Gardening

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I'm not posting to knock Richard Jackson directly but doesn't he have a gnome to go to? ;) How many gardening TSVs do we need? We've had something like 8 since Christmas (Yeah, I'm sad!) and there a 2 over Easter. I was hoping for something nice and entertaining over the break, not old pokey fingers and his half-dead plants. I don't even have a garden. I'm sure all of the other QVC viewers living in the inner city and blocks of flats are really looking forward to it. *yawn*

I wonder if Craig will be stuck doing the bank holidays again too?

I'm not posting to knock Richard Jackson directly but doesn't he have a gnome to go to? ;) How many gardening TSVs do we need? We've had something like 8 since Christmas (Yeah, I'm sad!) and there a 2 over Easter. I was hoping for something nice and entertaining over the break, not old pokey fingers and his half-dead plants. I don't even have a garden. I'm sure all of the other QVC viewers living in the inner city and blocks of flats are really looking forward to it. *yawn*

I wonder if Craig will be stuck doing the bank holidays again too?

Another gnome. We only need 5 more for the set.

I love gardening and in theory these programmes should appeal. It's just that I know they talk rubbish about how to grow the plants, even some of their descriptions are less than accurate (or less than honest ??).

Linda :hi:

The plants I have had have been good quality but it is the claims RJ makes that don;t live up . Though some of the suppliers are just the same on thire own websites, make similar claims.
1) I have had evergreen clematis promise of flowers at beg of year, no, but still alive.
2) Hellboures again flower as above, plants health but no flowers.
3) Primulte Primroses, again flower beg of year, now in flower and beautiful display.
4) Winter pansies, very flower have flowered.
5) Climbing Fuschia;s did reach good height, and good flowers, can't say if they suurvived yet.
6) straberry planter, plants good and healthy, did get fruit, but not even a bowl full at once, not the pounds, promised.They did crop over a couple of months .

Well I for one will NOT be buying any more plants from them even if they are only charging the P&P. As last year due to a rush of blood to the head Never to be repeated I brought at least 6 or 7 lots of plants and bulbs from them and let's say I might as well have put my money straight on to the compost pile cutting out the cost of the pots and compost .
The giant lilies managed to reach 2'6" and only 5 or 6 of the 9 grew at all ,but it does look as though they may be coming back again this year.
As for the tree peonies,roses,helibours, hardy geraniums and several others they are now long gone. I followed the given instructions to the letter.
When I phoned customer service to complain I was told that as they were all out of my 30 day MBG there was nothing they could do about it .
So buyer be ware.

Latest posts

Back