Unhelpful Reviews on qvcuk.com

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Today's Bare Escentuals TSV already has a review!

WTF?? :taphead:

The reviewer hasn't used the kit but has felt the need (like many Tcallers do) to eulogise about the range. It's a perfect example of the most annoying type review; that tells you sweet FA about the product or QVC's service.

OK sometimes reviewers have bought an item elsewhere, which is fine especially if it's a first airing on QVC or sometimes they have sent out items prior to a launch for testing, but otherwise it's just annoying. To me it suggests a sad need to be the first to leave a review!

Anyone seen any shockers? I've read a few where they've clearly posted on completely the wrong item.

Jude xxx

I was reading some reviews yesterday for BE, think it was on some eyeshadows and one of them was saying about how she couldn't understand the bad reviews etc. Well there was only 3 reviews and they were all good!! Hmmmm has QVC been deleting some bad reviews? Suppose it wouldn't be the first time!!

I remember when Dawn Bibby brought us the music and dance kit as a TSV-someone left a review absolutely slating it the day it was aired. They hadn't ordered it, so couldn't even have been able to give an honest opinion about it! They were new products to the UK, so the reviewer couldn't even claim to have seen it elsewhere-pointless review and totally unfair. I hated that kit, but no way would I leave a review if I was not prepared to put my money where my mouth is!

I think that there should be a system whereby you could only leave a review if you had purchased the item from QVC and had to click directly from your account. Then you should be able to post a review once only and that should stop the nonsense described above of people leaving reviews without having bought the items.

it's disgusting the whole point of them is to help you make an informed choice if people are going to abuse the system it should be taken down

Dear BurlyBeaR

Re 'I'm of the strong opinion that many of the reviews are fake'

Faux reviews ..... what next !!!

: )))
Xero'

I think some are fake for definate!! But not all as I know I've seen mine on a few!!

I think they may also take down really bad reviews too!!

I think they're true - I'm sure QVC could get into legal trouble if it posted a lot of fakes when they constantly claim an independent third party posts the reviews. I've had my reviews (positive and negative) posted and I have seen enough negative reviews to put me off buying certain products. If QVC are controlling the reviews going up, they're not doing the best job.

From my own experience, they are definitely less likely to post a negative review than a positive.
I now tend to assume that if a product has any negative reviews they are just the tip of the iceberg.

From my own experience, they are definitely less likely to post a negative review than a positive.
I now tend to assume that if a product has any negative reviews they are just the tip of the iceberg.

I always wondered that some of the companies themselves would write positive reviews, especially in answer to bad reviews.

I always wondered that some of the companies themselves would write positive reviews, especially in answer to bad reviews.

Agree.....& agree.....! :giggle:

Most of the reviews are utter rubbish, either the potentially 'faux', the sycophantic ramblings of a diehard 'fan' or the whingeing of a dimwit twerp, who didn't read the description properly & ended up with something 'not as expected', or worse, imagined the item colour or whatever to be different than it is in reality & was therefore 'disappointed' to find something described as 'ruby' (or whatever!) is actually, yes, a pinky red, not pillar box red as they had hoped!
This is because many of the reviews are written by, as described in Blazing Saddles, 'the common clay....salt of the earth.....you know....morons.....!' :mysmilie_458:

The last few weeks I have had reviews posted but in the past I have reviewed EVERY item I have bought (gone through a £500 voucher since November so have bought a LOT of items lol) but not one single review was posted, I have no idea why? Since the new website I get an email saying review posted or rejected (only one rejected but not sure why?) but for a while it did put me off doing reviews as they were never posted.

I think they're true - I'm sure QVC could get into legal trouble if it posted a lot of fakes when they constantly claim an independent third party posts the reviews. I've had my reviews (positive and negative) posted and I have seen enough negative reviews to put me off buying certain products. If QVC are controlling the reviews going up, they're not doing the best job.

QVC are ALWAYS banging on about how honest they have to be as shopping telly is more highly monitored than high street shopping blah blah but they've been caught out a number of times giving at best, spurious, at worst, downright incorrect information on many products. So I would never take what QVC themselves say without a LARGE pinch of salt...they're sellers and they'll do what it takes to sell, sell, sell...

Another ridiculous review posted on the Birkenstock TSV (which was on Saturday).

comfortless
"Birkenstock are the only shoes ever to give me a blister.
I could not recommend and would never again purchase"

How ridiculous! This is in no way a comment about THIS pair of shoes, but on a bad experience the buyer has had with a totally different pair in this range. A general comment about their personal dislike of Birkenstock isn't even remotely helpful to someone wanting to buy this particular item.

And in any case, there is no way they would have received the item yet anyway.

Wise up QVC - this just makes the whole review system pointless.

Latest posts

Back