How many returns is 'too many'?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Princessmoneysaver

Registered Shopper
Is it percentage of items, percentage of value?

I have spent in the region of £600 now with them since November (£500 of that being a voucher I won)

Can't remember exact number of orders but showing on my account online from 11th February is 11 orders.

Prior to today I have only ever returned one item which was a clothing item, this was replaced for a larger size with little problems.

Today I recieved this http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.830736 with the bread box smashed into 3 pieces & the cereal box missing. I have called them about the bread box, didn't realise about the missing piece at the time as hadn't taken it all out so will call them back about that. They have said I need to return the whole set as they don't keep spare parts, which is fair enough.

I have heard some people on here mention letters when returning too many items, should I be worried?

Was thinking of taking photos of the bread box as it really is a mess, do you think these would be needed? The main 'box' the whole set came in has a hole in it at the side so wondering if it's a careless courier rather than sent out broken? Doesn't explain the missing piece though (wouldn't fit through the hole!)

Last edited:
You'll be fine. The returns problem that people have are due to change of mind not broken items. I've returned quite a lot for both reasons and still not had 'the letter' so I wouldn't bother taking piccies or worrying it'll be fine!

50% of items returned throughout the year is the level you have to reach before QVC send out the dreaded letter or maybe call you. Unfortunately this seems to be regardless of you having spent a fortune with them:taphead:

EEEK - I'm new to this forum and have never heard of this letter before!

I spend a small fortune with QVC, but it's nearly all beauty products/make-up in a desperate attempt to sort out/cover up my oily spotty skin - if something doesn't help or makes the problem worse (which a lot do in spite of the presenters/guests promises!) then back it goes!!

The 30 day MBG is my main reason for buying beauty products from QVC, if they are going to tell me off about it then what's the point of buying from them??

in the terms and conditions...

9.3 It is our policy to contact and work with customers whose level of returns is very high. This is to ensure that our prices are not negatively impacted by the cost to QVC of dealing with an extremely high number of returns by a small minority of customers. If a customer continues to return an extremely high number of products to us, we reserve the right to close their account. If this happens the customer’s statutory rights will remain unaffected, orders accepted by us before the account has been closed will be fulfilled in accordance with these terms and individual product warranties will continue to be honoured in accordance with their terms.

in the terms and conditions...

oh sh!te think I may be on for a letter here....! mind you if they close my account they'd be doing me and my bank balance a favour in the long run.

Does anyone know if the 12 months is a calendar year? If so I might be safe, I've returned a lot in 2010 so far but planning to seriously curb my spending (and hence my returning!) from now on.

Just checked online & it's now showing my entire order history, is this a new feature as before it wasn't there???

Anycase I have ordered 25 items in total (I think) & this will be 2nd returned item so looks like I'll be ok.

My first order was December 9th, thought it was November but remembered it was Nov when I got the voucher but a few weeks later when I first ordered.

Just checked online & it's now showing my entire order history, is this a new feature as before it wasn't there???

Anycase I have ordered 25 items in total (I think) & this will be 2nd returned item so looks like I'll be ok.

My first order was December 9th, thought it was November but remembered it was Nov when I got the voucher but a few weeks later when I first ordered.

as far as I can remember I've always been able to see my full order history - makes pretty scary reading too!

but sounds like you'll be safe from 'the letter' anyway!

do you mind me asking how you got the voucher, was it a competition that you won?

Yes won first prize of £500 voucher from WOMAN magazine last November, I do competitions for a living & have won lots of small prizes (with some great big prizes too) but was really lucky to win this and managed to get some wonderful presents for my family from it & the rest gone on me lol.

Yes won first prize of £500 voucher from WOMAN magazine last November, I do competitions for a living & have won lots of small prizes (with some great big prizes too) but was really lucky to win this and managed to get some wonderful presents for my family from it & the rest gone on me lol.

wow well done you:star:, i'd be in heaven with £500 to spend on QVC!! i never enter competitions as always have the attitude i'll never win anything anyway - maybe it's time to start giving them a go!

The order history has been available online for a long time but mine just seems to show approx the last six months and a few really old orders.

I havent ordered much recently and worry that if it is taken as a percentage of recent orders then I would have a high return rate but if taken over the years I would be ok.

Yes the order history goes a bit bonkers on mine Bluebell! I try not to look! I hardly ever return stuff cos I mainly buy craft stuff and it can always be sold elsewhere, too heavy and expensive to return!

Latest posts

Back