whats clogau really like?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

njhsmee

Registered Shopper
I have a bit of money from xmas and from some gold i got rid of and was looking to buy a nice piece of jewellery i could keep.I fancy the idea of rose gold but can't find anything in the shops.
I saw clogau on qvc and have seen the limited edition tree of life trilogy ring,the one with 3 small diamonds on it.It has had loads of rave reviews but are they really as heavy and beautiful to be worth £420?
I know i can send it back if i don't like it but i have sent a few things back recently and don't want "the phone call"
Any comments gratefully recieved :)

Clogau jewellery is very nice and I am happy with the ring I have. I do think it's a bit pricey when you don't know how much Welsh Gold there really is and it is only 9ct at the end of day. They have an outlet shop www.clogauoutlet.co.uk which might work out cheaper.

I have a few pieces but would never pay QVC prices. Two of my rings were from eBay (unidentified as Clogau by the sellers so very cheap) another was from the QVC outlet store and another from Amazon.

You do have to be a bit careful somtimes. My ring from Amazon is the Cariad ring and I paid about £100 for it - QVC's price is about £300. However the Amazon ring is lighter in weight and the band is thinner.

The quality of all my Clogau jewellery is very good, and I love the designs, I just wouldn't pay full price for them!

I have to say that I'm a fan! Yes, it's expensive compared to other makes but the quality is excellent, the rings are solid (and come up small, I would recommend going up a size) beautifully finished and the diamonds are top quality, VS I believe and good colour (G-H I think?). I have item 677745 from QVC and the diamonds sparkle for Wales!

I think a special piece of jewellery isn't just about VFM but how much you love it and what it means to you. I would try a piece from QVC as there's no pressure to make a quick decision then look at the outlet if you want it cheaper. Amazon had a big sale a few months back and still have some remnants such as this without diamonds.

I think it's fairly obvious that the rings contain very little Welsh gold hence them saying 'just a touch'. It doesn't worry me, I buy Clogau because I love it and will probably still love it in 10 years time. To me that's reason enough to buy anything.

I have a ring which was bought for me 12 years ago, and it's still as fab as it was then! I haven't worn it for years and it's been kept in it's box, but it is still very special. It is a solid piece of jewellery for such a small ring (I) and the workmanship is second to none. I was always under the impression that the rose gold was the welsh gold. In my case I have the sunflower ring, and the whole centre piece is in rose. I wouldn't buy for the romantic story they spin, I would only buy because I like it. If you like the style then you certainly won't be disappointed with the quality. The tree of life design is stunning, go for it :mysmilie_82:

i was also looking at the ring you have nessarose,i love the design,is it really heavyweight gold?
Thanks for the outlet url georgie,i have spotted the tree of life ring with 4 small diamonds in for £307,shame there's only one pic of it though.
Oh what to do!
lol
I am a size j so i would be better off going for a k then.
They have the £307 one in a k but the one i saw on qvc is on waitlist grrrrrrrrr.

I ordered my ring in a size N and it does feel a bit snug. I will probably have it sized up when I get round to it.

i was also looking at the ring you have nessarose,i love the design,is it really heavyweight gold.

It weighs in at 4g on my kitchen scales nj. It sits flush, doesn't catch and I love it. I would try QVC as you can send it back after living with it a while and in the meantime shop around for a better price. (Although QVC aren't way over the top and some items are specials - I think my ring is a 9ct special for QVC as I've only seen it in 18ct elsewhere..) Let us know what you decide...

I bought a Clogau ring about 10 years ago and I'm super allergic to it! I have no idea what's in it that I'm reacting to because I can wear all types of gold and silver but it brings me out in a rash so I can't wear it. Shame because it's lovely.

I bought a Clogau ring about 10 years ago and I'm super allergic to it! I have no idea what's in it that I'm reacting to because I can wear all types of gold and silver but it brings me out in a rash so I can't wear it. Shame because it's lovely.

Very odd Meesh, perhaps you're allergic to Wales... :mysmilie_61:

I love my few pieces very very much, especially the touches of rose gold. The rings do feel solid and weighty and the designs are just so different. To be honest, I feel that the rings are true to size.

I have two pieces, they are special to me because my Dad was born up in North Wales, not far from where they are based. One is a plaited gold and silver ring that I love, although the ex gave it to me..... I also bought off e-bay, from the Clogau outlet, a bracelet of rose gold and pink pearls, it was the test piece for a design they went on to make in a combination of silver and rose gold and seed pearls either white or pink. I adore it.

We bought our daughter a lovely Clogau ring for her 18th. It's 3 stars in a row, 2 in silver and a rose gold one in the middle, each set with a small white quartz stone. She adores it and has never taken it off since she had it nearly 2 years ago. It wasn't very expensive, about 60 quid if I remember.:mysmilie_698:

Clogau jewellery is very nice and I am happy with the ring I have. I do think it's a bit pricey when you don't know how much Welsh Gold there really is and it is only 9ct at the end of day. They have an outlet shop www.clogauoutlet.co.uk which might work out cheaper.

Only 9% of any item is clogau gold. On this basis, I believe (IMHO) that it is way overpriced. Black Hills Gold is a far better option, and contains green gold as well.

If you are intent on getting clogau, go on to the website and sign up for the newsletter, which will afford you special offers. Plus, their prices are keener than those on QVC.

I bought a Tree of Life bangle a few years ago for (what I considered) an expensive price of £299. Flippin' hec that would be considered cheap by today's prices. The price of gold is admittedly sky high but Clogau's prices make me wince...over £1000 for a 9ct gold bracelet recently.

My bangle remains beautiful and untarnished and I wear it lots, I should say.

However, they are really good quality so I suppose you pays your money and makes your proverbial choice!

I have the clogau cariad rose gold ring and I wear it everyday and love it.However bought it much cheaper direct from clogau outlet on the net

I have one piece of Clogau Gold which is a silver and Rose Gold ring it is quite a weighty piece. It is really lovely and thank you to the person who posted about the Clogau prices on Amazon , that is where I got it from. I must admit the prices are really too expensive for me, but this one was just right!

I have one piece of Clogau Gold which is a silver and Rose Gold ring it is quite a weighty piece. It is really lovely and thank you to the person who posted about the Clogau prices on Amazon , that is where I got it from. I must admit the prices are really too expensive for me, but this one was just right!

I think that may have been me........it seems several of us picked up some lovely pieces at around the same time!

I buy my pieces from Clogau-gold seller on Ebay, hubby bought me a new wedding ring, 18ct anniversay ring with 4 sapphires and 1 diamond £94.00 very weighty, wear it every day and love it.

I also purchased a gold watch from them 2 years ago £149.00 & Queen Eleanor earrings £55.00.

I would never pay the full price for their items, purchasing them from the ebay outlet was much cheaper.

Latest posts

Back