ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone, I'm new!

I've been reading threads on here for a few weeks and have finally found the courage/wherewithall to join (am not very tecchie!) I've found myself nodding furiously in agreement with many posts (especially about delivery - my courier leaves parcels in my black wheelie bin, I have to time my purchases so they won't arrive on Mondays or they'll end up in landfill before I even get to open them) and crying with laughter at others (the fanny necklace...) I've been a QVC shopper for around five years and whilst I know the downsides - virtually everything they sell first appears that it would enhance my life/must be bought immediately, customer services not always up to scratch etc - I have made some great purchases over the years. And I get a lot of quiet pleasure and relaxation from watching, especially in the evenings when I'm finished dealing with a mad two year old.

But my OH (getting into my stride now) and best friend (BF?) have paid their dues in listening to my QVC commentary over the years ("ooh that's a nice bracelet, would go really well with that necklace I got last year"/"ooh there's a Decleor TSV on Sunday, can't wait"/"ooh can you believe people are prepared to pay that much for that?" etc etc) So they are hoping this might be a space where like-minded individuals could take the pressure off their ears.

Anyway it's nice to be here! Can anyone tell me what it is to 'F.A.R.T.'?! I gather it's something to do with restraining from purchasing but would love to know what it actually stands for!

Hi there Art Deco (love the name was it inspired by a fondness for QVC jewellery, they often use the term to describe items I have noticed!). Hope you have fun on here. I have calmed my QVC spending down a great deal since discovering this forum.

:mysmilie_357: ArtDeco!! :hi: We were all new once and some members have been 'new' several times over
icon12.gif
....until they get found out that is. :mysmilie_61: Get stuck in, have some fun and watch out for that mad mare Mrs James. :mysmilie_5:

Welcome AD. The more the merrier I say!

Wholeheartedly recommend becomming a fully paid-up member so that you can view the Drop (additional forum on non-shopping-telly topics) including a long-running thread explainig what F.a.r.t stands for, though you've already worked it out by the sounds of it.

Jude xxx

:mysmilie_357::mysmilie_482:Artdeco

To put you out of your misery, Forumites Against Reckless TSV Spending, but keep it under your hat, as we're not supposed to mention the word on here!

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome, I feel quite at home!

Yes Silversequin the name is inspired by a love of all things Art Deco, including QVC jewellery, in fact I might just this morning have ordered a necklace with that title (deserved in the case of this most recent purchase whereas half the stuff they sell under that banner is nothing like Art Deco style IMHO!)

Thanks for the info on F.A.R.T.ing Beady Belle! I now realise I have been F.A.R.T.ing for some time, partly because (as has been observed on this forum) the TSV's haven't been as inspiring of late. I don't want to sound too ancient or whingy - it's not just that QVC 'isn't what it used to be' although there is defintelty something in that. But I think in my early shopping days everything was new so I gave it a go and learnt what to re-purchase (Decleor, Liz Earle, L'Occitane et al, and Northern Nights) and what to avoid (Wash Balls, am I the only person to not get on with them?) I'm much more selective now. (OH also puts it down to me being in essence a tight Yorkshirewoman...)

How do I get onto the Drop? Sounds fab! Sorry to be so useless technology-wise...

Hi Artdeco, in order to access The Drop, and a whole new world of the forum, just click on the link for all the details. It's a one off payment (min. £6) and well worth the money.

VIP membership

If l remember correctly you just need to donate, press the yellow donate at the top of the page, l think you only need to pay at the least £6

:mysmilie_357: Hello from me too. As you say, this is a great place to air all your qvc highs and lows and inbetweens. Hope your OH and BF are grateful!

Hi ArtDeco, and welcome. Come and join us in the drop and I will teach you how to f.a.r.t properly as we can't practise it this side of the forum now.

Hi ArtDeco

Like you am new to all this, but I have had so many laughs.

I came hoping for a cure to QVC spending but I have my doubts-- this means I'll have to watch QVC even more now ( OMG!!! is this poss?) so I can make & appreciate comments.

Happy spending ( OH! NO we're not doing that)

Good Luck

Silver Fox

Latest posts

Back