of sales patter though...

And the amount of lipstick on Hattie took me by surprise but maybe that's the "insta" trend these days 🤷‍♂️. What do I know?

Hattie looks ridiculous with that awful lipstick. She’s far too hyper for me to watch for long. She can’t speak without nodding her head, looking around or making faces in reaction to everything Big Jake said.

Not great. Goes with his style of sales patter though...

And the amount of lipstick on Hattie took me by surprise but maybe that's the "insta" trend these days 🤷‍♂️. What do I know?
I know .. Hattie's lipstick was scary but maybe just Halloween inspired. In between was a promo with Ellis showing Kimbie wrap .. overall very mixed up show and nothing to tempt, but that could be just me ..

She does wear that hideous lipstick on occasions. She tends to wear a more muted one usually though.

On the subject of muted, that tends to be how the volume is set on my TV too whenever I see hyper Hattie.

She does wear that hideous lipstick on occasions. She tends to wear a more muted one usually though.

On the subject of muted, that tends to be how the volume is set on my TV too whenever I see hyper Hattie.
Muted is how I tend to watch all of them - when I do watch that is.

Muted is how I tend to watch all of them - when I do watch that is.

I don't watch Gems anymore, nothing of interest and far too much Jade T. Switched on randomly for curiosity and there is Jake, several minutes into the show I have no idea what he is selling or if I would want to buy if inclined to do so. The only thing that catches my attention is Jake's dreadful suit/appearance. I know that sounds superficial but really .. please Jake do get a makeover ...
I had not watched for a little while…tuned in for a bit of much needed escapism.

Jake didn’t disappoint in providing the distraction … his shirt was gaping at multiple junctions.

I was distracted - thank you Jake!

So strange that no one helps him to see that he is spilling out of his shirt whilst presenting live on air.

Nothing wrong with him wanting to be ”natural” chubby self.
He just needs to get a shirt in a size that accommodates his natural shape.. simples ☺️

The “under the sea” pendant they were selling with the pantomime acting from “Hattie the scary lipstick “ and the producer “despairing at prices” made it a very uncomfortable cringe affair.

It was presented as “ Gem Art carved by Hans Ulrich” …

Jake was waxing lyrical about this exclusive “piece of art” going up in value as well as being “irreplaceable, never again possible “ to achieve this masterpiece.

Looking at the “piece of art” they were selling … I felt underwhelmed at best. It looked strange to me …. Like a cheap accessory to a mermaid dress up costumes I used to buy for my daughter from Woolworths… looked “plastic“ and unimaginative at best.
I apologise about my taste to anyone who might have found it to be as exquisite as Jake did.

Gemporia takes every opportunity to put “names” behind their products..
Glenn, Rudy, Charles Winstone are usually there to speak about their creations…

Colour me cynical but that there was nothing from Hans Ulrich to speak about this “unique carving” or connect him to it? Except the graphics that stated his name.
Jake was showing photos from Lehrer’s book of unconnected creations at his presentation of the pendant he was selling.
They showed old video footage of this famous carver/tutor/maestro Hans Ulrich with absolutely no link of him ever carving this
particular ” gem art “ …how very odd??

Maybe I missed something…?

I think that I agree with you. I tuned in to have a look.

The "carving" of the quartz didn't look that special. Similar could have been sold on Gem Collector. In fact, GC has been pushing variously dyed starfish onyx pieces for £19.99 that were prettier (if over-priced). The colour of the turquoise was quite "loud" and, close up, I didn't think that the space for the pearl was executed particularly neatly. £299? Not outlandish but not really worth it - for me, at least.

Googled him as well. This is one of his, sold in the US (where gem prices are sometimes inexplicably jaw-dropping) for £3,750 (Bonham's hammer price).

I thought that the sinuous gold cage shape was attractive. I might have gone for just the shell carving in Zambian amethyst or Smokey quartz in that design. Like you, was not underwhelmed exactly but not rushing to the 'phone. Horses for courses on that one, I think.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.1 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back