market research.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

horace

Registered Shopper
Hi - new here and doing a thesis on shopping tv. I have a question. What Brands or products would you like to see and buy on QVC That aren't already sold?

white goods.. ie fridges, washing machines, dishwashers etc. these things are very hard to buy in an electricals store because you just get bombarded with the "specification". ask an assistant and you'll be lucky if he / she does more than read out the card with the price on.
not something for a daily or even weekly show perhaps, but once a month maybe?

i'd also like to see them doing themed shows containing only products which get a high score in WHICH magazine. eg "Which Television" "Which Camcorder" etc

Snoopy has a good point there. I'd like to see a revision of their p&p charges so that it is worked out on weight and per shopping basket so that it is fairer. I think they would have more customers if the p&p was more in line with other shopping sites. Their p&p is aimed more at one off purchases I suppose but regular viewers would perhaps wish to buy several items. They never mention the price inclusive of p&p which on lower priced items makes a big difference. I think their lowest p&p price is £2.45 unless they are a promotion of free p&p or 99p.

I'd like to see more items for men other than DIY, gardening and cleaning products. They do very little men's fashion or footwear.

BurlyBear's suggestion of white goods is also a good one. I bought my last fridge and washing machine from the Next website but would have appreciated a demo on shopping telly.

If I think of anything else I'll come back and add to the list!

I'm a Moissanite fan so would like to see this on QVC. They could set the stones into different settings from the usual ones offered. Mind you UK prices are pretty expensive compared to the USA.

Aveda - previously on QVC and wish they'd bring it back.

Bedding other than Northern Nights!

Ugg Boots, DECENT UK recognisable clothing ranges, Mulberry bags. basically QUALITY goods with a recognisable name.

Oh and how about the American Not Your daughters Jeans range? I'd rather pay for quality instead of overpay for that Kim & Co. nylon tat!

Some decent, trendy clothing - nothing with cuddly toys or rainbow appliques (no applique full-stop), nothing with 90% nylon, nothing my Granny would shun for being too dowdy, nothing that bank-rolls the fur trade...

why......are you a spy from qvc land!!!

:mysmilie_697: That was my very first thought when I saw this thread and the fact that Horace hasn't posted since or offered any background on why he/she is doing a thesis has only compounded my conspiracy theory :mysmilie_17:

Hello Horace, I would like to see MAC make up, the return of Molton Brown, lower p and p charges, some fashion that makes me lust after it rather than fall about laughing, Boden on lots of easy pays would be good, but don't think QVC would fit their image. Radley bags would be nice too.

Latest posts

Back