Zumba TSV - 1st January 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am a bit concerned about the pace, and whether my little brain will cope with the multitasking (can't do that!) but I am excited about having a go. I need to find something I enjoy doing, have needed to for years, so am hoping this is the one for me :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
I worried about that too, but was fine. Actually surprised myself (after a few practices) just how coordinated I was! Just make sure to use the instructional DVD a few times first. It teaches you the moves in small, quite digestible chunks.

It wasn't for me - I am totally uncoordinated and repeatedly tripped over my feet. I did stick at it thinking I would improve, but I didn't. And because I never got up to speed (as I was always completely lost) I actually started to lose fitness. So I went back to my usual routine.

I think it's a great idea for those that can do it. It wasn't for me and I didn't enjoy it, mainly because I felt a bit useless!

I went to a Zumba class at the gym. I was so looking forward to it, and so disappointed afterwards. All the blurb says it's for anyone, the music is the thing and you don't need to be able to dance. Oh yes you bliddy well do need to be able to dance! Some of the routines were like Strictly Come Dancing. It was so fast, and the instructor kept calling out stuff like "mambo", "salsa", "cha cha cha". I hadn't a clue what was going on, couldn't keep up and fell over my feet. Being a "whole body workout" seemed wrong too, everyone just seemed to stick their arms out as if for balance. Whilst struggling to keep up I saw quite a few people grimacing in their efforts to do it as well.

Didn't strike me as the happy class it's billed as. I've not been again, although I hate to quit at anything - sometimes you just have to admit defeat!

I don't go to classes, I do the DVDs but I've heard from friends that some instructors don't really embody the spirit of Zumba in that they hurry along without allowing for the differing abilities. I've also heard that some at a well-known chain of health clubs, don't really use the right music and choreography. At least with the DVDs you know you're getting the real deal.

I don't go to classes, I do the DVDs but I've heard from friends that some instructors don't really embody the spirit of Zumba in that they hurry along without allowing for the differing abilities. I've also heard that some at a well-known chain of health clubs, don't really use the right music and choreography. At least with the DVDs you know you're getting the real deal.

That's what I like about the DVD's, they break down the various basic steps so you can learn them properly at your own pace before moving on to the various routines.

Latest posts

Back