My QVC Tresonic toothbrush - help me

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

zakcat

Registered Shopper
I'm sure I've seen posts on this item before but cannot seem to find a way to search the QVC forum - is that because I've only just signed up as a user?

After seeing how much everyone loves this toothbrush I thought I would give it a try.

OMG OMG OMG :mysmilie_81: I HATE IT

I'm beginning to wonder if it might be faulty because I cannot bear to have it touch my gums or lips, its sooo ticklish to the point of painful, it also makes the strangest of whining noises. Today on my second time of using it I did manage to skim it lightly across my teeth before it became unbearable but I don't want cleaning my teeth to turn into something I dread even if its great for my teeth.

Please help me or I think I'll just give up and send it back.

Sam

:mysmilie_348: Hi and welcome. I've just this moment used mine as I'm off to bed in a minute (we're 2 hours ahead).
Are you sure you are using it properly, as in not like an ordinary toothbrush. You need to put it in place, leave it a few moments then move it on, not wiggle it.....
My husband is the most ticklish person I've ever met - he can tickle himself, but he doesn't have a problem with it after the first use when he vowed he would never use it again. After realising he wasn't using it correctly, he has now got the hang of it and his teeth are visibly different. They do make a whiney noise,,,,,

Ahh thanks for the welcome, I did read the instructions nad have noticed if you put the slightest pressure on it it stops, I'm not moving it around and think I'm using it like you describe, maybe I have ultra ticklish gums/lips, it really is the most bizarre thing!

They do take a bit of getting used to. The first time I used a sonicare I thought I would never get used to it but I'm on my third one now (over several years!) and wouldn't be without it. Mine had a setting to reduce the power for the first few uses so you could get used to it. Do you have anything like that on yours? It does help.

It's worth persevering. I had my first sonic toothbrush about 8 years ago (Sonicare) and I seem to remember it had a ramped start-up mode ie. the first 10 or so uses it operated at lower power to allow the user to get used to the sensation; after that it switched automatically to full throttle. I had the same feeling - that I couldn't imagine getting used to it but it didn't take long for me to be de-sensitised. I also found that applying slightly more pressure than is needed helped me get over the ticklish feeling and any gag reflex.

I,m still using a sonic toothbrush (and now they're a fraction of the price I originally payed).

Welcome to the forum and yes I think membership has it's searching privileges :mysmilie_348:

Jude xxx

Thanks everyone, you've put my mind at rest, the second time I managed to actually clean my teeth unlike the first sp erhaps I do just need to keep trying, it did bring tears to my eyes though.

Sam

:mysmilie_348:Glad I'm not the only one! :mysmilie_687:

When I first used a sonic toothbrush I had a full on panic attack because it felt so awful! Then I couldn't remember how to turn it off and took it out of my mouth and splattered toothpaste and saliva all over my face! (Ugh!)

Embarassingly my shrieking brought Hubby bounding up the stairs and next door round to yell "Are you all right????" through the letterbox! :mysmilie_17:

However, after thinking I would never get used to this ridiculous thing I now love it for the clean feeling it gives my teeth. I had to persevere - and I am still "careful" with it, but I got the hang of it in the end. Definitely use the lower power setting to begin with and just hold it in place. I found not turning it on until it was in position helped too.

I have the Plakaway one bought as a TSV last year. Now I have been using the electric Oral B ones for years, but this is like the concord compared a snail.
It does make a whine which makes me think of the dentist drill, I thought it was funny to be honest. Crap that sounds just like the drill thing the dentist uses to polish my teeth. Yes it has a ticklish vibrate thing but you are suppose to hold it at a slight angle to your teeth, well the demo said this. I have no problems with this.

Have to say it really does clean your teeth.

I had a look on the QVC website and cannot find the tresonic toothbrush. Any clues/advice would be much appreciated. MTIA

Now I word of warning. The brush heads are quite stiff to twist off, so a good grip with dry hands is better. Think it has to do with the speed, incase it flys off and hits you.:mysmilie_697:

Thank you:) I have to warn OH!

Are heads readily available in the market, because QVC are not stocking them.

Thank you:) I have to warn OH!

Are heads readily available in the market, because QVC are not stocking them.

That's why I stopped using mine and bought an 'oral B Sonic complete'. OH presses to hard with the brush on his teeth and the brush head 'splays' very quickly. The oral b one's aren't cheap. Interested to know if you can buy the brush heads for the Plakaway though. Also started to used 'eucryl toothpaste powder' (from pound shop) occasionally as it really cleans the teeth.

Last edited:
That's why I stopped using mine and bought an 'oral B Sonic complete'. OH presses to hard with the brush on his teeth and the brush head 'splays' very quickly. The oral b one's aren't cheap. Interested to know if you can buy the brush heads for the Plakaway though. Also started to used 'eucryl toothpaste powder' (from pound shop) occasionally as it really cleans the teeth.

I've had the same dilemma, worrier, but the Plakaway seemed to have better reviews.

Latest posts

Back