Debbie Flint's Explanation of Free P&P??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

73MelanieD

Registered Shopper
Is it me or does Debbie Flint really confuse you with the way she explains the free P&P on Smashbox. With the lid primer, it's £14.25 and usually has £2.95 P&P. She says that as you are not paying the £3 P&P, it's as if you are getting it for £11.25. Er no, it's still £14.25!!

I just noticed that - what is she on about? She is trying to make out that you save twice as much as you actually do.

No she's just thick and presumably thinks everyone watching is stupid too. :mysmilie_701:

I really hate the way presenters never mention p&p -ever.

The moment its free we never hear the end of it and how much you're saving.

I don't know about the smashbox debbie flint hour because I can't stand her,so am not watching!

It was really misleading and I am sure it is deliberate policy. Certainly it's Debbie policy. I shall see what my resident beauty expert literally tells me actually later today.:mysmilie_17:

I dont like watching Debbie Flint at all. The intonation (or should that be inflection) seems all wrong and she seems to stress the wrong words when trying to make a point. Debbie's voice just doesnt seem to flow and for me it doesnt make easy listening.

I agree that she does also confuse me when she when she says things about EP and P&P (I know it doesn't take a lot but she does it all the time!).

Bet x

Yes the speech thing has been picked up on here before and she is extremely annoying to listen to especially as she's also talking complete carp as well. :rolleyes: Now I'm sure that the presnters have training sessions when they look at their vts and discuss good/bad points and I'm amazed that she hasn't been pulled over her speech patterns and encouraged to change them or even be sent to a speech therapist to improve her communication skills.

yeah she was saying the same thing about the P&P when the 4 lip glosses were on too, and i was like "eh?" what you on about woman!!!

All you heard was order order order, even if you bought one in the previous hour with Claire, c'mon order another one now!!!! Jesus!!!

Shaddap :mysmilie_11:

I am sorry I am repeating myself, but the problem does not go away. when you have a guest expert, like Nina, who I think is lovely and copes so well with all the presenters, I want to hear her tell us about the products and how to use them. I do know, and have known for a very long time, how to place an order using Q-cut. I do not need reminders to get on the phones (altho I only have one phone). If I like/need something I will order, whether or not it is this year's biggest bargain and down to the last 5000 or not!

I do not like being talked down to and treated as an imbecile by someone who is as informative and as subtle as steam roller. Someone who is in her forties, (being kind) who dresses like rock chic, and does not have the nonce to have the Smashbox make up artists do her make up!

Altho not a fan of Claire Sutton - I thought her Smashbox hour was great, she was so enthusiastic and fun, it was a delight. She has become a classy lady.

Last edited:
Saw about ten minutes of her with Uri Geller and I had to switch off. To be honest I think they both must believe we're all stupid!

I don't know which was more annoying, his pretty but still overpriced jewellery range, Debbie's purring, over accentuated tones and insinuating glances to camera or Uri's own sycophantic droning on and on about what a terrific celebrity he is for deigning to take two seconds out of his glamourous life to sign a romance card on request for us poor simple folk. (wonder how many actually ask??)

When he isn't bigging himself up he's repeating a million times over how the crystal is a million years old. Duh! Yes Uri, so what! Coal is 300 million years old but it still ain't diamonds either! :mysmilie_81:

Debbie Flint and Uri Geller, now there's a marriage made in hell, only needs to be dressed by Denis Basso and blessed by Jennifer Kirk with a sprinkling of fairy dust..........

When he isn't bigging himself up he's repeating a million times over how the crystal is a million years old. Duh! Yes Uri, so what! Coal is 300 million years old but it still ain't diamonds either! :mysmilie_81:

LOL had to respond to that Freda Livery ! Excellent !

And by the way absolutely LOVE your name hahaha !

inatizzy X

Debbie Flint and Uri Geller, now there's a marriage made in hell, only needs to be dressed by Denis Basso and blessed by Jennifer Kirk with a sprinkling of fairy dust..........

mutley.gif

The stuff of nightmares indeed.
4_6_100.gif

You're right, it's sooo scary but so very true! lol

LOL had to respond to that Freda Livery ! Excellent !

And by the way absolutely LOVE your name hahaha !

inatizzy X

yaya.gif
Hi inatizzy, still just finding my way around here so ta for the response.
Mind you, if you think that's funny you should see my silly walk
15_1_45.gif

Latest posts

Back