Wen- important for users

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Elphaba

Registered Shopper
There is a lawsuit regarding hair loss with WEN. Please do a search if you require more information.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...eds-company-in-hair-product-causing-hair-loss

The ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee is demanding answers after more than 17,000 customers complained about hair loss after using WEN haircare products.

Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. (D-N.J.) this week sent letters to both the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Georg Richter, the president and CEO of the product's manufacturer, asking why consumers are complaining about significant hair loss, visible bald spots, hair breakage and scalp irritation. One customer reported that they continued to lose hair for three weeks after they had stopped using the product.

"Consumers deserve to know that they are making safe choices when they purchase cosmetics," Pallone said in a news release. "Unfortunately, since popular cosmetics and personal care products are largely unregulated before they reach the marketplace, these products can contain harmful chemicals that have the potential to put consumers at risk.”

The product’s manufacturer, Guthy-Renker LLC, has reportedly denied any safety issues associated with its cleansing conditioner despite consumer complaints that date back to 2008.

In his letter to Richter, Pallone requested a briefing with staffers "as soon as possible." He also requested copies of commissioned assessments, documents related to product testing, a detailed timeline of the company’s interactions and communications with the FDA and all communications from the company relating to the potential side effects or safety issues with WEN products.

Pallone asked the FDA when and how it first became aware of the safety issues associated with WEN Cleaning Conditioner, what steps, if any, it took to address those issues and what information Guthy-Renker has shared with the agency.

Pallone also wants to know whether the FDA had access to any of the company’s safety records, if it has conducted any inspections, if the agency has requested a product recall and if the agency has sufficient authority now to oversee the product.

Sorry old news, its been all over the web since last year.

A number of people decided WEN was causing hair loss, yet for some reason decided to continue to use it. Its well known with WEN that if you are sensitive to menthol(yes the stuff most toothpastes have), not use it. I remember when it launched here some people did not because of the mint. All their cleanser have some sort of menthol apart from the sorry we don't get in the UK 4 number ones. On here mostly it was people thought it was too expensive or some it made their hair greasy.

So apart from stupid people who continue to use something which they notice is effecting them, so you seen the car knew it was going to hit you but still walked in front of it thing. No story. Until it gets to court and a decision is made.

QVC and elsewhere sell the product. I have used for two years, never had hair loss. In fact people comment on how thick and shiny my hair is. I buy it from WEN's own site as better deals. Recently got with £10 off and free shipping.

A number of people decided WEN was causing hair loss, yet for some reason decided to continue to use it. Its well known with WEN that if you are sensitive to menthol(yes the stuff most toothpastes have), not use it. I remember when it launched here some people did not because of the mint. All their cleanser have some sort of menthol apart from the sorry we don't get in the UK 4 number ones. On here mostly it was people thought it was too expensive or some it made their hair greasy.

So apart from stupid people who continue to use something which they notice is effecting them, so you seen the car knew it was going to hit you but still walked in front of it thing. No story. Until it gets to court and a decision is made.

QVC and elsewhere sell the product. I have used for two years, never had hair loss. In fact people comment on how thick and shiny my hair is. I buy it from WEN's own site as better deals. Recently got with £10 off and free shipping.

I haven't seen the old news but as the article was posted days ago I thought I'd post.

My experience with Wen has been positive. And I have thinning hair. I don't find I'm sensitive to menthol so far, and I am sensitive to SLS, so I know my scalp would let me know if there was a problem... I don't use Wen all the time, but switch around.

I dare say if there is a court decision against them, Wen would just reformulate without the menthol, or clearly flag their ranges with warnings about the menthol.

Yes I saw something a while back.

Latest posts

Back