What's the worst thing you've ever bought?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I know I bought a mahoosive plastic stepping machine from bid, and made a whole post about it....but had I got the room for it, it probably would've been a fairly useful bit of kit..but other than that it has been a drying machine that's supposed to eliminate the need for ironing...Basically it consisted of a pop up laundry hamper and a low powered hairdryer..and it would've taken 6 hours to dry anything other than one item. It didn't dry and it didn't remove creases! Got my money back on that though. Bought a radio cassette from the back of a van once...paid £20 for it..got it home to find that the cassette part was a just a sticker on the front, it was just a radio..It wasn't portable cos it didn't take batteries, it was mains only and to add insult to injury it was FM only and sounded like an old tin can (this was back in the 80s I hasten to add!). Excitedly paid a fiver at a car boot for a pair of brand new Nike trainers..I ran home with them and said to hubby wow just got a pair of Nikes for a fiver..put them on..and they felt a bit funny...Mmm ..they were both left feet!!! Trouble is hubby noticed and said..Mmmm they don't look quite right, and when it dawned on him, he laughed his ****** head off, and ripped the hell out of me...However, the boot sale being round the corner I returned them and managed to persuade the vendor to give my money back. Obvs they'd been stolen from outside a shop...Boy did I feel a plonker!

Can't think of one thing, but it will have undoubtedly been some piece of 'fitness equipment' which took up a massive amount of room, gathered a ton of dust, and never saw active service.

Latest posts

Back