A'kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

Tyson

Guest Shopper
I have just ordered the A'kin 3 piece set (from QVC) after reading the 5 star reviews.

Those of you who use A'kin, how do you find their products and is it a brand you have stuck with?

Do the products contain any chemicals?

Many thanks,
Tyson

I have just ordered the A'kin 3 piece set (from QVC) after reading the 5 star reviews.

Those of you who use A'kin, how do you find their products and is it a brand you have stuck with?

Do the products contain any chemicals?

Many thanks,
Tyson

I purchased the duo of rosehip oil on Love A'kin's recommendation,it's great stuff,this particular formulation is 100% natural.I do believe,although I'm not absolutely certain on this,that the rest of their range is all natural,vegan and chemical free,however you will need to confer with Love A'kin,the forums' resident expert on these products,for confirmation of this.

I'm sure she'll be along eventually.:)

Yep, BFT is right, the formulations are 100% natural, organic and vegan approved.

I'm on about my fourth pot of the Rose De Mai day cream. I'm also using the rosehip oil too and am having superb results from it. I use their shampoos and conditioners also and their face scrubs. All are sublime and really seem to suit my skin/hair. Love A'kin is another devotee and am sure will also be able to help!

Hope you enjoy it when you receive it :)

Hiya Tyson :mysmilie_348:

I LOVE a bit of A'kin! :mysmilie_1209:

They seem to have removed the full ingredients listings from mypure.com but here's the info about the brand integrity:

"[A'kin] skin care is made from the finest natural ingredients, chosen for their purity and skin friendly compatibility. [A'kin] does not contain: sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours.

All [A'kin] products are ingredient-rich, vegan, and use certified organic ingredients where possible, they have been formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing.

[Akin] products are certified vegan by the Australian Vegan Society. They are also halal certified.
"

I have quite stringent demands of my skincare and A'kin is the only brand I have tried that doesn't contain the chemicals I'm trying to avoid, is lovely to use, and works really well.

I've been using A'kin for well over 18 months now. I've tried out most of the range and repurchased my favourites. My soon to be 15 year old daughter uses it too, and I think it keeps her skin balanced even through these turbulent teenage times. :eek:

The Rose & Geranium Cleanser, Cellular Brightening Mist, Cellular Radiance Serum and Lavender and Rose moisturiser are my current faves, but I love the Rosehip Oil Rosehip and Shea moisturiser and The Rose Hydrating Mist as well. In an ideal world I would have them all on the shelf and cherry pick depending on my skin and my mood!

A'kin is such a rare thing...It ticks all the natural/ eco/ animal friendly boxes, is gorgeous to use - and it's effective.

I really try hard to get all those boxes ticked in the products I use but it's hard work to even get accurate info out of some brands.

I have slowly learned that if they are being cagey it's usually because they do not conform to my standards and I move on! (smoe brands don't even bother to reply to emails.

Hiya Tyson :mysmilie_348:

I LOVE a bit of A'kin! :mysmilie_1209:

They seem to have removed the full ingredients listings from mypure.com but here's the info about the brand integrity:

"[A'kin] skin care is made from the finest natural ingredients, chosen for their purity and skin friendly compatibility. [A'kin] does not contain: sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours.

All [A'kin] products are ingredient-rich, vegan, and use certified organic ingredients where possible, they have been formulated without animal ingredients or animal testing.

[Akin] products are certified vegan by the Australian Vegan Society. They are also halal certified.
"

I have quite stringent demands of my skincare and A'kin is the only brand I have tried that doesn't contain the chemicals I'm trying to avoid, is lovely to use, and works really well.

I've been using A'kin for well over 18 months now. I've tried out most of the range and repurchased my favourites. My soon to be 15 year old daughter uses it too, and I think it keeps her skin balanced even through these turbulent teenage times. :eek:

The Rose & Geranium Cleanser, Cellular Brightening Mist, Cellular Radiance Serum and Lavender and Rose moisturiser are my current faves, but I love the Rosehip Oil Rosehip and Shea moisturiser and The Rose Hydrating Mist as well. In an ideal world I would have them all on the shelf and cherry pick depending on my skin and my mood!

A'kin is such a rare thing...It ticks all the natural/ eco/ animal friendly boxes, is gorgeous to use - and it's effective.

I really try hard to get all those boxes ticked in the products I use but it's hard work to even get accurate info out of some brands.

I have slowly learned that if they are being cagey it's usually because they do not conform to my standards and I move on! (smoe brands don't even bother to reply to emails.

Hi Love A'kin,

Thank you for all the information. I have been reading a book about the chemicals that go into beauty products, reading what is in the products I am currently using is frightening.

I know not everyone is bothered by this, but it bothers me.

So, now I know how great it is, I just need the kit to arrive so I can try it for myself.

Next thing to do is find some natural make-up.

I wish we still had the thanks button.

Love A'kin :mysmilie_687: for the great review, I think I will have to try everything.

Yep, BFT is right, the formulations are 100% natural, organic and vegan approved.

I'm on about my fourth pot of the Rose De Mai day cream. I'm also using the rosehip oil too and am having superb results from it. I use their shampoos and conditioners also and their face scrubs. All are sublime and really seem to suit my skin/hair. Love A'kin is another devotee and am sure will also be able to help!

Hope you enjoy it when you receive it :)

Maybe I should have taken the plunge earlier and tried it.

I have been looking at their products and they seem to be very well priced.

The face cream must be great since you're on your fourth. How long does a moisturiser last?

I hope it arrives ASAP!!

I absolutely love A'kin too and the only product I haven't loved to far is the shampoo (but then I've never gotten on with any SLS free shampoo). I used the Rose & Geramium cleanser every evening and find it superior even to CnP (which changed anyway when they took out the almond milk). I love the eye cream, rosehip oil (did a major job on rebalancing my skin after it went mental over Christmas!) and shea moisturiser which is thick but light if that makes sense. Also love the Rose Hydrating Mist which I use during the day at work to stop my skin drying out from the air con.

I think you can't lose with A'kin to be honest, it effective, natural, no animal testing and at a great price. What's not to like?!

Tx

I love A'kin as it really helped to improve the condition of my skin (people have been commenting on how good it looks since I began using the range - although I do use some other brands as well such as Green people, Weleda and Neals Yard).

My top A'kin products are ...

Cellular Radiance Serum
Rose & Geranium Cleanser
Rose De Mai day cream
Lavender & Rose night cream
Gingko & Jojoba Hair Masque
Lavender leave in Conditioner (you hardly need any of this but seems to thicken hair up)
Gingko eye cream

I really like their shampoos and conditoners too - leave your hair feeling really soft and bouncy.

Best brand on QVC IMO.

Another fan here of the Rose & Geranium cleanser and Rosehip oil. Also use the A'kin Cellular Radiance Serum with good results but did find the smell took some getting used to. Apart from that all excellent!

Hi Love A'kin,

Thank you for all the information. I have been reading a book about the chemicals that go into beauty products, reading what is in the products I am currently using is frightening.

I know not everyone is bothered by this, but it bothers me.

So, now I know how great it is, I just need the kit to arrive so I can try it for myself.

Next thing to do is find some natural make-up.

I wish we still had the thanks button.

Love A'kin :mysmilie_687: for the great review, I think I will have to try everything.

Hello again my lovely! :mysmilie_348:

I am loving all the A'kin love round here today! :mysmilie_432: I miss the thanks button as well. I still feel a bit like something's missing.

Finding more natural Make up is even harder work - I find - although I have had some luck with Palladio.

This lot at mypure is worth a look. I've got a few things I want to try when and if I ever manage to finish anything up makeupwise. Meanwhile I'm trying not to buy any. (I find it so difficult not to just go "Oooh pretty" and slap my card down on the counter!! :eek:)

http://www.mypure.co.uk/organic-natural-makeup-m154

:mysmilie_348:

Sorry to stick my spotty nose in I'm thinking to have a change from C&P.
If you don't mind me asking where do you buy your A'Kin Rose cleanser from please ?

:mysmilie_687:

mypure.co.uk is fab for A'kin actually, they always have some offer on for a free product or reduced price and it's FREE P&P in the UK. beat that QVC! :mysmilie_17:

ecoessentials.co.uk are also fab, had a lovely e-mail from a lady there when I ordered a set for my mum recently and again, really fast postage. Great to see there are some really good companies still out there!

I can also get it in my local health food store but I think their stock turnover is quite slow so I get it from mypure instead...

Tx

For your responses I seen on mypure you can order two free samples any ideas what you think I should try please ?

Thanks for all the information everyone! A'kin looks like my kind of brand!

For natural make-up, Tyson, you could try Dr Hauscka (@£18) and Lavera (@£10): I use both of their foundations, but in truth marginally prefer the Dr Hauscka one - expensive, I know!! What you will find, to be totally truthful, is that natural foundations will simply not seem to perform quite so well or be quite so cheap as high street brands, with their silicones which make them just glide on; but I think the compromise to avoid the nasties is well worth it (and the natural foundations aren't THAT bad!! lol). Another thing to bear in mind is that in your search for the 'holy grail', you are actually supporting what you believe is best for your health. Thanks for the MyPure heads-up folks - another good site to try is Naturissimo (sorry not providing the link here!) - good service and great for having loads of brands and full lists of ingredients (yay!).

I love akin products ( apart from the rosehip oil which reeks of manure :mysmilie_17:). The oil free moisturizer is fabulous and I really love the creamy rose cleanser.....Akin is highly recommended!

It is worth persevering with the rosehip oil. I noticed a huge difference in the radiance of my skin, but it took about 5 weeks to show.

I admit the smell isn't nice but it doesn't linger on the skin though.

I knew I shouldn't read this thread!! I've been on mypure and placed an order! My husband will rue the day I joined this forum haha!

Looking forward to trying me some A'kin :)

Latest posts

Back