Second hand boots?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I ordered a pair of boots on waitlist and, upon receiving them, the box was bashed in and they appeared to have been previously sent out to another customer. Obviously, I have returned them. But when I checked the availability of said boots in my colour/size combination, I discovered they were not in stock, which seems to suggest that my initial impression was correct. If they had just come back into stock, QVC would have received a bulk order.

were there signs that they had been worn? I read a review yesterday of the emu boots and someone had send them back after wearing and ruining them in the recent severe weather we have been having ...which I think is out of order.

I believe items on waitlist are basically items that have been sent out, and they are waiting for the inevitable percentage of returns. You would think they would give them a look over before bunging them straight in the post to the new recipient, but from the number of complaints on this forum, we can safely say they do not.
I don't order anything on waitlist any more, as I too have had items which have clearly been used prior to my recieving them.

were there signs that they had been worn? I read a review yesterday of the emu boots and someone had send them back after wearing and ruining them in the recent severe weather we have been having ...which I think is out of order.

QVC tell you that you can wear boots or shoes and then send them back. I agree with you in a way that it doesn't seem right but they do tell you that you can do that. If they send out returns they need to make sure they are in pristine condition.

I believe items on waitlist are basically items that have been sent out, and they are waiting for the inevitable percentage of returns. You would think they would give them a look over before bunging them straight in the post to the new recipient, but from the number of complaints on this forum, we can safely say they do not.
I don't order anything on waitlist any more, as I too have had items which have clearly been used prior to my recieving them.

Didn't someone say on here that waitlist orders are only fullfilled when there are ten or more of an item in stock? I got an item that was a return after ordering on waitlist but the item had come back into stock, so I wondered if I got the return because I was at the front of the queue.

QVC tell you that you can wear boots or shoes and then send them back. I agree with you in a way that it doesn't seem right but they do tell you that you can do that. If they send out returns they need to make sure they are in pristine condition.

Yes, I heard Debbie yesterday urging people to wear the TSV in the snow and rain...the 30 day money back still applied. Well there is about 4 inches of snow here today which will eventually turn to slush...it doesn't take much to realise that any suede boots would be ruined in it...I wear my hiking boots in these extreme conditions.

I think it's shocking that companies send out returns. I have read quite a bit on here about it, but was shocked to find out that Next do it too. I ordered a few bargains in their pre-Christmas sale. About 3 out of 10 have arrived. One was a coffee maker; I took the inner out of the cardboard box and the security seal was broken, someone had scratched it open, you could tell. Whilst returning this to the store I mentioned that I was waiting for a few more items, and this one had already been opened, and the assistant quite openly said "oh yes, as soon as someone returns the items you are waiting for they will send them straight out to you" I couldn't believe it!! Well I have learnt my lesson, no more sale shopping and no more ordering on waitlist from QVC!!! I remember years ago in my home town there used to be a catalogue bargain shop, where they bought returns from the major catalogues and sold them on at bargain prices - something like this must still exist surely? Send your shoddy goods there, don't pass them on to us thank you!

I think that selling an unused returned item is acceptable, after all if you take an unworn item of clothing back to a store like M & S or Next it goes back on the rails. Having said that those stores don't say that it's ok to wear something then take it back.

QVC do have the outlet shops where they sell returns but it seems that some are sent out again.

I think that selling an unused returned item is acceptable, after all if you take an unworn item of clothing back to a store like M & S or Next it goes back on the rails. Having said that those stores don't say that it's ok to wear something then take it back.

QVC do have the outlet shops where they sell returns but it seems that some are sent out again.

Reselling something that someone has got home, tried on and returned is one thing, but reselling something that someone has ordered, tried out a few times (poss for 20+ days) then returned them, is something else completely. Especially when they then go on to resell the used (and it is used at this stage) item at full price is a disgrace.

I don't think it is acceptable at all.

If I am paying "full price" for an item, I expect it to be in pristine, warehouse condition and sent to me as its first recipient.

I am aware of the QVC shops, indeed I am fortunate enough to have frequented them. There are many bargains to be had but a person buys in one knowing full well the circumstances of the goods - they are either overstocks or returns.

I would never buy bedding or other personal items from one of these.

As for Marks etc, I had always thought that returned goods to these stores were the ones that they kept for their sales, the ones where you find an assortment of goods on one rail.

I have an item on waitlist at QVC at the moment and I shall now go and cancel it immediately.

This practice is shocking and it is up to us the consumers to let them know that we find it abhorrent.

True, but they inspect the item before refunding the customer, so the item has to be in resaleable condition, otherwise the refund is refused.

I agree its acceptable to ship out an item, that has been sent back ,if its only been tried on.I know myself that I've opened parcels and the item has been so far removed from what I've expected - its literally been out the package 5 mins and then shipped back to QVC the very same day.I would expect QVC to ship it out again.

However,I take issue with QVC - because of their premium (sp) prices and postage costs - when they just can't be bothered to check things properly.I've been truly horrified by some of the experiences written here regarding second hand items.

Qvc make us wait ages for items,make us wait ages for forms and declerations,make us wait ages for refunds/new item sent out - and then imagine if you have been through all that - and you get a defaced item.disgusting,I say.

I've never knowingly recieved a second hand item - although in the years,I've shopped with them - I must have done.My own experience really was with a pair of birkenstocks.I'd fallen in love with a particular pair and ordered them on waitlist.They did arrive but not in a birkenstock box - and a bashed up brown box at that.I was suspicious they were second hand - and couldn't bear to put them on my feet if someones had been in them - although there were no obvious signs of this.

I kept them mainly because i loved them so much - and reasoned with myself that I buy shoes in TKMaxx where endless people must shove their foot in to try!

When I worked for M&S years ago, returned goods were usually put back on the rails, but then they were usually carefully inspected before a refund was given. They don't seem to inspect at the point of refund at all these days.

If the goods weren't perfect, they were often put out on those jumble rails as 'soiled and damaged' - no refund after purchase. I think they still do this?

I think you will find most companies resell returned goods they would soon go out of business if they didn't. But I do think goods should be inspected properly before being sent out. I also recieved a pair of Uggs from qvc that looked like they had been tried on, packaging was not perfect etc. but boots were in new condition, unfortunately I had to return them as they were not suitable for me so someone else probably got them.

Reselling something that someone has got home, tried on and returned is one thing, but reselling something that someone has ordered, tried out a few times (poss for 20+ days) then returned them, is something else completely. Especially when they then go on to resell the used (and it is used at this stage) item at full price is a disgrace.

I agree, they should check items thoroughly before they decide which category they fall into and what should happen to them.

True, but they inspect the item before refunding the customer, so the item has to be in resaleable condition, otherwise the refund is refused.

Given that QVC don't insist on goods being in a resaleable condition they need to check returns properly after they have taken them back the decide what to do with the items.

I think you will find most companies resell returned goods they would soon go out of business if they didn't. But I do think goods should be inspected properly before being sent out. I also recieved a pair of Uggs from qvc that looked like they had been tried on, packaging was not perfect etc. but boots were in new condition, unfortunately I had to return them as they were not suitable for me so someone else probably got them.

So thirds then eh? :mysmilie_17:

UGGs do QVC sell Uggs Bettyboo :mysmilie_34:

Sorry I meant Emu's I had just had a conversation with daughter about Uggs and it was still fresh in my mind. Oh confusion!!!!!! it's my age you know.:mysmilie_61:

I seriously hope they dont do this with earrings! I have read on here people have received rings which are far from prestine condition, I would like to think that they would not send out earrings someone else has tried on never mind worn for a period :-/

Latest posts

Back