Thank you forumites, from a newbie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Boycie

Guest Shopper
Hi everyone,

I've been a QVC viewer for about 10 years (don't really bother with the other shopping channels) and dread to think how much I've spent over the years. I discovered this site just before Christmas, and have had a lot of fun reading. Great to see that the things that wind me up also wind many of you up too! Such as the astronomical p&p, Julia wearing a 'small', Jill's use of the word 'infamous', Alisons Young and Keenan constantly interrupting their guests, Pippa's 'yeah, yeah, yeah,' the price of Liz Earle's products rising way above the rate of inflation,......I could go on but will save it for other threads!!!

I must just say thank you to everyone for all I have learnt so far from this site - the TSV previews, QVC sending out used items, the truth about Dennis Basso, and most of all - you have really helped me see through all the hype. I don't fall for the 'we are a QVC family' rubbish anymore. As someone who has fallen into a bit of debt, (nothing serious but it's going to take a long while to pay off!) mainly through QVC purchases, this site has been a great help in making me think twice before ordering. I now only make a couple of purchases a month whereas I used to make at least five or six, so this is good progress for me!! :angel:
Just wanted to let you know that you have all helped without being aware it!

Welcome Boycie
greet013.gif

Hello there Boycie, you sound like a kindred spirit, I was like you before I found this forum, wasted far too much money on QVC and fell for too much spiel and spin. I have not bought anything for three whole months and am feelling very proud. Have fun here

Hallo from one newbie to another, I found this forum by chance and have laughed so much reading the posts. I thought I was the only one who found some of these sales people - sorry presenters so irritating. I don't enjoy crowded shops and long waits to be served, I am always too busy so I like shopping online or from the TV, I am not sucked into the hype the way I used to be any more, I have rediscovered high street cosmetics and skin care (although I won't be without my Gatineau) but some of the stuff is just all hype.

The easi pay is another thing to beware of, I found I was spending so much more each month with it.

Latest posts

Back