Isn't Julia married?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Last night on Elemis, Keeley and JR were discussing Emma the model and the fact that she's getting married this weekend. Specifically that the treatment they were using on her at the time would be wonderful for a bride. To that, Keeley laughed and said to JR, "Perhaps this treatment could encourage you and Chris to get married" or words to that effect. JR replied "I hope him indoors isn't listening!". I have to wonder now if JR isn't actually married, although I assumed she was. She does always refer to him as her partner, never her husband. Not that it makes any difference really, I'm just curious!

I can't help but wonder if Keeley had been at the sauce as she was a little loose lipped during the show, even to telling JR that she's been described as a drama queen, as confirmed by both husbands(?) at a recent dinner event, and other rum comments. Not knocking Keeley though, I really like her :)

Last night on Elemis, Keeley and JR were discussing Emma the model and the fact that she's getting married this weekend. Specifically that the treatment they were using on her at the time would be wonderful for a bride. To that, Keeley laughed and said to JR, "Perhaps this treatment could encourage you and Chris to get married" or words to that effect. JR replied "I hope him indoors isn't listening!". I have to wonder now if JR isn't actually married, although I assumed she was. She does always refer to him as her partner, never her husband. Not that it makes any difference really, I'm just curious!

I can't help but wonder if Keeley had been at the sauce as she was a little loose lipped during the show, even to telling JR that she's been described as a drama queen, as confirmed by both husbands(?) at a recent dinner event, and other rum comments. Not knocking Keeley though, I really like her :)

I wondered that too, didn't she fall off her stool as well you could hear her laughing.

I was cheeky ages and asked her on her blog.

She said that she wasn't married but bought them both rings about 10 years ago to wear as a sign of commitment.She went onto say that they have children and a house together and she calls him her partner as they really are life partners and would call him her partner even if they were married - for that reason.

I'm not a fan of JR but did feel it a very honest post and a question which was pure noiseness that she didn't have to answer.

I even felt a bit sorry for her because to me the band she wears along with another ring - has always signalled to me engagement and wedding ring - so i've felt maybe this a part of her life that shes slightly insecure about.

Ah, thanks everyone for the replies :) I've never actually heard her talk about it on air myself but I knew forumites would know :)

I was cheeky ages and asked her on her blog.

She said that she wasn't married but bought them both rings about 10 years ago to wear as a sign of commitment.She went onto say that they have children and a house together and she calls him her partner as they really are life partners and would call him her partner even if they were married - for that reason.

I'm not a fan of JR but did feel it a very honest post and a question which was pure noiseness that she didn't have to answer.

I even felt a bit sorry for her because to me the band she wears along with another ring - has always signalled to me engagement and wedding ring - so i've felt maybe this a part of her life that shes slightly insecure about.

Fair enough that's her choice, but I wonder if she realizes that they will be badly stung for Inheritance Tax if the worst happened.

I have recently become involved with THE most wonderful man, BUT I've warned him NEVER to refer to me as his 'partner' - I LOATHE the word ! Whatever happened to wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, fiancee, or, as I prefer to be called "the love of my life ". One has partners in business, or a dance partner - its such a cold word for a relationship title.

Fair enough that's her choice, but I wonder if she realizes that they will be badly stung for Inheritance Tax if the worst happened.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that. Although maybe a little morbid you do hear of these things happening with common law partners. I can remember my now mother-in-law making it quite clear, before I married her son, that she was his next of kin. At the time it made me think would I be pushed away if anything happened to, my then boyfriend, such as funeral arrangement etc. Infact at the time it made me feel as if I wasn't really part of the family. Infact before I was married I can remember my now brother-in-law saying to me "You may be part of the family one day". Sorry rant over.

I have recently become involved with THE most wonderful man, BUT I've warned him NEVER to refer to me as his 'partner' - I LOATHE the word ! Whatever happened to wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, fiancee, or, as I prefer to be called "the love of my life ". One has partners in business, or a dance partner - its such a cold word for a relationship title.

I agree with you I hate the term partner so business like horrible.

It's one of my husband's pet hates, he gets really ratty if anyone calls me his "partner":cheeky:

I too hate the word,partner........however I do use it quite a lot - its the "safest" word when talking to parents at school!!

I loathe the word ‘partner’ too, imo it’s apathetic and meaningless. I agree Brissles a cold word for a relationship title, it’s too business like and insignificant. My :angel::heart::star: would never refer to me as their ‘partner’.:giggle::sun:

Apols for resurrecting an old thread but I meant to post on this when it was first running as it's something that really interests me. My OH and I are both women and were two of the first in the UK to enter into a Civil Partnership. OH (or perhaps I should say CP?!!) is also a university lecturer in Law (not as dull as it sounds) and was reflecting at work at the time the Civil Partnership legislation was being drafted about the language involved - the way in which both parties are in terms of legal rights understood as 'husbands' but not referred to as such in the law for fear of offending those who have a certain view of marriage etc. We were both pleased with the idea of being 'Civil Partners' rather than 'wives' or any other term that could have been chosen, as for us the idea of being a 'partner' suggests equality. My lovely late grandma though hated it when she was referred to as my grandad's partner on official forms - her argument was that when she got married, which was immediately post-war, being a 'wife' was a job and a role in itself, and she considered that she had been a good wife to my grandad and deserved recognition for that. Although my life has been so different from hers I always thought it was a really touching way to understand ones role in terms of family commitments and duties and I always had the greatest respect for her choice.

CP and me both wear rings as a sign of our commitment - she has just a plain band but I have two rings which resemble the traditional wedding band and engagement ring. Some of our friends (gay and straight) were surprised at my choice, as it is rare among CP's who tend to just have a plain band, but my argument was that anyone who was lucky enough to get to be with me for the rest of their natural has to provide me with diamonds...! I have carried on this tradition with an eternity ring and am already planning rubies for our 40th anniversary...

Hope we all have great families and relationships in whatever form they come and however they're expressed to the world x

As long as you're in a loving relationship what the heck? Call each other what you like .........but........ I think calling each other CPs could be a little bit formal.
It deserves a more lovey-dovey term than that :hi:

CP and me both wear rings as a sign of our commitment - she has just a plain band but I have two rings which resemble the traditional wedding band and engagement ring. Some of our friends (gay and straight) were surprised at my choice, as it is rare among CP's who tend to just have a plain band, but my argument was that anyone who was lucky enough to get to be with me for the rest of their natural has to provide me with diamonds...! I have carried on this tradition with an eternity ring and am already planning rubies for our 40th anniversary...
Yeah who cares what we choose to call ourselves in a relationship, it's a very personal choice after all. Just get the fab jewellery!! :rock:

I think whatever words you can use can upset some people. I have had " Oh no, he/she is my husband/wife", and I have also had the " no he/she is my partner" explained in pained tones as if I should know better.
Its like the Miss, Mrs and MS thing. Sometimes I wish we go down the German road and just use Mrs for everyone, stops offending.

partner always makes me smile as I think of "partner in crime" Love your plans for more jewellery ArtDeco, always a good idea!

Latest posts

Back