You think QVC postage is high?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

louise66

Registered Shopper
Just passing the time, after getting an email from Big Chill, a US appliance company. I 'ordered' - pretend - four retro items, in buttercup yellow: fridge, electric oven, induction hob, dishwasher. Total cost of hardware, $9677. Delivery - as if I live in the US - $1175. Not forgetting state tax $282.23. A grand total of $11,137.23. You pay more, if you don't want the appliance left on the kerb! I have many customers buying 4/5 appliances, and if they expect free delivery, which is available. So, whilst I still believe postage at the Q can be over the top, comparatively, it's peanuts. Well done the Q, putting the customer first, as per!

For appliances, I think Lakeland (free over £30) and John Lewis (free over £50) put the customer first before QVC does.

Last edited:
I love AO.com and they deliver very quickly and free.

Who are 'we' and what is the relevance to QVC?

I attempted to delete this, but could not technically manage it.

I have no desire to stir up antagonism. I just honestly couldn't see the relevance of starting post of this thread, about fantasy shopping in America.

Well, if we're comparing p & p charges worldwide, most stuff off Ali Express from downtown 'China' is free shipping to the UK, AND packaged to within an inch of its life - takes me 5 hours and a packed lunch to wade through all the bubble wrap !!!

Well, if we're comparing p & p charges worldwide, most stuff off Ali Express from downtown 'China' is free shipping to the UK, AND packaged to within an inch of its life - takes me 5 hours and a packed lunch to wade through all the bubble wrap !!!

This is totally off topic, but save the bubblewrap. I once worked with a therapist whose cure for boredom among his married clients was to instruct them to tie each other up in bubblewrap.

Just passing the time, after getting an email from Big Chill, a US appliance company. I 'ordered' - pretend - four retro items, in buttercup yellow: fridge, electric oven, induction hob, dishwasher. Total cost of hardware, $9677. Delivery - as if I live in the US - $1175. Not forgetting state tax $282.23. A grand total of $11,137.23. You pay more, if you don't want the appliance left on the kerb! I have many customers buying 4/5 appliances, and if they expect free delivery, which is available. So, whilst I still believe postage at the Q can be over the top, comparatively, it's peanuts. Well done the Q, putting the customer first, as per!

This really is of no relevance as we are not in the US plus you cannot really compare Q to an appliances store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back