Julia on the Spanx show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I switched over and saw some of the Spanx show yesterday with my daughter and on seeing Julia's stomach, I said (miaaow) that maybe she should have worn a Spanx as she had quite a stomach on her. Imagine my surprise a few minutes later when Julia said that she was wearing one of the Spanx products and it had flattened her stomach!! Oops! Sorry Julia, but it didn't. :giggle:

I switched over and saw some of the Spanx show yesterday with my daughter and on seeing Julia's stomach, I said (miaaow) that maybe she should have worn a Spanx as she had quite a stomach on her. Imagine my surprise a few minutes later when Julia said that she was wearing one of the Spanx products and it had flattened her stomach!! Oops! Sorry Julia, but it didn't. :giggle:

I saw that show and the dress she was wearing did not do her justice!! I must confess that I have a couple of the Spanx camisoles and I find them quite comfortable as long as you get the right size!!

I saw that show and the dress she was wearing did not do her justice!! I must confess that I have a couple of the Spanx camisoles and I find them quite comfortable as long as you get the right size!!

Yes, I thought they looked like good products but I don't think Julia was the right presenter to model one though, it didn't seem to make any difference to her stomach!

Did you see her on the Kim & co show wearing the most revolting unflattering skirt and an orange bolero about three sizes too small for her. I cannot believe they allowed her to go on air looking like that. The clothes clung to every lump, bump and midriff bulge! How can they possibly say Kim's clothes do not cling after letting us see that.

Did you see her on the Kim & co show wearing the most revolting unflattering skirt and an orange bolero about three sizes too small for her. I cannot believe they allowed her to go on air looking like that. The clothes clung to every lump, bump and midriff bulge! How can they possibly say Kim's clothes do not cling after letting us see that.

She was wearing a small (!) in the bright orange bolero and laughing said that maybe she should have worn a medium. It would have been hideous in any size.

I can't see myself fitting into anything like Spanx, let alone the Kim & Co Fashion, well that's enough to give me a good laugh as well.

:flower::up:

I have a spanx all in one suit - and although it gives me a smooth line - it doesn't make me slimmer.

As a size 14,I avoid all of kims clothes,and its hard when she has to present the items but I hope in "real life" julia stays away from them too

I've only seen a few of the of Kim and Co shows and there seems to be a lot of stretchy fabric which they say skims and hides any lumps and bumps - well I beg to differ- this type of fabric actually exagarates and clings to any curves and that includes bumpy curves. I feel very sorry for the presenters when they are modelling clothes they would never normally wear and they have to pretend they look and feel fabulous.

I wear the spanx type vests during the winter as they are nice and long and stay put under clothes without riding up your back. It provides an extra layer without feeling like you are a Mitchelin man.

I have a Spanx camisole and I agree that it does smooth you out but certainly doesn't pull you in and make you look slimmer. My considerable tummy is still there just a bit smoother!!:sad:

I have a Flexxees (sp) camisole that you can wear your bra with and that fastens up the front, agreed, it doesn't take you down a size, but does make you stand better (you have no choice) and it does smooth one out a bit! It also "encourages" your bosom forwards so it does really make the most of your assets, IYKYIM!!!! Then maybe your lumps and bumps simply don't get noticed, LOL!

I saw Julia too and thought gosh if she's wearing one already. I have pondered over getting a spanx but not sure of the sizing, since my 2 CS many moons ago my tummy has been very prone to attacks of gravity and I fear one day I'll trip over it.
I tried a couple of items that were on ID years ago but as I tried to get a toe in to took off never to been seen again I think it was last seen passing Haley's comet.
I would dearly love to have something not to slim but to smooth, I loiter in Marks and other stores and come out with nothing, so I end up living in baggy clothes.

piper

Piper,why don't you ask one of the underwear advisors at M&S to help you find something to suit what you're looking for? My DD was having a terrible time trying to get a good bra to support her 'girls' (she is around a D cup but has a tiny back) and I eventually persuaded her to come with me to marks. The lady measured her,came back with 2 choices and both fitted her really well. She had virtually given up finding anything comfortable and was so pleased. I don't know if they have these trained ladies in every branch but surely in all the larger ones?
I have a very comfortable spanx I bought to keep everything smooth under my fitted wedding dress. It's lasted me 5 years so far as it doesn't get worn very often. I wore it under a close fitting dress last weekend and it gave me confidence-made me stand up straight,ironed out any bumps and made sure I had no glaring undie lines. I am not really fat,but certainly could do with toning up,and I find the spanx make a real difference but are pretty comfy too ( I have the high wasted shorts. Take some getting on but I have the knack now!)

Piper,why don't you ask one of the underwear advisors at M&S to help you find something to suit what you're looking for? My DD was having a terrible time trying to get a good bra to support her 'girls' (she is around a D cup but has a tiny back) and I eventually persuaded her to come with me to marks. The lady measured her,came back with 2 choices and both fitted her really well. She had virtually given up finding anything comfortable and was so pleased. I don't know if they have these trained ladies in every branch but surely in all the larger ones?
I have a very comfortable spanx I bought to keep everything smooth under my fitted wedding dress. It's lasted me 5 years so far as it doesn't get worn very often. I wore it under a close fitting dress last weekend and it gave me confidence-made me stand up straight,ironed out any bumps and made sure I had no glaring undie lines. I am not really fat,but certainly could do with toning up,and I find the spanx make a real difference but are pretty comfy too ( I have the high wasted shorts. Take some getting on but I have the knack now!)

I suffer occasional (and unpredictable) "urge incontinence" (I know TMI, apologies LOL) so if they are difficult to get on, then I can only imagine the risk of embarrassing myself if I am out and .....

I wear the power panties as I have a slight tummy and big thighs and they are great under linen trousers and skirts. I would not be without them. I do not care about the going down a size, but ust to have a less bumpy sort of streamlined behind and legs. As a pear shape ( who is getting pearier every year it seems) I think they are great, and would only recommend them

I suffer occasional (and unpredictable) "urge incontinence" (I know TMI, apologies LOL) so if they are difficult to get on, then I can only imagine the risk of embarrassing myself if I am out and .....

I have that too, I hadn't thought of that, one minute you think you ok then whoosh!

I'm a bit too shy to ask a Marks advisor but my daughter is coming to stay for a few days in April so I know she would come with me and she is very sensible to and to the point.

One thing I wanted to ask, where does all the lumps go when one wears this type of garment, I imagine everything squashed up in all directions.

piper

Man spanx

On a recent visit to the US , saw that SPANX have launced a range for MEN , can't wait to see them on QVC , any suggestions for models from presenterS ?

Latest posts

Back