OMG..what a cracking tsv,not for us though!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

butterfly

Registered Shopper
Hi, being a lover of all things kitchen wise I was drooling over the US TSV, its the new Kitchen aid mixer, a staggering $249 which equates to around £165 of our useless pounds, I am overcome with jealousy, I cannot find it anywhere here in Uk for less than...wait for it...£560 !! and thats on amazon who are fairly great at prices. How on earth do we have this stonking great mark up, its off the scale ridiculous..oh well , rant over..its just not fair.

Does the $249 include sales tax? That is added on at the checkout on the US site. Just in case it makes it any less of a lemon.

actually don't know about sales tax, I have bought the great Bare escentuals sets from america on ebay and they are of course much better and great value, maybe electrical items do have extra tax. I know when we visted the American PX in germany they had kitchenaid at unbelievable prices but they only had 110 voltage so would need a transformer.

Hi, being a lover of all things kitchen wise I was drooling over the US TSV, its the new Kitchen aid mixer, a staggering $249 which equates to around £165 of our useless pounds, I am overcome with jealousy, I cannot find it anywhere here in Uk for less than...wait for it...£560 !! and thats on amazon who are fairly great at prices. How on earth do we have this stonking great mark up, its off the scale ridiculous..oh well , rant over..its just not fair.

Funny you should say that. This is a bit off-topic but I want to rant anyway!

I'm actually in Florida at the moment and I'm amazed at the phenomenal prices of things in the shops. Even european items are cheaper - for example L'Occitane. OK the full range wan't there but I got a full shea kit with good sizes of soap, shower gel, bath stuff and body lotion and hand cream, for $37, about £25 on the exchange rate I got a few months ago. Also DMC embroidery threads are 35 cents, 22 pence. Hobbycraft now charge 90 pence :angry:

Most other stuff is made in China so I guess we can buy it for similar prices, I know we don't have the same buying power and our exchange rate is poor but it makes me think...

Linda

PS been out and bought a second suitcase :giggle:

I totally sympathise butterfly! I have a KitchenAid blender and it's fantastic. I would love the mixer, but it's always been so damned expensive!!!

Latest posts

Back