pro strong tsv 22/02

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

delh

Registered Shopper
I see there is a pro strong tsv coming up, I could do with something for flakiness at the ends of my nails tried nail envy with avoplex oil and ended up with dreadful nails. The reviews are very mixed on the web site so has anyone got any experience of this brand good or bad.

Pro-strong treatments helped to strengthen my husbands nails but it made a mess of mine. They used to be long and never split. I don't know why I used the blinkin' stuff as my nails started splitting and I cant get them sorted again.:mysmilie_81:

They improved a little when I used the nail envy for dry nails but QVC don't stock it.

Prostrong works well for me, particularly the procal, although I have to keep using it or my nails deteriorate again. I'll be interested to see what's in the TSV.

I've tried lots that don't work for me including Nail Envy and Trind was really awful on my nails. I know others don't find Prostrong works for them so it's a case of giving it a try.

One product that I've been very impressed with is Leighton Denny's Renovate. I too tend to get flaky nails that can split and I'd run out of Procal so ordered Renvoate. It seems to moisturise and seal the nail, all in a cream that you simply rub in. I've never had results like this from any other moisturiser or oil and will definitely buy again.

I'm now using both Prostrong and Renovate although might try Renovate on its own when I run out of Prostrong.

The thing I hated about Pro Strong is it peeled off your nails hours after you applied it. I type so not the hardest thing on the nails but I look down and big bits had peeled off.

I am using Trind at the moment but not the the hardener which I don't need as I have dehydrated nails but the balms.

Liz Earle Superbalm worked wonders on my nails, I just kept rubbing it in three times a day for a month.

Superbalm is wonderful on the nails and cuticles - as is, I'm finding my A'kin Rosehip Oil, really does them good.

I've also recently found Burt's Bees Lemon and Almond Cuticle Butter, been using it twice a day and my nails and cuticles have really improved...

Pro-strong I found a bit...meh. I had inital results from the flouride strengthener and then it just seemed to stop working. I've had the Manicure in a Bottle too, and that should be done under the trades descriptions act, as no way is it that. You do need a base coat and topcoat with it and it still peels off. It's a lovely subtle colour tho.

What worked for me:-

Nailtek II Foundation (works as a basecoat\ridgefiller - slightly opaque)
Nailtek II Intensive Replenisher (works great as a topcoat)

CND Cuticle Eraser at least 2 x a day-AHA based so gently helps keep cuticles in check, moisturises cuticles.

Lush-Lemony Flutter (contains Lanolin)- really moisturises dry cuticles, is really thick so you might just want to use at bedtime

Crystal nail file to seal free edge of nail.

Took about 4 weeks to see results, but then needed to cut nails:)

Best prices on ebay-USA

Good Luck

prostrong didnt work for me, made them all peely after a while!
i use nail envy, qtica nail growth stimulator, leighton denny slick tips and renovate and his crystal.renovate is very very good sems to stop peeling

Thanks for the info tabatha, pro strong is the only thing that works for my nails plus cuticle oil/superbalm but I am well stocked up with it so dont need to buy this one.

Does anyone else think the new packaging looks naff?

After reading about it on here,I ordered some Dr Lewwins Renunail from feelunique.com. I have tried absolutely everything else and even posted on here asking about getting acrylics or silks. I have been using it for around 6 weeks now and it is defintely making a differnce. I have nails for the first time in years-yes they are still a little fragile but I have had a bad couple of years with illness and it will be a while until I have a completely new nail that has always had renunail on it. I like feelunique as p&p is included,I think it was just under £18 for a generous 30ml bottle. You use it similar to nail envy-put a layer on every day for 7 days,remove and start again for 3 cycles, with 5 days off inbetween each of the 3 cycles.

ProStrong 5 Piece Essentials Collection With File
Item Number: 229631
QVC Price £28.00
Today's Special Value Price £23.43
Availability In stock
UK P&P £3.95

Transform your nails with nailcare essentials from ProStrong. You'll receive super-sized, best-selling Fluoride Nail Strengthener (27.8ml) for stronger, healthier-looking nails. Plus, to give your nails extra TLC there are full sizes of best-selling ProAdvanced Nail Moisturiser (14.8ml) and Pro Cal Calcium Supplement (7.5ml). Make sure your hands are hydrated with Pro Moist Hand Cream (27.8ml) - a fab handbag addition - and keep nails protected with Pro Quench Barrier Cream (2.7g), boasting a luscious fruity scent. A Pro Edge File completes the set.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229631

Need some advice everyone. I have horrible nails that I pick at and I would love to try and grow them.

Should I go for pro strong or Nail Envy?

Latest posts

Back