Kirks Folly - I Give Up......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
I know I've said this before - but I just don't get it. Who on earth buys this stuff that it all sells out? Who pays £86 for some crystal beads on a string with dragonfly something or others. I always get the impression that this is a range aimed at the 'vulnerable' quite frankly. I flicked over to see Charlie covered in glitter, desperately trying to extract 'weeny' fairies from a gingerbread house (he used the word 'weeny' - not me!). I've never seen so much overpriced tat as they show on these Kirks Folly shows - shocking.

I know I've said this before - but I just don't get it. Who on earth buys this stuff that it all sells out? Who pays £86 for some crystal beads on a string with dragonfly something or others. I always get the impression that this is a range aimed at the 'vulnerable' quite frankly. I flicked over to see Charlie covered in glitter, desperately trying to extract 'weeny' fairies from a gingerbread house (he used the word 'weeny' - not me!). I've never seen so much overpriced tat as they show on these Kirks Folly shows - shocking.

With you on this one - can't fathom it either. Checked the reviews once out of curiosity and everyone was raving about the quality....?, we must be missing summat, after all it wouldn't have la:thinking::thinking:sted 15yrs otherwise. That Jennifer must be one fantastic sales woman.

Did anyone here see that dragon thing, it was £57 and it sold out. It managed to be hideous, pointless and overpriced!!

I've only ever caught bits of the KF shows - mainly because I cannot stand to watch it, the items are in the main hideous and all that throwing of fairy dust borders on demented.

I also wonder who buys it...

I dunno, I know a few people who like fairies and mystic stuff...BUT they not so far away with the fairies to spend that kind of money on junk jewellery and trinkets. My mate's got some fairy earrings and they're real silver and you can bet your life they cost a fraction of the price of KF! And the few fairy trinkets she's got all have nice faces, and are well made, some of the KF stuff I've seen on screen look the same quality as the tat you can buy in the pound shop!

I'm with you all on this. I was getting through a pile of ironing so flicked on the TV (first Q session in weeks!) and had the delights of NN and KF - my afternoon was made! :mysmilie_14: What with Charlie covered in fairy dust, Jennifer peddling her garish wares and Pipa backtracking to say that 180 thread count is still luxurious, even though they always tell us that if you sleep in anything under 600TC you may as well sleep on a park bench :confused: By the way - what has Pippa done to her head?! The left side was half black, but the other side was blonde...what's going on there?!! :mysmilie_506:

When JK was first on QVC, her stuff was very well made. It's not my taste but one of my daughters loved her brooches. She didn't wear them but displayed them on a curtain that caught the light and the effect was very pretty and very "her". It made birthday present buying easy, too! However, she found that the quality and detail had nosedived, about 5-6 years ago.They used to be really intricate and detailed, but the price went up and the quality and detail went down so she doesn't bother with them any more......

I have 3 pieces of Kirk's folly a angel wing pendant and earring set and cat sitting on the moon earrings they are very pretty and sturdy too.

Some of the stuff is well over priced and my earrings came from the clearance section. I find some of the ranges Qvc have ridiculously over priced Lola Rose is one that springs to mind.
Having been a collecter of crystals and crystal jewelry over the years as long as the item is well made no one can tell who made it I just couldn't bring myself to buy any of the LR items as If you search around a little bit you find the same at vastly reduced prices.

piper

Jennifer Kirk comes accross as a hard nosed,ruthless business woman.
Fairie Godmother...my bum,she'd wouldn't look out of place riding side saddle with Dick Turpin :angry:

Jennifer Kirk comes accross as a hard nosed,ruthless business woman.
Fairie Godmother...my bum,she'd wouldn't look out of place riding side saddle with Dick Turpin :angry:

I must admit that I have felt the same about her. Also, something gives me the impression she would be difficult to work with!

well that is what she does with the QVC proceeds from all the poor souls that buy her dingledangle in a trance....
Invite people to the caribbean for her Bday and throw a party!

I wish i was that savvy and invent some north London dust that will buy me a villa near Como lake lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-vSbcpDr2o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v-vSbcpDr2o&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks for the clip Tia. Looks like she took the friends and workers out on a jaunt, from the way she was thanking them for making her life so great. No doubt she is really into the whole faerie thing - so I think her interest in the theme is genuine - but it's amazing she has been able to make such a great living for herself off the back of this translated into glittery costume jewellery!! So many people out there obviously buy into the magic, good witch vibe, that the little glittery pieces of tat represent - an amazing alchemy.

I admire her business acumen if not her jewellery - certainly appears to have made a good living from peddling her bits of dingledangle (love that expression!). I do wonder if it is quite such a big seller these days as she doesn't seem to be on half as much as she once did. :wait:

Latest posts

Back