The reality of the qvc outlet stores

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I have paid a visit once again to the Warrington QVC store today.

I wish I could impress upon you all just how tacky all the stock looks in these places and then maybe you wouldn't all be so keen to spend your hard earned pennies on the QVC channel.

Oh yes, I have bought loads in the past but I am far more discerning now. When you see stuff just crammed in on dress rails and rows and rows of rings, necklaces and bracelets from which you cannot tell the costume jewelley from the real stuff.

There is used bedding, used shoes, used clothes and probably faulty electrical goods all on sale. You pays your money and you takes your pick.

I didn't buy anything today. It all looked really really tacky.

There were rows and rows of fur trimmed Centigrade coats for £1.99!!!!

Oh yes, the presenters like to think they are so posh and their selling techniques make us believe that the goods are of such superior quality but when you see it all in the outlet shops, trust me, you see it in its real light. It is no better and no worse than your average Primark, Peacocks and Home Bargains merchandise.

Pretty poor

I was also at QVC Birchwood today and it looked pretty awful. Stuff of all types all over the place.
Loads of women treating the clothes and craft items as though it was a jumble sale. I'd say rummaging rather than browsing. I don't blame the staff altogether, the goods were just being tossed and turned.
However the presentation of much of the stock left a great deal to be desired
and they really need to make an effort in this area.
All in all I'd give it 3/10

There were rows and rows of fur trimmed Centigrade coats for £1.99!!!!

There were still loads of these there today - reduced from over £70 to £1.99 and still nobody was buying them, that's how appealing they were!

There were bargain baskets around the floor with 99p bargains in, which were all sorts of Nina Leonard, Kim & Co, Artscape stuff etc and it looked like a load of old tat at a jumble sale.

I agree with Gem Genie, the quality of the clothes that QVC sell is really poor, apart from the 'proper' brands like Clark's shoes, Birkenstock etc. I go in there most weeks and it's always the same - gaudy Kim & Co clothes with pulls in them, bobbly cheapo knitwear, hideous Dennis Basso shiny fur coats, Centigrade full length faux shearling coats that look like they'd only fit someone 7 foot tall etc.

If you wanted to buy this kind of quality clothing you'd be better off going to your local market - and at least you'd know that someone hadn't worn it for weeks and sent it back!

I'm no snob either by the way, I do like good quality clothing but have stuff from New Look, Asda George etc and I love Primark!

Thanks for this info, was planning to go there nexgt time I am up Manchester way, you have now saved me from a wasted journey. I think QVC should give up on "fashion" for a while and have a rethink and a consultation with viewers\customers about what they would like to see\buy. Agree about George, New Look and Primark. I have a fab bag from Primark, covered in silver sequins and people stop me in the street to admire it, cost me all of £9 and has yet to shed a single sequin. Shop around is my motto!

My Mum is a bargain queen par excellence. I think she could have a masters degree in it. She was so excited to be going to the Warrington outlet and I have never heard her so disappointed.

Me too, last October when we were over in the u.k., we took a long diversion to go there and I thought it was horrible. The shop was smelly and grubby, the stock was spilling off the shelves. Just because it's an outlet, there is no need for it to be so disgusting and there were plenty of staff there.

The only fashion I like from QVC is the Quacker Factory range but even some of that is vile to say the least, I'm a long way from an Outlet store which is probably just as well otherwise I'd be dissapointed too.

If anyone can take some photos would be appreciated, think I need to head to Warrington.

Never been to one, but I have found something interesting.

Beauty wise brands that QVC and even IW sell and then discontinue suddenly loads start appearing in TKMaxx. I have the theory they QVC are actually selling to TKMaxx and the stuff they don't want goes to the Outlet.

I remember reading last year on the QVC US community board someone saying that QVC did infact sell unsold and discontinued stock to TJMaxx(the same company but they use that name in the US).

Beauty wise brands that QVC and even IW sell and then discontinue suddenly loads start appearing in TKMaxx. I have the theory they QVC are actually selling to TKMaxx and the stuff they don't want goes to the Outlet.

I remember reading last year on the QVC US community board someone saying that QVC did infact sell unsold and discontinued stock to TJMaxx(the same company but they use that name in the US).

That would make sense to me as my local TKMaxx has such an odd assortment of stock in tiny quantities.

qvc northern nights and clothing are pretty awfull and nothing like the high street for quality or vfm.

some people will still buy as they either dont know any better or they have limited access to decent shops.

love qvc beauty as the prices are good and branded but don really buy anything else as i have not liked the quality or the high price points.

I wouldn't mind getting a NN set from the outlet, as I have been pleased with the sets I got about 5 yrs ago and they are still going strong. I do have access to decent shops, I have Yves Delorme bedding and Ralph Lauren bedding too, but NN has -for me- not been a disappointment. I don't like the pillows or featherbeds though. Maybe over the last years the quality has gone down?

In my local TKmaxx they sell also loads of Carole Hochman. The sets are different ones than sold on QVC, but the RRP in TK is around £14, a lot cheaper than on QVC.
They also have Birkies, naturalizer shoes, MP, Philosophy, Decleor (limited choice, but you can buy cheaper online)
I love TK, but with beauty stuff, you need to be careful as most of the bottles and jars have been opened, which is disgusting.

I think most people go to the outlet to sell the stuff afterwards on ebay: there is so much kimco, indigo moon....etc for sale.:sleepy:
I can just bare with the frenzy in TK, but I don't think I could stand a rummage in a QVC outlet, with all the horrible stuff and the sparks of polyester flying around. I am sure this must be a health hazard.:giggle:

I was told by one of the brand reps at the QVC Beauty Bash that QVC do sell to TKMaxx. Not just beauty items either - I've seen Carole Hochmann and other "QVC exclusive" brands in there too. Oh, and don't forget Kathy Van Zealand's handbags - there are always loads in my nearest store.

I wouldn't mind getting a NN set from the outlet, as I have been pleased with the sets I got about 5 yrs ago and they are still going strong. I do have access to decent shops, I have Yves Delorme bedding and Ralph Lauren bedding too, but NN has -for me- not been a disappointment. I don't like the pillows or featherbeds though. Maybe over the last years the quality has gone down?
I've seen NN stuff in the outlet that hasn't even been taken out of the packaging as there's no way anyone could have packed it back in so neatly.

I've had craft items and brand new Birkenstocks but a lot of the stuff in the outlets is just rubbish.

you have now saved me from a wasted journey

My ex runs mini buses. I think I have just found him a new trip to run

'Beat your QVC addiction by travelling to a grotty outlet store and seeing QVC goods in the harsh light of day!'

Latest posts

Back