Used Goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

philosophyjess

Registered Shopper
Hi All,

I was just wondering if any one else has ever received goods that don't look new? I have just received some bottles of shampoo and conditioner which one is sealed with shrink wrap and the other is just in a plastic freezer bag with the lid up. Do you think this is how the company set it out or do you think there is a chance it could be a second even though QVC say they don't send returns out???

Many thanks x

From what i have read in this forum it definately sounds as though it is Used!
I'm sure the company would not send out in such a condition.

I would phone customer services and give them hell!

I can't believe it, you pay out good money (quite a bit as well!) and they send out seconds. It's not like its something which might look brand new although it has been returned!!
I've taken it out the freezer bag and there's actually nearly 1/4 of the bottle gone!
The ****** cheek of it and i bet it will take ages to sort out especially as the item is now out of stock!

That's pants! Its the kind of thing you might sometimes expect on ebay but not a reputable company so keen to wave that reputation for 'quality' in our faces at every given...

i recall Debbie Flint saying the other day that they never send out used goods. I think it is a despicable, mean dirty practice, can you imagine M and S etc a) doing this and b) getting away with it? I have never had any used stuff from QVC but would play merry hell with them if I did.

they are sticking to their guns that it is new but there is no way im not the fool that they are trying to make me out to be. why would a company shrink wrap the conditioner but not the shampoo!! why would they put it in a freezer bag!! They have said if i want to send the item back at my expense!! they will refund it as no further ones are in stock!!

I wanted the products not a refund! i am certainly not paying out for postage when its their cheap down right disgracefull service which is at fault in the first place!!

I would definately keep at them over this. Did you ask to speak to a manager or supervisor?

I would be VERY suspicious of anything that looked like it had been opened and used. How do youknow that the conditioner in the bottle is the right one? Someone may have replaced the original prduct with some other brand.

Not the kind of standards you expect from "The Number One Shopping Channel" is it?

Definitely call them again as it seems to depend who you get on the phone to what type of response you get... and what sort of mood they're in. I've had a used item years ago. I think they sent me a pre-paid label.

Don't take their first response as policy. Has anyone ever tried contacting their quality assurance department direct about this type of thing? They used to run an ad about their quality testing. I guess they must test so many products that they are then sending out the tested ones lol.

they are sticking to their guns that it is new but there is no way im not the fool that they are trying to make me out to be. why would a company shrink wrap the conditioner but not the shampoo!! why would they put it in a freezer bag!! They have said if i want to send the item back at my expense!! they will refund it as no further ones are in stock!!

I wanted the products not a refund! i am certainly not paying out for postage when its their cheap down right disgracefull service which is at fault in the first place!!

I have received used goods from QVC before, a used Lola Rose TSV minus earrings covered in foundation! I took photos and sent them with a covering letter to Steve Hofmann's office (QVC Chief Executive) and Nikki at Lola Rose. They started taking it seriously then. When I looked into it it was Advertising Standards not Trading standards that were interested as they are not allowed to sell second hand goods as new. I was told repeated by QVC that my item has 'slipped through the net' but from reading ST forum that net seems to have many holes!
The problem seems to be the checking procedure which allows people to get a full refund for sending back incorrect, damaged or incomplete sets for a full refund and then to send those goods out without checking thoroughly.

Stick to your guns philosophyjess. Take pictures of the freezer bag with bottle and send to Steve Hofmann's office stating you believe this item is not new. I'd be interested to see what happens then.

I even more shocked that they've told ou to send it back at your own expense! how disgusting is that?

Its always seemed to me that QVC's standard bog standard reply for anything is we will send you a pre paid sticker to send it back - and they seem to think that deserves comments as outstanding customer service........................................but on this occassion,they're not even prepared to that...............................disgusting,I say

you're absolutely spot on rainbowdottie, they should be bending over backwards to help.

I would get Trading Standards involved and email QVC to tell them so. I always seem to get a better response when I email customer services. A freezer bag is what someone would put it in to return an item to make sure it doesnt leak, not how it would come from the company.

Bet

Latest posts

Back